9

Jungkook's POV

I stormed inside our pack house, tears streaming down my cheeks. I felt broken. My own mate doesn't want me. I ran towards my room and locked my door, standing in front of my mirror. I looked at myself and began to realize why my mate doesn't want me.

Actually, if I were him, I wouldn't want me either. What he said was partly true, I guess..

I wiped my tears away forcefully, trying to get rid of them. It didn't really work though, the more I wiped them away, the more they came rolling down.

I sobbed and slumped down onto the ground, pressing my knees against my chest.

This is the worst day of my life.

Jimin's POV

I walked out of the kitchen and that's when I heard a door slam close. Being a little bored, I tried to find that door in curiosity. I walked down the corridor and suddenly heard someone sobbing.

I recognized the voice immediately. Jungkook.

My heart ached at the thought and I speedwalked to his room, knocking onto his door.

"J-jungkookie..?"

No response.

"Jungkookie, are you okay?"

No response, except for whimpers.

I sighed. I ain't giving up so easily, I want to be there for my best friend. I looked up, my eyes landing onto the shelf above the door. If only I could reach it..

I stood on my tippy toes and reached out my arm, trying to find the spare key with my hand, my fingertips only reaching the edge of the shelf.

I huffed. My damn height isn't helping at this point.

I jumped and used both of my hands to cling onto the shelf, now hanging above the ground by a few centimeters. I gripped the shelf tightly with one hand, my other quickly managing to find the key. I let go and stood back onto the ground, smiling proudly at myself for grabbing the key successfully. Achievements. That's when I realized my current situation and I quickly unlocked the door, only to be met with my best friend hugging his knees infront of the mirror, sobbing uncontrollably.

The be honest, I've never seen him this sad before.

"Jungkookie, what's wrong? Why are you suddenly like this?" I squatted down onto my knees, pulling him into a comforting hug.

"H-he does-n't wa-want m-m-me..!" He managed to say. I furrowed my brows. "Who doesn't want you? What are you talking about Jungkookie?" After thirty seconds or so, he steadied his breathing a little. "M-my mate doesn't w-want m-me."

I widened my eyes in shock, a loud gasp left my mouth. I pulled away from Jungkook to look him in his teary eyes.

"YOU FOUND YOUR MATE?!" He vaguely nodded. "B-but he doesn't want me..." He whispered. I couldn't believe my ears. I couldn't believe my eyes. My best friend looked heartbroken, which is very much understandable at this moment. How could this happen?!

I pulled him in for another hug, patting his back. "Wha-what happened?" I asked, ready to beat the shit out of the guy. "I-I.. I smelled this addicting scent.. I followed it, only to end up meeting him at our b-borderline.. He looked so handsome, Jiminie. He looked so p-perfect. His scent was so a-addicting.. Until he looked at me in disgust and said really harmful things.. He said he never wanted an omega, he said he never wanted m-me.." My blood began to boil. "Was he from our pack? What was his rank?" I clicked my toungue, trying to stay calm for Jungkook.