24

This is Yook Sungjae, a new character :)
___________________________________

Jungkook's POV

It felt good to stretch my legs after a little while. The forest was damp and a little misty, since it was early in the morning and due to the rain yesterday.

I ran as fast as I could and stopped when I was pretty far from the pack house.

I laid down onto the soft grass and closed my eyes, enjoying the sound of the chirping birds and sometimes a small, warm breeze.

My silverish coat moved in the wind, everything was peaceful until I heard a branch snap.

I immediately opened my eyes and looked around, not seeing anything weird, or dangerous.

I stood up and changed into my human form. Not sure what to do.

The warm breeze turned a little more aggressive, the birds stopped chirping and everything was silent.

Too silent.

The sun was replaced with a dark cloud, the beautiful scenery now only a dark forest.

I took a few steps forward, wanting to go back when another branch snapped.

My head quickly turned to the sound and my eyes widened.

                             --

                             --

A big, brown wolf emerged from the darkness. He growled lowly, head low while nearing me.

Noticing his scent, I know he is a Beta.

I can never fight him.

I wasn't marked yet, so if he'd fight me he could forcefully mark me, claiming me, no matter if I had a mate or not.

I took small steps back, scared for what was going to happen.

The wolf suddely lunged forward, tackling me to the ground with a thud. I yelped at the painful action, my head hitting a rock.

I hissed, pressing my eyes shut. I feel very dizzy, I'm sure I am bleeding.

I opened my eyes again, seeing his bare teeth about to bite into my neck, to kill me. A tear escaped my eye and I whispered, "P-please.. D-don't.."

The wolf paused for a moment, only to resume.

A quiet sob left my mouth and I prepared myself for my end.

Out of nowhere, the weight was lifted off of me and I saw another white brownish wolf biting the brown wolf in it's neck, making it whimper.

The white brownish wolf was clearly stronger, seeing how easy he attacked the other to the ground, biting anywhere he could.

With one last whimper, the brown wolf ran away.

The unknown wolf that was left, hurriedly came towards me, changing into his human form.

"Stupid rogues. Are you okay!?" He lifted my head off of the rock, onto his lap. "You're bleeding!" He exclaimed, looking at his hands. "Can you hear me?? How many fingers am I holding up?!"

"T-three.." I said with a small voice. He exhaled. "Okay, pffew, no brain damage I think."

I would laugh at his words, but in my current situation, I couldn't because of the pain.

"Wait! Here!" He grabbed something out of his pocket, what seemed like a painkiller and a wet cloth. "D-do you always c-carry--ouch!--Those with you?" I asked, being interrupted in the middle when he cleaned my wound with the cloth.

He hummed. "Yeah, well, it's a coincidence. I was training with a few pups, and one of them scraped her leg. I wanted to go clean it, when I heard a wolf growling from in the distance. Since I'm the upcoming Alpha, I wanted to check it out so I handed the pup to her mom and she took care of her further."

"I see.. W-what--ouch--pack are you from?" I asked, trying to ignore the stings. "I'm from the Crimson Pack. Upcoming Alpha, like I already said. I still haven't found my mate, when I do, I can become Alpha. My name is Sungjae by the way. Yook Sungjae."

I watched his moves. I noticed that he was really handsome.

"Okay, aaand, done!" He said, lifting me into a sitting position.

I held onto the back of my head with my hand, taking the painkiller with the other. I placed it into my mouth and swallowed it, after he gave me a water bottle.

I smiled. "Thank you so much! You saved my life!" I hugged him, unbelievably grateful. He patted my back, chuckling. "It's alright. It's the least I could do. What pack are you from?"

"My old pack was the Blue Moon Pack, until the Alpha of the Lycan Blood Pack came with his warriors and--I don't think I have to explain any further.." I trailed off. He nodded. "Ah, so he took the rest who weren't killed with him, to forcefully join his pack?"

I shook my head, carefully because of my wound.

"No, only me and my best friend, the Alpha of the Blue Moon Pack. You see, my best friend met his mate and he was part of the Lycan Pack."

He hummed. "I understand.. Why did he take you with him then? Did you want to stick with your best friend?" I averted my eyes to the trees in the back.

"N-no.. Well yes, but that's not the reason.. He's um.. That killer-Alpha is my mate.." I sadly looked down, only to look up when didn't hear anything.

His mouth agape, he stared at me. "That's.. I'm sorry." I shook my head. "It's fine! He doesn't want me as his mate anyway. He doesn't want an omega as his mate. He said it to me himself. He doesn't like me very much.."

He looked at me apologetically. "He sounds like a real asshole, to be honest. Just look at you, you're the most handsome omega I've ever seen!"

I blushed furiously at his words, forgetting the fact I look like a mummy with the wet cloth knotted around my head.

"Um--thanks.." I mumbled shyly. He giggled. "By the way, if there is anything I can do for you, just say it! I really owe you!" I said, looking back up. He smiled. "Alright. But then we have to scent each other to imprint a small bond, otherwise we won't be able to mindlink each other."

I blushed again, before nodding. He's right. Hoseok and I couldn't form a mindlink, since he isn't a wolf.

I scooted closer to him and hugged him, stuffing my face in his neck, finding his scent gland.

He giggled at my cute action, before doing the same.

After a minute or so, I backed away with very red cheeks and stood up, wobbling a bit since I was still dizzy.

"Are you going to be okay? I don't want something to happen to you." He asked, also standing up.

'Well this is how a mate should behave.' I sadly thought.

"Yeah, I'm going to be okay, don't worry. By the way, I love your wolf's coat." I complimented him. He smiled. "Thank you! I haven't seen yours yet, but I'm sure it's just as beautiful as you are."

I blushed once again, waving at him before I took off.

I hurried my way back to the packhouse in my human form and tried to not thing about Sungjae the whole time.

'You have a mate, Jungkook. Get back to your senses.'