20

(The whole chapter is Taehyung's POV)
---------------------------------------------------

Flashback

I held my dad's hand, while we walked into the forest.
"Are we there yet?" I asked, curious of where we were going.
"Yes, my son. We're almost there." He answered, walking a bit faster. "Why didn't mom come with us?"

"Mom is a bit sick. She didn't feel like coming with us."
I looked at my dad, seeing his side profile. I knew it was a lie, I wasn't dumb. She wasn't sick at all, but I wondered why my dad would lie.

"We're here."

I was pulled out of my thoughts, and I looked around. Nothing to see except for trees, and more trees. It was autumn, colored leaves were scattered on the soil ground.

"Oh, I forgot something important! Stay here, okay?" My dad released my hand, looking into my eyes.

His silver eyes showed distress, he was for sure uncomfortable but my innocent self answered,
"Of course, dad. Come back quickly, okay?"

He nodded, a fake smile dancing on his lips that shouldn't be convincing at all, but for me it was.

He turned around and walked away, his figure fading in the distance. He changed into his wolf form for sure, but I wondered what was so important, that yet, was forgotten.

I shrugged to myself and slid down onto the ground, my back against a tree.

I oftenly looked into my direction my dad went into, checking if I'd see him.

A few minutes passed, but he wasn't back yet. A cold breeze made me shiver a bit, since I wasn't wearing warm clothes.

Those few innocent minutes turned into hours, and hours turned into two days.

I sat against that tree for two days, waiting for my dad to come back.

I was holding onto my knees, shivering visibly. I rubbed my small hands against each other, trying to warm up a bit.

It was at this moment I knew, my dad wasn't coming back.

Did something happen?

No, what could've gone wrong? He's a Lycanthrope, just like all of the other wolves from my pack, including myself.

I wasn't defenseless at all, I was rather more powerful against a normal Alpha eventhough I was just eleven years old.

I heard my stomach grumble and my throat was dry. I was hungry and thirsty, still patiently waiting in hope my dad or even my mom, would come back.

My dad, the Alpha of the pack and my mom, the Luna of the pack.

One more day went by and I felt myself weaken. I stood up, looking into my dad's direction one more time and I went the other way.

He abandoned me.

If he didn't, someone from the pack would come and get me. Anyone.