58

Taehyung's POV

"Lock the door behind you." I said to Hoseok, not wanting someone to barg in and see my mate like this.

Hoseok obliged and did what I said, walking towards me after.

Silence.

Raindrops dripped down from the window and the sky turned grey. Not long after, the sound of rain hitting the ground filled my eardrums.

I stared at Jungkook's pale, yet beautiful face.

How could I be this stupid?

I won't forgive myself, ever, if he doesn't wake up.

I forced my feelings to stay inside of me, since Hoseok is here. I softly raised my hand and caressed Jungkook's cheek, feeling how cold his skin is.

It felt like I couldn't breath. The air was so thick, I had this lump in my throat making me unable to swallow.

"H-Hoseok.. Can you leave for a moment please? I want to be alone with Jungkook right now."

He nodded, "Of course. Call me if you need me."

I gave a nod back and as soon as I heard the door close and his footsteps fading away, I broke down.

My bottom lip trembled, tears rolled down my face. I bended over Jungkook's body, hugging him carefully while stuffing my face in his shirt.

"P-p-please wake u-up.." I sobbed.

"I p-promise I w-won't ever h-hurt you again, I'll be the best mate I possibly c-can be for y-you.."

I hoped with everything I had that he'd magically wake up.

But this is reality.

Like I expected, nothing changed.

"P-p-plea-se.."

My whole body was shaking in anxiety, I had never felt this scared in my whole life before.

I slowly let him go, not wanting to suffocate him.

Everything was blurry due to my tears. I tried to blink and wipe them away, but they just kept on coming.

I sat on my knees at the side of the bed, softly grabbing Jungkook's ice cold hand.

"Please.."

I wiped my eyes again and raised my head to look at his face, only to my horror seeing how his face features changed to blank.

I saw how the color on his lips drained away only to be replaced with the same color as his pale skin.

My breath hitched.

I bit my trembling lip and quickly bended over to listen to his heart beat.

I pressed my head against his chest, expecting to heart the calm rhythm of his heart.

But there was none.

My tears soaking in his shirt, I grabbed his wirst with shaky hands, trying to feel his pulse.

There was none.

I stood up immediately and began screaming my lungs out for Hoseok, not caring if the whole packhouse could hear me.

Because at this moment, only Jungkook mattered.

Hoseok's POV

After Taehyung told me to leave, I went to grab a glass of water in the kitchen.