25

Jungkook's POV

When I finally reached the pack house, I walked inside, totally forgetting about the cloth around my head which is probably stained red from the back.

I saw Jimin with Yoongi on the couch in the corner, so I walked up to them with a smile.

"Jiminie! Yoongi!--"

"OhMyGod, what happened?!" In a flash Jimin was behind me, holding my head while inspecting it. I sighed. "I was out for a run, when this brown wolf attacked me. He was a rogue. I fell backwards with my head on a rock, and when he was about to kill me someone saved me.."

I fiddled with my fingers. "Well, happy to see you're not dead." Yoongi stated. "Who saved you?"

"The upcoming Alpha of the Crimson pack." I answered Jimin.
"I've heard of him.. I've never seen him, though. But if he saved you, I'm sure he's really nice!"

At that moment Hoseok, Jin and Namjoon neared us with a smile, until they saw my head and the cloth in Jimin's hand.

"OhMyGod what happened?!"

Here we go again.

I nudged Jimin, wanting him to answer the worried Jin.

When Jimin finished, Jin scoffed. "And your mate is where, exactly? Doesn't he care?" I looked down, trying to think of an answer. "Well, he doesn't know yet, but even if he did, I'm sure he would care about the health of his fellow pack members.."

"No, Jungkook. He's your mate. You should be his number 1 priority. He should be worried sick, if he knew. Let's go find him." Jin dragged me with him, snatching the blood stained cloth from Jimin and he pushed me into the Alpha's office once we got there, not even knocking.

"You think this is normal?"

Hands on his hips, he glared at the Alpha, while I looked down.  The overwhelming scent from this morning wasn't there anymore, only the scent of peppermint.

I internally pouted.

"Watch out who you're talking to and looking at, Jin." The Alpha warned. Jin scoffed once again. "Instead of arguing with me, shouldn't you take a look at your mate?"

At that moment his eyes were on me. I gulped at his stare and soon enough heard, "Jin, leave my office."

Jin immediately walked out, giving me a small smile.

I just stood there, waiting for my mate to speak up.

"What happened?" He asked, walking towards me. "I-I went out for a run, when this brown wolf attacked me. He tackled me to the ground, my head hitting a rock. Happily enough, someone saved me when he was about to kill me."

I slowly looked up, still not looking straight into his eyes. He just nodded. "I see. Are you okay now?" My lips in a thin line, I nodded. "Okay, good."

This is it?

Just this?

He's not worried, or even angry at the brown wolf?

He doesn't feel the need to protect me, or something like that?

I sadly stared at the ground, seeing him walk back to his seat behind his desk.

Only the thought, makes me utterly sad.

"Can you leave now? I still have to finish this, and after I have to go hunting for a huge deer." He sounded exasperated.

Tears threatening to spill, I nodded and quickly walked out.

Ouch.

He must really hate me, if he doesn't even care that that wolf tried to kill me in the first place.