Taehyung's POV

A few days have passed and I haven't seen Jungkook anywhere. Not like I care, I'm just curious where he has been hiding..

I closed the door behind me and headed towards my office, when Jae came running up to me.

"A-alpha..H-happy birthday!" He said out of breath. I patted his shoulder. "Thanks Jae, but you know I don't like to celebrate it or anything. This is just a normal day, okay?" He nodded, knowing I'm right.

I'm always right.

"I got to go. I have some work to do." I said, before walking off.

Reasons. I have so many reasons why I am like this..

Jungkook's POV

I was about to walk around the corner when I saw my mate and some other guy talking.

"A-alpha. H-happy birthday!" The guy said.

My eyes widened. It's his birthday today?! I didn't even know!

I stormed away and gripped my hair while walking towards Jimin's and his mate's room. I've been avoiding my mate ever since I thought I should change for him, mostly because I just don't know what to change.

I can't change my rank, unfortunately..

Otherwise I would've done that a long, long, time ago.

Once I arrived at their room, I knocked furiously onto the door, only to reveal a grumpy Yoongi.
"What!" I bit my lip. "Where's Jimin??" He opened the door wider and I saw Jimin sleeping on the bed. I giggled and sneaked up to him.

I looked at his face. He was still peacefully in dreamland, until I jumped on him. "Mhm, Jungkoooooook! Why!!" I smiled. "I need your help."

He sat up straight and rubbed his eyes. "Okay, what is it?"

"It's the Alpha's birthday today, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do! I don't even have a present.." I sadly stated.

"Just tie a bow around your head and walk up to him with that scent of yours, and you're done." Yoongi said, getting back in bed. Since there was no space left, I stood back onto the floor. I sighed.

I'm the last thing he'd want for his birthday..

"No, seriously. What can I get him? I can get another deer, I guess.. It would take a really long time, but maybe--"

"No way in hell you're going to do that. I don't want you to pass out again, Jungkookie." Jimin said. "We all know it is his birthday today, but he said he doesn't want to celebrate it. He stated that very, very clearly." Yoongi said with a muffled voice, because of the blankets.

My eyes widened. "And you didn't bother to tell me?! Maybe I would've got a birthday present if you told me sooner! And even a person who doesn't like to celebrate their birthday, likes to get a present.." I started. "And what am I supposed to do now? I feel so bad! I'm his mate and I have nothing to give to him.." A single tear trailed down my cheek.

"Jungkookie, don't cry! We'll get him something, okay? For now, I think you should just find him and congratulate him." Jimin hugged me. I nodded. "I will. Thank you."

I sped out of their room and began searching for the Alpha. I knocked onto his room, but got no response.

I thought for a bit, wondering where he could've went. He wouldn't be working on his birthday, right?

I walked to his office and knocked onto the door. "Come on in." I inhaled and opened the door, looking down. I wasn't sure if I could look him straight into his eyes. "Oh, Jungkook. It's you. What is it?" I looked up and smiled. "Happy birthday, V."

I saw his facial expressions change, before he just nodded two times and sealed his lips.

Not sure what to do, I decided to speak up. "S-so is there um.. Anything you'd like to--"

"No."

"Really? I'm sure I can get you--"

"No." He said more serious this time.

"But really, I would feel bad if--"

"No!" I flinched due to the fact he raised his voice. My wolf whimpered and I immediately looked back down.

Oh.

"B-but I just wanted t-to--" I whispered.

His groan interrupted me. "Did I stutter? I said 'no' three times already, I'm not planning on saying it again. Now get out of my office, omega." I swiftly turned around and ran out of his office, running outside to be alone.

I ran further and further into the woods, until I was sure I was alone.

I just sat down against a tree and that's when tears began flowing.

I just wanted to make him happy..

I just wanted to be a good mate for once..

I even screw things up on his birthday..

Can't I do anything right for once?

I threw away a rock and suddenly, I heard a painful yelp.
I stood up and looked towards the place I threw the stone to, not sure if I heard it correctly.

But I was sure I was, when someone walked out of the bushes, rubbing his head. I gasped and ran up to the person. "Oh my god, are you okay?" I asked worriedly. The person smiled. "I'm okay, don't worry."

I looked at him and quickly realized he's not a wolf. He hasn't such a scent, which I should've smelled some while ago.

I took a few steps back, cautious. "W-who are you? What are you?" I asked, not able to defend myself if needed. The guy smiled again, while sticking out his hand.

"I'm Hoseok. Jung Hoseok. Nice to meet you." I extended my hand too and softly shook his, while his smile only widened. "You don't have to be scared of me. I'm a witch, and I'm known by the Lycan Blood Pack's Alpha." He said, which made me kind of relieved.

"Ah, okay. Normally I would say that's even more reason to be careful around you, but now that I'm part of that pack too, I guess it's a good thing.." I scratched the back of my head.

"What do you mean? When did you join that pack?" He asked curiously. "Also, have you been crying?" I quickly wiped my cheeks, shaking my head. "I'm fine, don't worry. And well.. Ever since that pack destroyed ours, I was forced to come with him since I'm his m-mate.." I looked down and whispered the last word.

I heard Hoseok gasp. "YOU'RE THE ALPHA'S MATE?!" I nodded. That's when the guy suddenly engulfed me in a hug.

"You can call me Hobi from now on! We're going to be really good friends! Come with me, I want to know everything about you!" He excitedly jumped up and down, grabbing my hand while we walked back towards the pack house.

I smiled.

I made a new friend.