The Beginning

Author's note: This story is currently being revised to correct things such as grammar structure.

You would think that if your mother was the number 11 pro hero and your stepdad the number one hero both in the eyes of the public and you, you would have a relatively comfortable and comforting life, right?

No. At least not if you were quirkless... If you had a quirk, well, that is a different story.

This is what a young Izuku Midoriya learned on that terrible day...

We can see Inko Midoriya in casual clothes sitting in a waiting room with two children sitting at each of her sides. One of them is a 4-year-old Izuku Midoriya, and the other is a small girl with yellow hair and green eyes, her name, Izumi Yagi, a few months younger than Izuku, born prematurely at 6 months, and 10 months later, Izumi was born.

The two children are happily talking with each other over their mom about what quirk they will have; they are probably some of the closest siblings ever.

Suddenly the secretary came to them and spoke to Inko.

S: Miss. Yagi?

Inko: Yes?

S: The doctor has the results ready if you could please go into his office.

Inko: Of course, come on, kids, let go.

Kids: YEEES!

Inko and the kids stood up, and Inko opened the doctor's office door; she sat down in one of the chairs and her two children beside her.

Dr: Miss Yagi, I have to inform you I have one good news and one bad news, which would you like to hear first?

Inko paled a bit and thought she then swallowed a bit of stuck up saliva and opened her mouth.

Inko: T-the awful news.

Inko was visibly nervous, but her two children remained oblivious about what was happening until the doctor finally spoke.

Dr: I am sorry to inform your son, Izuku Midoriya has an extra joint in his pinky toe; in other words, he does not have a quirk nor will ever have.

Izuku paled at those words, his eyes widened while his jaw fell as well.

Inko closed her eyes while sadness invaded her, and Izumi watched with sorrow in her brother's eyes. Would they still be able to be heroes together? Then the doctor spoke again, taking both Inko and Izumi out of their thoughts.

Doctor: On the other hand, your daughter seems to have a robust electrokinetic quirk; it's probably one of the most definite quirks you could possibly have.

Izumi's eyes lit up, and a smile went through her. Inko also smiled in happiness. She then picked up Izumi and raised her.

Inko: You heard that?! You have a quirk!

Izumi: I will be the best of them all!

Izuku looked from the corner of his eyes at his mom and sister while tears formed in his eyes...

In the Yagi household, later that night.

Inko was sitting on the couch while watching t.v with Izumi asleep on her lap as she brushed her fingers through Izumi's hair. Then the house's door opened and then closed again, and through it came a deflated All Might.

Inko turned to him.

Inko: Hello, darling!

Toshinori: Hello, honey.