Prepare

The week off UA students had after the USJ attack flew by. Izuku, in that time, he spent it mostly training in the dojo since for him, that had become his usual routine, and it felt weird not to go there. He spent most of his time reading books or making new designs for support items.

He mostly did it in the living room, which now he doesn't mind staying in even if Izumi is there. He won't actively interact with her unless she asks him something, but that is enough to make Izumi happy.

Finally, they returned to school. Izuku walked to his class and opened the door.

Hatsume: IZUKUUU!

Hatsume ran to his face.

Izuku: Hatsume.

Hatsume: I was worried, you know?! What would happen if my great companion was killed! When I heard the news, I couldn't stop worrying!

Izuku then pushed her back a little.

Izuku: Well, I am thankful for your concern, but you don't have to worry, I'm fine.

Hatsume: Are you sure? You won't need any more life support, right? Because if you do, I will gladly make it!

An image passed through Izuku's head of himself exploding into pieces after using Hatsume's "life support."

Izuku: Eh, no, don't worry, I didn't sustain any significant injuries.

Hatsume: Oh, okay then, I guess I will have that prototype stored for later.

Izuku: Excuse me?

Hatsume: Nothing! We are late for the class, right? Let's go in!

Izuku: 'Was she expecting me to get injured just so she could try whatever mess of wires she created?..... At this point... I'm not even surprised....'

The first classes went by relatively uneventful. The only remarkable thing was that Izuku was surrounded by the other support course students worried about him and kept asking him questions.

Then Power Loader came and gave quite the announcement to them.

Power Loader: Okay, listen up! In three weeks, we will be holding the UA sports festival hosted by the heroics department! While the event is mostly for the heroics students to shine, you can also get the spotlight by showing off your inventions. You see, you will participate in the events as usual, but you will be able to use any design you want! Of course, the only requirement is that is must have been made by you; other than that, there are no limits. So let your imagination run wild. So let's show everyone what you are capable of Plus Ultra!

Shortly after, the class ended, and Izuku walked out of the room. Once he stepped out, he found Shinso standing there.

Izuku: Oh, Shinso.

Shinso: Hey there. Mind coming with me?

Izuku: Sure.

Izuku and Shinso then began walking through the halls.

Shinso: So, how was it having to fight the villains? You good?

Izuku: Yeah, I'm slight. Don't worry about it, and well, it was quite the experience; it's not every day you get to fight a buffed McChicken.

Shinso: He, yeah, I saw the pictures they released from the attack of the USJ. Also, I guess you are aware of the sports festival.

Izuku: Yes, I am aware.

Shinso: Well, you see, my goal is to be in the heroics course, and the sports festival is the only chance I can get.

Izuku: Really?