Saint Peter Has Called A Name

Tik Tok... tik tok... tik... tok... The clock began to move...

The fight with Enrico was a tough one, and it ended up in national news as the C.E.O of Kater Industries being attacked was quite an important thing. Izuku was devastated, Kater, Jitsuna, and Izumi had been pretty much left at the brink of death. He spent all his time in the hospital, switching between the different rooms they were in. Izumi's classmates also came to visit Izumi and comfort Izuku; they all knew just how much they all meant to him. Kirishima even saw Jitsuna, who, in a way, had aided him to become a greater hero. Vlad, Breman, and Seidji also came to visit Kater, Jitsuna, and Izuku. Vlad was devastated too; he had been with Kater for so long that the idea of losing him terrified Vlad... The cheerful and jokester Vlad had seemingly vanished...

Izumi was the first to open her eyes, her own resilience made the recovery process much quicker, and with the help of a recovery girl, she was out of the hospital in no time. Jitsuna was the second one to come to his senses, and when he heard the news, I feeling of immense guilt flooded him; what kind of bodyguard was he? Even though his recovery process was not completely done, he stood up and put on his uniform, and went to stand guard outside of Kater's room, fulfilling the job he had previously failed at...

Enrico was found dead where Izumi had left him. The analysis performed by the doctors in the autopsy cleared Izumi of any relation she may have had with the death of Enrico, as they found some nanites and a mysterious substance in Enrico's body. Whatever it was, it had an effect triggered by the nanites, which resulted in Enrico's death. Due to lack of resources, the body and all the results they obtained were sent to a government facility...

The hospital Kater was, was a private one and dependency of Kater Industries as well. They were not going to risk what happened to Sir Nighteye happens to Kater as well, as he was currently lying on his bed, in a coma, fighting for his life...

Two weeks after the incident, as Jitsuna stood guard in Mr. Kater's room, he saw an unusual reading in Kater's monitor, and he began to worry.

"Mr. Kater?" Jitsuna asked. Jitsuna widened his eyes. "Mr. Kater! Mr. Kater!"

...

Kater was officially pronounced dead that evening... A few days later, the funeral took place...

All of Izuku's close friends came to the funeral. They knew this was going to be hard for him... For someone who values relations as much as Izuku, the loss of two connections, in the form of Eri and Kater, in such a short period was sure to be a big shock for Izuku... Izuku was not the only one suffering, though. Seidji came to wish his longtime friend a farewell, never it crossed through his mind that one of them would be buried so early... Jitsuna, once again in his uniform, gave his last service to Mr. Kater, standing next to the closed coffin that had Mr. Kater's body in it... Probably the saddest view was that of Vlad, who was a total mess...

Ever since Kater was officially pronounced dead, in Kater Industries, a power struggle ensued, with the board of directors fighting between themselves to see who would fill Kater's role. With Izuku still too young, the only sort of heir Kater had was Vlad, and from day one, he had been under fire of the board of directors, as they didn't want a, in their eyes, still a child, running them and the company. Vlad struggled to keep any sort of position inside Kater Industries, the last tie Vlad had with Mr. Kater. Still, thanks to Kater's longtime lawyer, he managed to keep a few key positions inside the company, but the board of directors kept heavy pressure on him, calling him out for the slightest thing, looking for any excuse to get rid of him. Vlad had to renounce to his position in the quirkless program, as the amount of work the board threw at him was ridiculous, and he had to focus on that. Vlad seemed like he hadn't eaten, slept, or shaved in the past few days, indeed a devastating scene...

The coffin was lowered into the ground, and soon, one by one, people started to leave, but not before leaving their condolences to those affected. As the last members left, Toshinori and Inko looked at each other; Izuku seemed to be still in shock, maybe he wanted some more time alone, so they decided to not disturb him and went away. They were going t wait for him until he was ready to leave. Only Izuku and Izumi remained at the grave. Izuku spoke up at that moment.

"I know what you are thinking," Izuku said. "You are blaming yourself for his death, you keep thinking about what if you had arrived just a few minutes earlier... but don't worry... he wouldn't have blamed you for anything..." Izuku said.

"Thanks... I guess those kinds of thoughts are inevitable..." Izumi said, and then she turned to Izuku. "But, let's not turn this on me, I know how much Mr. Kater meant to you... and I know that what you show outside it's not a reflection of what is going on inside you... You don't have to tell me about it, but..."

Izumi stepped closer to Izuku and hugged him.

"I want you to know that you don't have to go through it alone..." Izumi said. "Not anymore..."

Izuku returned the embrace, and after a few seconds, they separated. A voice ringed through Izuku's head...

"See you tomorrow, Mr. Kater!"

"See you tomorrow..."

Izuku looked up to the sky.

"Today is a terrible day for it to start raining..." Izuku commented.

Izumi looked up, but she saw the sky as clear as the water.

"I don't think it will rain," Izumi replied as she turned to look at Izuku, but that is when she saw it... in Izuku's eyes...

"Yes, it will..." Izuku said, and he turned around and walked away.

When he reached his dorm, Izuku closed his room door and took off part of his suit. Izuku heard as the door opened, and there was only one person who knew the password of his automated entry. Izuku turned around and saw Shota standing at the frame. No words were spoken, Shota immediately rushed to hug Izuku, the door closing behind her. Izuku immediately returned the embrace, and he gripped tightly to Shota's shirt... the glass of water had finally overflowed...

Shota doesn't really know much time Izuku spent crying, but she didn't complain. She knew he needed to get it out of his system, who knows how much months' worth of tears were in there. When Izuku finally had no more tears left to shed, he collapsed, and Shota helped him into his bed, where he passed out. Shota grabbed a chair that was nearby and sat at the side of Izuku's bed.

She cleaned Izuku's face, wiping the tears that still remained away; she held Izuku's hand as a way to remind him he was not alone; she combed his hair, which has messier than usual. It pained her having to see Izuku suffer like this, so she will be at his side to make the pain lighter. She would stay with him until the end of times if only he would stay with her too, but she is worried she would only get in the way of Izuku's dreams, so for now, she will remain at his side, but as a best friend, and as a shoulder he can rest on. Shota laid her head down on Izuku's bed, and soon, she too passed out...

At the cemetery...

Seih stood in front of Kater's grave as he read the description in it. Seih sighed...

"If only... you had opened your eyes... none of this would have had to happen... but you were always naïve, Zabier... why couldn't you see the reality of this world? Well... I guess its too late now..." Seih spoke.

Seih turned around and walked away from the grave. When their paths first split, they both turned their back on each other and walked away. Last time, Kater was the one who walked away, giving his back to Seih; this time though, it was Seih, walking away, and he is sure there won't be a fourth time... Seih continued to walk away, leaving behind the only person he ever indeed considered... his friend...