Time Sure Flies By...

Since the Cultural Festival, quite a few things have happened. Kurogiri, the League's warper, was captured by the heroes, and the revelation of his true nature came as a shock to Aizawa. Attempts were made, but they couldn't bring him back; he was no more... Shortly afterward, a massive battle occurred between Endeavour and some sort of new type of Nomu. The struggle was televised throughout the whole country. It was going to be Endeavour's first real battle as the number one hero, but many people wondered if that first fight might as well be his last. Throughout the country, millions watched, some with hope, some with horror. As Endeavour fought, he was not alone. Hawks gave Endeavour support on the battlefield. Meanwhile, the voices of the thousands that supported Endeavour could be heard in one way or another. In between those thousands of voices, a few of them stood out though...

His family was there for him. Even if Shoto and Natsuo don't precisely admit it with words, you could see the anguish in their faces at the thought that Endeavour might die in that battle. Shota, Fuyumi, and to an extent, even Rei, who was released from the hospital and allowed to go back home, were more vocal in their support. Shota didn't care if her classmates heard her scream her despair and her support for Endeavour as the battle raged on. But, why would they support Endeavour?

Ever since the little talk they had in Rei's room, Endeavour has been working hard to regain his family's trust; he never asked for forgiveness though; he wanted to let his actions speak for himself. He went to see Shoto when he had to train for his provisional license. At the end of every class, he would approach him and genuinely congratulate Shoto when he did something worthy of being praised, something he had pretty much never done before. He offered his advice to Shoto on what he can do to refine his techniques. Endeavor showed genuine interest in Shoto's, but this time, it was not because it benefitted him. His goals had changed. It was because he simply wanted to see Shoto grow, as a hero and as a person, so that one day, he will become someone much more incredible than him.

The same went for Shota; Endeavour would always text Shota when the school finished, asking about her day, the things she learned, and also offering advice in what he could. These may sound like trivial things, but often even such little things can have a lot of meaning to someone. Endeavour was going to give it his all. He made sure to help Fuyumi with her chores so that she wouldn't have to worry that much after she came from work. Whenever Natsuo went from the university, Endeavour would always be there to greet him, and during dinner, he would do his best to speak with him. Sometimes it could get a bit awkward though, but nobody said it would be easy. Lastly, Rei, he tried to keep his distance and made sure to not do anything that might alter her. Still, that didn't prevent him from always making sure Rei had everything she needed and a bit more. If Endeavour had something he regrets the most, though, it would be to not express to Touya just how sorry he was. That he would never see him grow; Endeavor just hopes that Touya grew into a fine man and that Touya is doing well, wherever he is...

Don't get them wrong, though; that doesn't mean they simply forgot about what Endeavour did to them, but they are willing to forgive. They are eager to stop looking at the darkness of their past, which in the end just hurts them all, and start looking at their future, whether this will be bright or dark, no one knows. For sure, though, they will work together and give it their all so that this future becomes a bright one.

That is the reason for their anguish, that is the reason for them giving Endeavour their support in this battle, they don't want their hard work and his too, towards achieving a brighter future, go to waste. As the last moments of the fight happened, they all locked their views on Endeavour, but he was nowhere to be seen. Had the flames been extinguished? No, they had just been born. Endeavor rose up, a fist raised up in the air, but, unlike All Might's, it didn't mark the end, but the beginning. A small flame was ignited that day. A little bit of light, in the middle of the sea of darkness that menaced to engulf it all...