Into Darker Days

Tartarus Prison....

AFO: So tell me.... How have you been son?

All for One and Izuku looked at each other as Izuku had finally been able to take up All Might's offer to arrange a visit for him.

Izuku: It has been... A bit tirying, not gonna lie.
AFO: You must take care of yourself, remember that you are still growing, so its important for you to take care of your health.
Izuku: I know, I know, everyone tells me that.
AFO: That just means they care about you. Are you going to tell me what has you so tired?
Izuku: Well... There is a project we want to do about quirkless heroes....
AFO: Well that's fantastic, you will finally be able to help people just like you wanted. Tell me are you the leader?
Izuku: Yeah, they placed me in that position, but recently I have had to deal with politicians and some people from Seih industries, it can be really annoying too.
AFO: I can imagine, politicians always go on and on without reaching any conclusion and Seih industries, their procedures have always seem sketchy to me, well considering who the CEO is, not a big surprise.
Izuku: I know, how were you able to deal with all of the politicians when you were like the shadow ruler or something.
AFO: I didnt, there is a reason I didnt take direct control after all, even with all my power I couldnt resist having to listen to any of the politicians in the diet, that is why I left a Prime Minister there and he would report to me.
Izuku: That's a surprisingly good plan.
AFO: I know right? But its illegal, so dont try anything like that, I dont want to see you in Tartarus.
Izuku: Of course not! What you think they will catch me?

All for One and Izuku shared a small laugh.

AFO: You are right, but seriously dont, your mother will be distraught if you do something like that.
Izuku: I know.....
AFO: You still havent forgiven her, right?
Izuku: Its just.... Its difficult to talk to her especially since she is always off doing hero work...
AFO: I know you will get the chance to talk to her, so please talk to her whenever you have the chance, okay?
Izuku: Okay.
AFO: That's my son.
Officer: Your time is up.
AFO: Well, seems like its time for you to go.
Izuku: I will come to visit another day.
AFO: I will be waiting, good luck in your projects.
Izuku: Thanks, see ya!

Izuku then waved at his father and walked out of the room where All Might was waiting for him and they then walked out of the prison.

At Sir Nighteye's agency.

Izumi and Mirio stood infront of the agency of Sir Nighteye.

Mirio: Lets go! Sir is waiting for you!
Izumi: R-right...
Mirio: Also one thing, Sir may look very strict but he appreciates humor a lot, so you have to try to make him laugh at least once.
Izumi: 'Make him laugh how am I supposed to do that?!'

Mirio then guided Izumi towards Sir Nighteye's office. When Mirio opened the door, they saw Sir torturing Bubble Girl with a tickling device.

Izumi: 'Huh?!'

Sir immediately turned around and narrowed his eyes. He then released Bubble Girl from the torture device.

Sir: Mirio, Bubble Girl, leave us alone.

Mirio and Bubble Girl did as told and they left.

Sir: Please take a seat.

Izumi did as told and she sat down.

Sir: I would normally greet anyone trying to do their internship here by doing a small test, but you are lucky, I wont be doing that with you. Do you understand why you have One for All?
Izumi: Well... Because my father gave it to me...
Sir: Exactly, not because you deserved it when he gave it to you, but because the other person who would have been better suited for it, rejected it, and the second person good for it, wasnt even asked. You know who I am talking about right?
Izumi: My brother...
Sir: Exactly, he has prooven to have the abilities to be an excellent One for All user, yet he rejected it to focus on helping people in other ways with his immense intellect. I couldnt really blame him when he told me.
Izumi: You have spoken to him?
Sir: I got wind of what you and your father did to your brother during all those years, Gran Torino told me about it. I lost hope when I learned of that.... So I decided to go to watch the License Exam to see if I could find a truly natural born hero.... And I met your brother. I asked him why he allowed you to have One for All when you were not a natural born hero, you know what he said to me?
"There are no natural born heroes, heroes arent born, they are made" and you know what? The more I think about it, the more he is right. No one is born specifically to do something, we may have traits that facilitate certain actions, but in the end is our choices that turn us into who we want to be, and the trials we face refine us. Tell me, what do you want to do?
Izumi: I want to amend for all my errors, for the pain I caused, and become the greatest hero so that I can save people, from those who were like me.
Sir: I see.... I will have to keep an eye on you then, because by what it seems, you have good ideas but execute them poorly, with your brother, trying to protect him was a noble idea, those with power should help those who dont have any, but the way you did was.... I dont even know how to put it....
Izumi: I understand....
Sir: Then we have the recent accident with Mirio.
Izumi: S-sorry...
Sir: Experience is what shapes us, through trials we gain experience, this agency will be your trial. Your brother put his confidence in you. He beleived that you will be a great hero with One for All, and while he is doing the job in the sidelines you will be in the frontlines, the perfect duo. When I asked him why he beleived you would become a great hero despite lacking many aspects of it, he said "Because I know that look, thats the look of someone willing to do anything to achieve their goal". You have improved, but it is not enough, your brother has deposited his confidence in you and I will too, I will help shape you so you can be a great holder of One for All, the only thing I ask, is that you demostrate with your results that I didnt waste my time.
Izumi: I will not make you regret this, thank you for trusting me!
Sir: Very well, now stand up, we have no time to waste, we will start now.