Conversing

Izuku walked back to his house after receiving the news of I-Island. He opened the door and walked to the stairs but he was stopped by All Might.

All Might: Izuku, can you come for a moment?
Izuku: I'm busy.
All Might: Please.... Its important.

Izuku turned around and thought for a moment.

Izuku: Fine, but make it quick.

Izuku then followed All Might and he sat on the dining table where Izumi also was.

Izuku: What is this all about?
All Might: You see... We wanted to invite you to come with us to I-Island, since you like creating things, I thought you might want to come with us too.
Izuku: Oh.... Um....
Izumi: Y-you dont have to come if you dont want to be with us, its alright...
Izuku: No, its just, Mr. Kater already arranged for me to go as part of a business trip.

All Might and Izumi looked at each other.

Izumi: We should have guessed...
All Might: B-but then that means you there is no problem for you to come with us in the same plane right?
Izuku: 'On a plane with this two? Or on a plane with Vlad?'

A chill went through his spine at the last thought.

Izuku: 'Its a surprisingly easy decision' I will speak with Mr. Kater, since it is a formal business trip after all.
All Might: O-Okay, please tell us what he says.
Izuku: Now if you excuse me.

Izuku stood up and left the dining room.

Izumi: I'm surprised he even considered it.
All Might: Yes... 'A father-son moment.... Why did I take them for granted before?...'

The next day at the airport.

Izuku, Izumi and a deflated All Might walked to their plane as they were being guided by a worker to the private section of the airport. There they waited for some time until they were finally allowed to board one of the private jets that would take them to I-Island. The three of them sat down and Izuku used the table infront of him and placed his sketchbook as he seemingly continued to develop some plans.

All Might: W-What are you working on Izuku?
Izuku: A holographic sketchpad.

All Might was surprised as he never really expected for Izuku to answer.

All Might: Sounds... quite complicated.
Izuku: Not really.
Izumi: D-do you have any other projects?
Izuku:.....

There was a moment of silence as Izuku continued to wrute down a note. When he finished he leaned into his backpack and took a notebook.

Izuku: Lets see...

Izumi widened her eyes as she thought Izuku had ignored her, as he often does.

Izuku: I'm trying to experiment with machines that counter gravity and that way they can create a levitation effect, pretty much like what you do when you manipulate the electromagnetic waves with your quirk to levitate. I'm also investigating matter compression and I'm trying to create a bigger zero-point reactor, but that has mostly ended up in failure.
Izumi: M-maybe with my quirk I could help you with it.

Izuku looked at Izumi for a moment.

Izuku: Your quirk could help me a lot. One for All could also help me.
All Might: One for All?
Izuku: Its essence is that of a stockpiling quirk right? Then I would like to know where it stockpiles it since it can seemingly store unlimited energy. The benefits of being able to endlessly store energy would revolutionize the whole world as no energy would be wasted.
All Might: I.... I never thought about that.
Izuku: Of course you didnt.
All Might: W-well.... But I am glad you were able to see it that way.... I'm sure you are definitely destined to do amazing things.
Izuku: Destiny?.... Destiny..... Destiny doesnt exist.
Izumi: W-why do you say that?
Izuku: The idea of "destiny" is just a concept invented by people to make them feel special, they need to have some sort of validation to assure them their existance has meaning. How stupid.
All Might: You think its bad for people to want to find meaning for their lives.
Izuku: I'm not saying that, I'm just saying its stupid to think that there I something bigger just because a few conditions they were given at the moment of their birth, when in reality they are just as worthless as everyone else.
Izumi: You are saying that humans are worth nothing?
Izuku: Yes, our existance has no inherent value or meaning, something the concept of destiny contradicts. You give your own life meaning and value through your own actions, actions you choose. The idea of destiny says that you have no other choice but to follow a path that was set for you because you are "special". This is what sets humanity back because it doesnt leave space for change, for growth, people will continue to do the same things over and over again because they beleive that it doesnt matter what they do, that they will achieve their "destiny" all because of some talent that they were born with, they fear to be part of the bunch, they dont want to hear the fact that they need to grow just as everyone else, and they get stucked and eventually they die.... You once said it, right All Might? Be who you want to be.
All Might: Indeed, as long as you are not harming people, or being a villain, you can be who you want to be.
Izuku: Yes, but some villains, is not like thet choose to be villains you know?
All Might: What do you mean?
Izuku: You are telling me you have really never thought about it? People nowdays beleive that a simple quirk can determine who they will be. People really beleive that having a "scary" quirk means those people will become a villain, or are villainous in nature. They reject them, and it doesnt matter what their dreams are, they are prevented from reaching them by the hero society just because they are seen as potential villains, for being born with something they didnt even ask to be born with... So, what do they do? They follow the only path left for them, the path the hero society, created for them, and when the society sees what they have become, they will say it wad destiny all along... They didnt have anything to do with it, no, it was destiny..... Are you beginning to understand to see why I have a problem with the concept of destiny? Its quite ironic dont you think? The same society that demonifies villains, is the same one responsible for creating them, and its not like they even try to fix their mistakes later on, they just throw them into a cell, and thats it.
All Might: You really thing villains can change?
Izuku: Anyone can change, All Might, its just matter of, do they want to change and are willing to go through the process, or not, at least that is what I beleive.
All Might: But how can you change a heart full of..... Hatred.
Izuku: The greatest heroes not only save bodies, but hearts too as well, right?

All Might widened his eyes.

All Might: How did you.... How did you know that?
Izuku: What? I think that is common sense, although I beleive common sense has been lost through the generations.
All Might: 'How could I almost forget about the greatest lesson of my master?.... Here I thought I couldnt get any dumber!..... True heroes save hearts too..... Izuku..... I destroyed your heart.... I destroyed your trust in me.... I destroyed our bond..... I thought I had been able to save you that day of the incident.... But I couldnt be any more wrong.... I will save you... Truly.... But to know what I can do.... I must understand how you feel first... I had been putting my own feelings of grief over yours and I never knew what was really crossing your mind.... I will change that....'
Izumi: I will go to the restroom, excuse me.

Izumi stood up and All Might and Izuku stood there in an awkward silence, until...

All Might: Izuku.... I need to ask you a question.
Izuku: What is it?
All Might: I need to know.... How you feel about me...
Izuku: What.... What do you mean?
All Might: I want to know your feelings...
Izuku: You want to know them?.... Havent I have made them clear with my actions?
All Might: I need to hear it from you directly.
Izuku: You want to hear it from me?.... You want to hear from me???!!!.... Dont you think its quite obvious?! Dont you think its obvious how I feel after my family abandoned me and refused to acknowledge my existance?! Do you really think there are any words to describe how I felt as I watched the person who I considered to be my father to just.... Just..... Just stop being my father?! Do you?! You really think there ks a way for me to describe the loniless?! The grief?! The sadness of watching the person who I looked up to the most just..... Refusing to acknowledge me despite my best tries to get them to recognize me? Do you think there are words that will make you understand those moments when I broke down as I realized that things would never be the same again?!

Izuku lowered his head.

Izuku: Do you really think.... There are enough words for me to describe how I felt when I realized..... We werent family anymore?.... That twice.... Did the person who I considered to be the greatest hero ever just..... Betrayed me?.... Tell me....

Izuku raised his head and All Might was able to see tears running through his face.

Izuku: Do you really think there are?....

Izuku lowered his head once more. All Might stood up from his sit and took the one Izumi was sitting on.

All Might: You are right.... There are no words to describe what I did. There are also not enough words for me to tell you just how sorry I am, and there are no excuses for what I did too... And nothing I say or do can change the past.... But I can change the future.

Izuku raised his head a little.

All Might: You said people choose who they want to be.... That people can change if they want to do it.... Then I will choose my new path, I will be a better dad.... No.... I will start being your father and I am willing to go through the necessary process it takes me, no matter how long it takes me.
Izuku: Words are just words... No matter how beautiful they are.
All Might: That is why I will give them meaning through my actions, I will proove that those words do have value. Also there are things that I can only express like this.... I dont think I ever said this to you, but I just.... I feel proud of you, for what you have been able to achieve, I know, if you follow this route, you will be something greater than me, although, maybe, you have already have. Most importantly.... I love you, I will not leave your side.... Never again.

Izuku looked to the side.

All Might: Please... Dont forget that.

All Might then stood up from his sit and went to his own sit. Izuku meanwhile clenched his fists and stood up from his sit and went to the restrooms that were on the other side of the plane. Meanwhile on her restroom, Izumi stood against the wall as she had been hearing the conversation between them....

Izuku entered the restroom and he quickly closed the door. He looked at himself in the mirror and saw he still had some tears in his face.

Izuku: 'Damn you... Old man'