Two Sides Of The Same Coin

Izuku felt as someone tapped him on the shoulder and he slowly rose his head up from according to him, comfortable position on top of Shota's head. Izuku blinked a few times before finally distinguishing the figure that stood infront of him, it was Shoto.

Shoto: Midoriya.
Izuku: Huh? Oh, right. 'This is oddly familiar...'

Izuku gently placed Shota on the sofa and stoop as he stretched. He looked around and saw Izumi sleeping on the coach too with a blanket on top of her, Izuku then remembered and grabbed the other one that had fallen to the floor and placed it on top of Shota. Leaving their sisters on the sofa, Shoto and Izuku walked outside to the small green area. They found a bench and sat down.

Izuku: So, what is it you wanted to talk about?
Shoto: You do remember what I told you about my father, right?
Izuku: Yes.

Izuku remembers all too well, how cant he when he looks at Shota's face everyday? Not that he is bothered by the scar, but its a sad reminder that a lot of people suffer too in the world in different ways.

Shoto: Well this is about that... I.... I want your advice.... You dont have to help me of course, I know you dont owe me the slightest of favors, but Bakugo told me I should try speaking with you....

Izuku thinks for a minute, he knows that whatever is bothering Shoto might be bothering Shota too, and also, Shoto is the last one of his old group of friends who he hasnt really gained a connection again, so he may as well try, and if he can help someone, the better.

Izuku: Dont worry, I'll listen and I will give you my opinion.
Shoto: Thanks... And well.... Its just... Yesterday in the practice to gain our provicional license, my father came to see... When the practice finished he came to me and said "I'm proud of you, so I will become a hero you can be proud of too. So you can be proud your father is the number one hero"..... I... For the first.... I felt somewhat... Happy, I guess, while thinking about him.... I want to be able... To forgive him, so maybe that way we can be the family my sisters want.... But I still cant bring myself to do it.... How.... How did you do it?....

Shoto let out a small laugh and Izuku turned to him.

Shoto: How ironic.... I helped to make your life miserable yet I am asking you for help with my own problems.... Its okay if you dont answer, I understand...
Izuku: If you hadnt done any of it I wouldnt be able to help you now. What you did was.... Cruel.... But the whole world is cruel, so introduced me to the world, but I survived and now I can help those who are struggling too, so I'm glad for that.
Shoto: Izumi said you were quite the positivist.
Izuku: Every minute you spend being angry is a minute less you spend being happy. A life full of hatred, resentment, wrath, petiness, sadness, can be truly considered a life? That is why I am not afraid of dying, but rather not truly living, hatred has no meaning, a life guided by hatred has no meaning, a life with no meaning is not a life. To live a good life, we all have the potential for it, we only have to learn to be indifferent to what makes no difference, getting stuck in the past will make no difference. There is no denying that the past will always affect us in one way or another, there is no way to erase it, but we are affected by events in different ways, depending the view we take on them, after as someone once told me, sometimes the problem is not the problem itself, but rather the view you take towards said problem.
Shoto: What do you mean?
Izuku: Something I have realized is that, looking at a person is like looking at the sky in the night, you can either see the darkness, or the light of the stars. You asked me how I was able to bring myself to forgive you all, because I decided to see those lights. Shoto, in a way.... I relate to you and your situation... I understand the reasons that eventually led you to bully me because you wanted to feel superior due to all the abuse of Endeavor, doesnt mean I think its right still.... But thanks to that I knew you werent a completely bad person, your actions spoke for you, you always trained in class always looking to be better, better than you... And better than your father, pay attention to him, and give him a chance.... It will be slow, but then you will be able to decide if you are going to forgive him or not....
Shoto: I know I should but.... I still always feel like I just.... I want to tske vengeance against him for everything he did.... Not just to me... But my siblings and my mom too... I know you cant deny you also had those feelings towards us.... How did you get rid of them?
Izuku: Its true.... I did have those feelings.... It wasnt until someone helped to literally smack some sense into me that I realize.... I will tell you exactly what he said to me... If you embrace vengeance, you are simply giving it power over you. It will run through you, turning you into something ugly born out of wrath, hatered and lack of compassion. You can choose to look past the sins of others though, and look upon them with mercy, compassion and forgiveness. If they show that within them, there exists regret and repentance and they understand that what they did was wrong, then they deserve at least, merciful compassion.... That is what he said to me, and I took it to heart... Also you shouldnt just try to seek the good in others though, seek it within yourself.... But... If you really want to take vengeance, then there is one thing I must tell you... The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.