Chapter 38

NightMarionne•
I wake up to find Puppet shaking me violently.
"What?" I ask, voice croaking.
"We're late for school" Puppet says urgently.
I shoot straight up, bumping heads with Puppet. I immediately shoot back down, laughing with Puppet.
"Ok let's get ready now" he says, smiling.

"How are we gonna get to the school?" I ask at breakfast.
"The same way you got here. By car" Marionette says.
"Oh. I thought we were gonna take the subway or bus or walk or something like that" I say.
"We're too far away to walk" Twilight says.
"Right" I nod.

We all pile into the car, Puppet is driving, even though Twilight is perfectly capable of driving himself, but he sits in the back with me.
Puppet turns up the volume, nodding his head.
Apparently Godzilla by Eminem feat. Juice WRLD is playing.
"Hey Night" Twilight says. I look at him and hes smirking at me.
"What?" I ask.
"I dare you to sing the fast part" he says.
"Challenge accepted" I nod.
Pretty soon the fast part comes on and i rap every word perfectly, not even stopping to breathe.
"Wow, you're a good rapper. You know that?" Marionette asks.
"Well, I practice a lot" I say, rubbing the back of my neck.
We pull into the school parking lot, and we all grab our book bags and stumble out.
I look up at the three story school, dazed.
"What. The. Fuck." I say.
Puppet laughs, "Twilight will be your guide. Just be careful" Puppet says, and he and Marionette skip away happily.
"Why did he say be careful?" I ask Twi.
Twilight shrugs, "there are dangerous people here" he mutters.
"Ok".
I look around, I see my siblings at a rock with several others. Someone purple haired is making out with a red colored hair man.
"Hey look! A newcomer!" Someone says.
The man behind the voice pops up in front of me.
"Hey Fredrick" Twilight says.
"Hi. Um, I'm Fredrick" the man says.
"Nightmarionne" I say.
"Hold up, why are you the nightmares height?" Fredrick asks.
I shrug. "What's the nightmares?"
"My group of friends" Fredrick says.
"Oh" I say, trailing off.
"Cmon Night! You need your locker number!" Twilight says impatiently, tugging at my sleeve.
He drags me to the front office, and gets everything for me, leaving to just stand awkwardly at his side.

•Scrap Baby•
I show up to school with a black eye, for disobeying my father. I refused to go to the roller competition and got beaten up pretty bad for that.
"Scrap! What happened to your face?" Molten asks.
I shrug, I dont want him to worry, "I fell downstairs" I lie.
"Ok" Molten said, searching my face for any traces of lies. My face remains neutral, "let's go find Lolbit" I say suddenly, grabbing Moltens wrist.
"Hey guys!" Lolbit says, accidentally shooting light out her hands.
Molten rolls his eyes, and I black out.

•Freddy•
"Are you ok?" Chica asks, rubbing my back.
I nod, my face stained with tears.
"What happened?" Mangle asks.
"Nightmares" I say.
"Oh. Doctor?" Mangle asks.
He nods, "tell me your symptoms."
I look up at him with a blank stare, "I'm scared to sleep. No matter how tired I am I will never sleep" I say, my voice Icy cold.
"What did you dream about?"

•Ennard•
"Hey guys" I say sitting down on the rock.
"Hey. Did you hear about the new guy?" Teal Blue asks.
I shake my head.
"I heard hes Marionette and Puppets brother, and he just moved here" Teal says sighs.
"Arent you dating Maribelle?" I ask.
She turns pale like shes morphing into a ghost.
"Um....I should probably visit her after school" she says, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.
Maribelle, whom is still in the hospital after the "inccident" is a lesbian, but Teal is pan, like Ballora.
"Anyways, did yall hear about the dance this Friday?" I ask.
Everyone nods excitedly.
"I'm gonna be the best dancer!" Flacon says.
"Who the fuck invited you?" I ask, jumping around to face the idiot.
"Me, myself, and i" he says proudly.
I slap him in the face.
"Hey! What was that for?" He wines.
I roll my eyes, "for being the idiot you are, idiot" I say.
"But" i backhand him angrily, "everything you say WILL be used against you" i tease.
"You wouldn't wanna get into a fight with me. I wouldn't wanna ruin your suit" he says making puppy dog eyes at me.
"Take that back before I hurt you" I say, looking at him over my shoulder.
He shakes his head vigorously.
"Fuck you" I say, managing to control myself.
"Cmon, dont you wanna fight? Or are you too afraid?" Flacon says, still teasing.
I shake my head, "I dont wanna make a scene" I say.
"But I want a fight" Flacon says.
"No" I say, trying my best to control myself.
The little bitch is getting on my nerves.
"Cmon" he says, slapping my face.
That's it.
"Why. Dont you know I'm a nightmare...by design?" I ask.
"Pfft you lying bitch" Flacon says.
I feel the energy surge through me to my fingertips and I clench my teeth, trying to breathe.
"Awe, why arent you fighting?" He asks in a baby voice.
I shoot my hand out, electricity surging towards him at high speeds, electrocuting him.
He let's out a blood-curdling scream, and I smile at it.
"Ennard!" Puppet shrieks, grabbing my arm, "you're slowly turning Vincent! Please dont leave us!" Puppet begs, tears forming in his eyes.
"Leave me alone" I snap, taking my arm back and sprinting to the washroom.
I wonder how Vincent is doing? Or Violet? Life is lonely here without them.

•Vincent•
"Where should we go?" Violet asks, worried, "my dad is a cop, if he sees me out of jail this early he would probably kill me" she complains.
"We could try a homeless shelter?" I suggest.
"Oh right" Violet says, realizing we found our old clothes and already changed back into them, because a homeless shelter would never accept people who just busted out of jail. And they wouldn't believe that some fourteen year old tore the whole prison down.
"Wait, does the city even have a homeless shelter?" I ask.
Violet nods, "follow me" she says.
I follow her deeper into the city, we pass by the mall, several apartment complexes, pizza places, restaurants, nail and hair salons, a library, and finally, the homeless shelter.
"Wait, how sanitary is it?" I ask.
"Are you a germaphobe?" Violet teases.
"No. I just dont want some weird bug digging around inside my balls" I growl.
Violet blushes and tries to cover up the fact that shes laughing by putting her hand over her mouth, but I see the glow in her eyes.
After composing herself, she finally speaks, "yes the place is sanitary. I used to work here all the time" Violet says.
"Well that's something I never knew about you till now" I say, furrowing my brows.
Violet pushes open the doors to the shelter and everyone turns to look.
"Oh hi sweetheart" one of the workers greets Violet.
"Hi Janice. How long are we allowed we stay? Something happened..." Violet trails off.
She gives me a serious look saying "we keep this a secret right?" And I nod.
"For as long as you'd like dearies! I won't ask you questions, wouldnt like to make yall uncomfortable" she says in that grandmother ish voice of hers.
"Thank you" Violet says, and I feel I can finally breathe. I inhale, realizing I hadn't been breathing the whole time.
"Oh look! Theres... Scraptrap... isnt he Springys brother?" Violet wonder aloud.