Chapter 44

Freddy•
I wake up screaming. I look around frantically, searching for it. It was about to get me!
When I realize I'm in my room in reality, I sigh, putting my head in my hands.
I replay the nightmare.
The dark, shadowy figure was nowhere to be seen, so I thought it had vanished from dreams.
Suddenly a Bush rustles and I jump around to see the shadow figure. I scream and run in the opposite direction as fast as my legs could carry me. I glanced over my shoulder and it was gone, so I stop, catching my breath.
I look up and there it is, right in front of me.
I jump and fall, scrambling back, "stop" I rasp, still trying to catch my breath.
It smiles, its cheeks lifting. Does everyone's face that?
Suddenly it lunges and I shriek, I open my eyes and it's gone.
I stay leaning against the tree for support, what the hell is it? Who is it? And especially, what does it want?
I have enough air in my lungs so I stand up and suddenly the creature roars, forcing me to take flight.
I glance behind, its sprinting fast, faster than me. I run even faster, but it's still gaining on me quickly.
I run into a tree and fall down, rubbing my head.
I get my vision back and I ignore the stars at the edge of my vision, focusing on the shadow prowling closer and closer still.
It prepares to pounce, when the scenery is gone.
That's where my dream ended.
"Freddy?" I hear Goldie ask, knocking on my door.
Somehow I had fallen asleep while watching YouTube videos on my phone.
"Freddy are you ok?" Goldie asks, and I can hear the concern and worry heavy in his voice.
I rub my head, confused as to why I remembered that dream so vividly.
"Freddy. Can I come in?" Goldie asks firmly.
"Yeah" I call weakly from the other side.
He bursts into my room, concern etched into his eyebrows. "I heard you screaming, are you ok?" He asks.
I nod, "just a nightmare" I smile weakly.
"Do you remember it?" Goldie asks.
I nod.
"Freddy..." he sits on the bed next to me and wraps me in his arms, warming me with his touch (why tf does that sound romantic?).
I sob into his shoulder uncontrollably, my body jerking with every tear shed.
"Sssshhhhh, it's going to be ok" Goldie murmurs, rubbing my back. It only makes me want to cry more.

•Lefty•
I look around the mansion, taking everything in. All the framed pictures are still in the exact same place as the last time I here.
They have added a few new additions to the house. A white bean bag in the living room.
A bigger flat screen TV hoisted up onto the wall. I jew chandelier in the kitchen, it fits in more with the aesthetic to be honest.
I spot a new framed picture on the way upstairs, and I tighten my grip on Puppets hand.
Its Puppet, smiling from ear to ear with someone else.
"Who is that?" I ask pointing to the picture.
"Do you seriously not recognize them?" Puppet asks.
I shake my hand.
"That's Rockstar Freddy!" Puppet says happily.
"Oh?" I ask.
He nods, "that photo was taken 4 years ago today, and I thought since the Rockstars are gonna be one of the bands at prom I figured why not have that out?" He shrugs.
"Oh really? We're gonna have so much fun!" Then the realization hits me. "Wait, what are the other bands?" I ask.
"Well, Freddys crew, Sister Location (yes that's their band name), and The Toys" Puppet says.
"Do The Toys include you?" I ask nervously.
Puppet nods. "And Mari" he glances at his sister.
"Oh" I say.
Puppet smirks, "I know exactly what I'm gonna force you to do tomorrow night".
"Um, ok" I say, averting my eyes to the floor.

Nightmare•
"Bye NFred" I wave to my brother.
"Where are you going?" He asks.
"For a walk, alone." I say sternly.
He shrugs it off and continues eating his ramen.
Today was the day I was going to confess my love to Night. We talked a bit.
Our conversations were mostly about class, but that smile, those eyes.
I know we would never be able to date each other, but I want to confess my love for him. God that sounds cheesy.
I was gonna confess to him at school earlier today but I chickened out. I told my friends that I just got distracted, they dont seem to care.
They dont know that deep down inside, I'm a real sweetheart. It takes something, I dunno what it is, but deep down inside I'm really sweet. When I tell people this they dont believe me. They all think I'm the Nightmare I am on the outside, hence the nickname, Nightmare. Heck, I even started calling myself Nightmare, that I forgot my real name. It can happen.
I look up, finding myself in front of the String mansion.
I take a deep breath and walk up the front walk, stopping just before their door.
I was about to draw my hand into a fist to knock, when I see the doorbell.
I stick out my index finger and push it.
Suddenly anxiety overwhelms my sense and i cant see anything, so i try to take deep, calming breaths.
Suddenly the door opens, and i see Twilight.
I wince away, scared.
"Who is it?" I hear Puppet call from further deep into the mansion.
"Its Nightmare" Twilight calls back, keeping his eye on me.
I hear two footsteps running down the stairs, and suddenly Puppet pops up behind Twilight.
"You go do your homework I finished mine, so I'll take this from here" Puppet tells Twilight softly.
He nods and disappears into the house.
Suddenly Lefty comes into view.
"Hey isnt that your boyfriend?" I ask.
"How did you know?" Puppet asks, taken aback.
"I guess I just, pay attention to things, unlike the others" I shrug.
"Oh." And before he could say anything else I hear a girls voice in the house.
"Puppet! Where are you?" I assume its Marionette.
"At the door" Puppet calls back. Then turns back to me, "come in. Lefty will accompany you. Dont distract Twilight from his homework" Puppet says.
I nod and follow Lefty into the living room, gaping at everything.
"Sit" Lefty says, gesturing to the couch.
I obey, and Lefty plops down on the couch right beside me, flinging his leg over the armrest.
Some rap music is playing in the background somewhere.
"So... arent you detective in North Carolina?" I ask Lefty.
He shrugs, "yeah I guess that's where headquarters is. We do a lot of traveling..." Lefty says.
"Oh, so why are you here?" I ask.
"Well I'm on vacation. I came here so I could go to prom with Puppet" Lefty grins. "Why are you here?" Lefty questions.
"Night" I say,
"Oh." Lefty says.
"I came to see Night" I explain in more detail.
"Ok. I would take you to him but apparently I'm not allowed" Lefty laughs. "Screw that! I cant even navigate the damn house" he says, throwing his hands up.
I laugh, and cover up my mouth.
Lefty gives me a weird look.
"Laughing ruins our reputation, NFred says" I inform. Then after a minute of silence, "unless we're beating someone up".
Lefty shrugs it off.
I roll my eyes, and here I thought he was different from the rest.
"Do you have a date to prom?" Lefty asks.
I freeze, feeling blood rush to my face. Should I admit it? Fuck it, what do I have to loose?
"That's actually why I'm here-"
"Are you asking for who's the hottest?" Lefty interrupts.
I shake my head, "I'm confessing my love to Night" I admit.
"Oh la la" Lefty smirks, "good luck. His memory has been erased" Lefty says.
"Wait what?" I ask.
"Night used to be the abusive older cousin" Lefty says.
I go silent.
"Ight sorry about that" Puppet says, making me jump, also making Lefty, Puppet, and Twilight laugh.
"You get used to it" Lefty winks.
I blink.
"So what did you need Nightmare?" Puppet asks.
"He said he was here to see Night, to confess his love to him" Lefty informs Puppet.
"Nice. I dunno if hes gay. Last I checked he was straight as spaghetti" Puppet smirks.
"I'm sure I can make him gay" I say.
"And why's that?" Puppet asks.
"Because spaghetti is straight...until it gets wet" I smirk.
"You're not as innocent as I thought" Puppet lies.
"Liar" I gasp, "certainly people who beat up other people because they feel bad for themselves isnt innocent" I gasp and cover my mouth.
"Well follow me then" Puppet says after a shared moment of silence.
I nod, getting up.
We run up the stairs, to find ourselves facing a long hallway.
"Maybe we could spark up conversation" Puppet says apologetically.

Nightmarionne•
"Go away you little shit" I yell at Puppet.
He winces, "but mommy-"
"I DONT CARE WHAT YOUR DAMN MOM SAYS, BITCH" I scream, kicking Puppet.
"Puppet!" His younger sister Marionette cries.
I slap her into silence, which took about five slaps before turning back to the ten year old.
I punch and kick and slap the glow out of his stupid eyes.
"STOPPIT!" I scream, gasping for air before I'm sucked in again.
The next day I'm called to breakfast.
I sit down grumpily at the damn table. Marionette has a purple cheek and Puppet, a black eyes.
"Oh how did you get those dearies?" Ms. String asks her children.
I give them a both a warning glare, and they gulp.
"I was playing with my friends when one of them accidentally wacked my eye" Puppet mumbles.
"I face planted into the ground" Marionette mutters, shoving breakfast sausage into her mouth.
"GET!" I scream again, falling off my bed. I crawl desperately toward the mirror, and I see my wide eyes.
"Get out of my room you ashole!" I yell, spitting on Marionettes face.
"ENOUGH" I swallow, standing up.
"FUCK OFF!" I scream at Puppet, kicking him in the balls. He collapses onto the floor in pain, rolling around with agony fixed as his expression.
It gives me joy.
I let out a blood-curdling scream, staggering into the mirror. It shatters and a shard of glass inserts itself in my cheek, but I dont even feel the pain.
I punch Puppet again and again, his screams entering my ears and filling up my brain, allowing me joy from my tense world.
I jerk back to the present, and wait for a second, making sure I stay here.
I stay.
I lay there on the floor, shaking. My cheek is starting to hurt now.
Suddenly the door of my room bursts open.
"Night!" Puppet shrieks.
He immediately rushes over to me.
"What happened? Are you ok? You have a glass shard in your cheek!" Puppet worries.
He calms down and pulls the shard out of my cheek, I wince in pain.
He takes a deep breath, places his palm to my wound, and I feel the skin meld back together.
"What happened?" Puppet asks, helping me sit up.
"The past. The past happened. I'm so sorry" I say, tearing up.
"Its ok. It wasn't your fault that you got bullied at school. It wasn't your fault you got anxiety. It wasn't your fault you got Bipolar. Its genetic." Puppet reassures.
"I would never hurt you ever again!" I sob.
He hugs me, letting me cry into his shoulder for what feels like hours.
I pull back, sniffing.
"I'm sorry, how long was that?" I ask.
"Ten minutes".
I finally notice the figure Nightmare leaning against the doorframe.
"Nightmare" I say, standing up. Puppet awkwardly moves to sit on bed.
"Yeah?" Hes asks, raising an eyebrow.
"Can I tell you something?" I ask.
"Can I also tell you something?" He asks.
"Let's say it at the same time" I say, ignoring Puppets light blush and face palm.
We both step closer until we're inches apart.
And our lips collide. We both, moved our faces closer at the same time. We kissed and kissed and kissed. We kissed for what felt like hours. Hours upon hours upon hours.

Sorry that chapter was so long. I couldnt edit my book on Wattpad offline so I figured huh, least I can do is OneNote. So I saved this to my clipboard to post tmro.
Also is anyone else (taken) missing their bae? Ik I definitely am.