Chapter 3: notification

I had just gotten off work and was driving home getting ready to call Parker when I got a phone call from my friend Aspen who was 3 hours away for college and who was calling to see if I saw Austin's post because she knew how much I love him. " I just wanted to see if you saw what Post Malone put on instagram?" I told her I did and that Parker and I were going to discuss if we wanted to go when I got home. " Omg if you guys go please let me know I would love to go too because a lot of my favorite artist are gonna be there and I would love to see them" so I told her that I would make a group with her and Parker when we made up our mind. But as I was talking to her I heard my phone ding and saw it was an Instagram notification. Without thinking anything of it I just assumed that it was from Parker sending me a meme or something so I finished my convo with Aspen and decided I'll look at what Parker sent when I got home. When I got off the phone with Aspen, I called Parker to tell him when I got home I was going to eat something real fast then showering and call him to make the plans. "Okay that sounds great I'll just study while I wait for you" before Parker hung up I had remembered what he had sent me something on Instagram so I asked him what it was. " I didn't send you anything I just got up from a nap" I thought that was weird because Parker is the only person who "slides" in my DM's on there so I decided when I pull into my driveway I'd check Instagram before going in. When I got to my drive way I put my car in park and dug out my keys from my purse before grabbing my phone. I grabbed my phone and unlocked it and saw a text from my friend Sebastian and Adam who were freaking out about Posty Fest asking me if I had any plans to attend I quickly replied with " as of now I do I'm making official plans with Parker in a few, I'll add you to my group with him and Aspen with full details" and pressed send and got a "please do" from Sebastian and a " yes please I would love to see Dominic Fike and Saint JHN in person" from Adam. I just laughed and went inside my house and grabbed a plate of what my mom had cooked for dinner and heated it up. While it was heating I remembered my Instagram notification from earlier so I went to insta while my food heated up and looked at what it was. What I saw on my phone made me start shaking. 

postmalone: Hi I know this is very random, but I happen to see that you liked my post about Posty Fest and I thought your username was badass so I clicked your profile and I immediately thought you were very adorable. I was just looking to see if you were interested in coming to Posty Fest this year because if so I'd love to give you tickets for you and your friends to come out and see it and chill backstage with me and my crew and meet some of the artist who will be there.

Now I will admit when I saw this I thought it was for sure a troll so I clicked on the message and sure enough I saw the blue check mark by his name. I jumped when the microwave beeped because my food was done. I didn't even care to eat anymore because I had butterflies. Not only because the Post Malone slid into my DM's but because he said he thought I was adorable. Me! I took a screenshot, made the group with Aspen, Parker, Adam, and Sebastian and sent that to them and waited.