Chapter 8: The phone call

Today was the day! Today I drive to Dallas with my friends and I'm so excited because this road trip was gonna be amazing but thats not the only reason I'm excited to go to Dallas. I get to meet Austin tonight and I'm a nervous wreck! I may have fallen asleep at 10 last night but I only slept for 4 hours because I was experiencing too many emotions to sleep. So I texted the group at 1 this morning and told them about my date tonight. 

Me: so I have to confess why I wanted leave for Dallas so early...

Aspen: yeah why did you?

Parker: oh I know why ;)

Adam: I just finished packing and shockingly got everything in one bag. 

Parker: Jesus Adam we are only gonna be gone 2 days

Adam: I know but I needed options for Posty Fest.

Aspen: guys hello Rose wants to tell us why we are leaving so early. Rose please tell

Me: Well I'm meeting Austin at Olive Garden at 7..

Aspen: OMG REALLY???

Adam: nice

Me: yeah I'll show you the message tomorrow when I pick you all up. speaking of its like 2AM why are you 3 still up?? We have to get up early. Take from Sebastian. I'm assuming he's knocked out rn! 

It was now 8 so I finished packing the stuff I needed to use this morning. I was thinking about taking a shower but decided I didn't want to show up on my date smelling like I've been traveling so I decided to taker one at the hotel. I threw my hair in a messy bun, changed clothes, texted Austin good morning, then the group and told them the order I was picking them all up, and headed out to pick Adam up first. I threw my stuff in my trunk and got in my car plugging it into the aux and put my " Post Malone only" playlist on Spotify on shuffle and headed to Adam. I was jamming to enemies when I got a phone call without looking I answered it assuming it was one of my friends calling to see where I was, but when I said hello there was an unfamiliar voice but I knew immediately who it was. "Hi" the raspy voice said and I was frozen.