Chapter 38: The letter(s)

I had opened the note and quickly glanced through it trying not to cry at it the message written on it. It was from Rich, Jodie, and Nicole. The first part of it was from Rich.
"Dear Rose,
I'm so glad I got to meet you. You're all my son talks about when I talk with him. I am very happy to see how happy my son is. He was stripped of that from his last realationship. God he would probably kill me if he knew I told you that but I don't care. So thank you for making my son happy again. I can't wait to see you again and please don't be shy contact me whenever you can. Love, Rich"
Reading that made me want to cry. It took so much in my not to do it but if the other two letters were anything like that one I was gonna lose it. Next was Jodie.
"Hey Rose. First I want to say thank you so much for helping me and Nicole cook Thanksgiving. It would've been a mess without that extra help so thank you. Next I want to say how excited I am to watch your relationship with Austin bloom. I've seen him go through the ringer with some of his relationships and I knew they wouldn't last but you two, I know deep down you weren't meant for him and that God placed you in his life for a reason. You are very sweet and kind and not to mention beautiful! I hope I get to see you again soon because I enjoy your company! Love always, Jodie"
That's it I started to cry. Not because I was upset about the letters but because of how nice, accepting, and loving his parents were of me. I was so scared they would hate me but that was far from it. I knew I was meant to be where I was. The final note was from his mom. I could only imagine what it said based off what the other two said so I quickly grabbed it and opened it.
"Dear Rose, I hope this letter will stick with you. First I want to say how lucky Austin is he has you. Many of the people in his past only wanted him for money but I can see along with Rich and Jodie that you don't care about that. You like, dare I even say love, Austin for who he is and not what he has. I can see the sparkle in your eyes anytime he looks at you or anytime you talk about him so I know you really like him. I also want to thank you for helping Jodie and I the other day. It meant so much to us to know Austin found a girl who cares not only about him but us. I also want to thank you for bringing the joy back into my son's life. It was lost a long time ago. I'm sure you already know why based off his songs. I have never seen him be so excited over someone like he is over you. It brings me peace to know my son has found true happiness. I know he can be tough to deal with but please be there for him. Please don't be a stranger, keep in contact with me for anything and everything especially when times get challenging between you two. I want to see you two make it. Love always, Nicole. Ps if you ever need someone to talk some sense into him, please call me or Rich."
I put the letters down on the counter and bawled my eyes out. I spent a good 15 minutes crying before I heard Austin banging on the door yelling me name. "Rose are you okay?! You've been in there for almost 45 minutes!" I dried my tears and walked over to the door and unlocked it letting him in. He must have know I was crying from how red my eyes were. "Hey hey" he said grabbing me and pulling me into his arms. "Oh my god Rose are you okay! What happened" "the letters your parents left me" "oh god did they say something bad to you because I swear I won't hesitate to call and yell at them" "no no it's nothing bad. They were all good" he looked at me confused "then why are you crying?" "Because of how much love they have for you and how much they grew to like me over just one day" "what did they say in it" "they thanked me for brining your happiness back to you" "well isn't that something. They aren't wrong about that you know" "about what?" "You bringing my happiness back, Rose I know we haven't known or been together that long but there's just something about you. I've never been this happy with a person before and I don't know why. You make me laugh, I'm constantly thinking about you, and I always ask myself "how did I get lucky with her". You mean so much to me and I've only known you a little over 3 months. It's crazy to me" " Austin is anyone is lucky here it's me. I mean you chose me over any girl in the world, me. A girl from a small town with nothing to her name. You also brought something back I thought I would never have again." "Rose you could literally be homeless and I would pick you over anyone. Over and over again at that rate. I can't even imagine myself not being with you. Also what did I give you that you thought you wouldn't get back?" "Joy, happiness, and most importantly love." "Love huh. So it's not just me who feels that way then is it" "feels what way..." "Rose don't pretend you don't know. I know you feel the same way. I know it's scary and only been a short time but Rose, I think I'm in love with you..."