Chapter 18: After my date

As Austin and I stood there while he was hugging me after I had just told him about my break up with Dakota I got a text from Aspen

Aspen: Soooooo how's the date going?

Me: it's going really good we went to get gelato after we ate. idk what we are doing next but if we don't do anything I'll be back at the hotel soon.

Aspen: we wanna go to a bar. Invite him with you and meet us there so we can meet him officially. 

Me: so you 3 can embarrass me?? no thanks!

Aspen: fine but either way we are going to the bar so let us know what you're doing 

Me: yes mom!

I just laughed as I locked my phone and placed it back in my purse. Austin asked what I was laughing at and I told him "Aspen wants me to go with them to a bar and they told me to invite you but I'm not really the bar kinda girl and plus we have to get up early for this festival we are going to thats all about you apparently. Such a weird think" Austin laughed and said " I would love to go to the bar with you and your friends but you are right about getting up early tomorrow, I have to be up at 6 and if I go out I won't be up in time and I hate to have to tell my fans you are the reason I'm late to my own festival" he laughed and winked at me. I did not want this night to ever end but I knew it was going to happen either way. "I hate to be a buzz kill because I am enjoying all this alone time with you but we really need to get back to your car." He said with hesitation. "It's okay I mean its not like we are spending ALL day together tomorrow or anything" We both laughed and threw away our trash and got back into his rental car. "So what should we listen to now?" "Hmm what about Saint- Tropez since you love it there so much." I said and he smiled and nodded " I do love it there, maybe one day I can take you there" Austin said to me. "I think that would be fun" "Consider it a date then" he winked at me as we pulled back into the Olive Garden parking lot. He put the car in park and neither one of us wanted me to get out of the car. We sat there in silence for a good 40 seconds before he finally said "would it make you feel better if I follow you to your hotel to make sure you make it there safe?" "Will you? My friends aren't there and while the hotel is nice it's not really in the safest place in town and I would feel better having someone walk me in there!" "Lead the way" Austin smiled as I got out. "See you there." I smiled as I shut the door. The whole drive over I just kept thinking about how I wish he would kiss me before we said out final goodbyes of the night which made me want to listen to Goodbyes by him and so I did. The drive was about 30 minutes but when we got to the hotel Austin parked by me and got out the same time I did, it was kind of a cool night so I was starting to shake when Austin put his arm around me to help warm me up. "Feel better?" he questioned and I smiled and said " now I do" I smiled back at him as we walked into the lobby of the hotel towards the elevators. When we reached the 4th floor we stepped off the elevators and my room was right there. I pulled out my phone because the hotel was fancy enough to have digital keys for your phone. "Holy shit did that just unlock from your phone??" Austin looked at me confused and I laughed and said yes. We walked in the room that Aspen, Parker, Adam and Sebastian left a mess and I looked at Austin and said " good lord you haven't even met my friends yet and you probably think they are pigs" as I put the palm of my hand on my forehead. "Rose this is clean compared to my hotel rooms half the time" he told me looking around the room with an impressed look on his face. " So I'm sure you have more important things to do than hang out in a hotel room with a girl you just went on a date with so if you have to go I understand" I told him as I sat down on the bed. He came and sat next to me with a smirk on his face and said " trust me nothing could be more important than me being here with you" he said as he put a piece of my hair behind my ear causing me to blush and get butterflies. "But if you want me to go I will" he started to say as I looked at him and lightly punched his arm "don't be silly I want you to stay as long as you can" He smiled and said fine. That made my heart happy knowing he didn't want to leave me. "do you have time to watch Netflix then? These TV's have Netflix on them so I figured we could watch it if you want?" I told him. "That sounds like a plan, what do you have in mind?" I smiled " The Office obviously since you love it so much" I giggled. "Sounds good to me!" I gave him the remote to set it up while I went to the bathroom and changed into my sleeping clothes "you can lay in the bed if you want I'm gonna go get ready for bed if you don't mind." "Go for it" he said as he took his shoes off getting comfy in the bed. I came out of the bathroom and got in the same bed as him as I pulled the covers off to get under them. Austin pressed play and said "I hope you don't mind I skipped to season 4 so I can see Pam and Jim together finally and plus the first 3 seasons are uncomfortable" "Oh my gosh I skip to season 4 every time I rewatch it" I laughed. We sat there about 30 minutes before I felt myself drift off to sleep. Soon I was woken up by my drunk friends stumbling back into the room. I lifted the hand that was wrapped around my waist and looked up to see a tattooed man sound asleep. I looked at my phone that read 3:30AM. Holy shit me and Austin fell asleep watching The office.