Chapter 51: New York

It had been about a week since Christmas and Austin and I were leaving tomorrow for New York for his New Years Eve performance but most importantly, I knew this meant I would be an engaged woman by the end of the trip. We spent the weekend between Christmas and New Years just hanging out with Rich and Jodie and a few other people in Austin's family and we had so much fun. I couldn't believe they were about to become my family too. Rich and Jodie took us to lunch the day before we left for New York. "So Rose are you excited to see New York?" "Oh yeah! I love  big cities so I know I'm gonna fit right in" I told Rich. "It's one of my favorite cities" Jodie said. "So who all is meeting y'all in New York?" Rich asked Austin. "Dre and Adam everyone else is off to enjoy time with their family before tour" he said eating his pasta. While we had a month before tour official started in February, Austin said that month will fly by so he lets his team spend as much time at home as they can and I admire him for that. After lunch Austin and I decided to go shopping for some warmer clothes since it was going to be cold in New York while we are there. We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping and decided to get some dinner before we went back to his parents because we had to leave early in the morning. "Well Rose this is it" "What's it?" I asked as we sat down at the table of the small restaurant we decided to have dinner at. "Tonights the last night you're life won't be hectic because after New York we are heading on our little get away for 2 weeks and after that we go back to Utah for a few weeks and then its off on tour. Are you prepared?" "Austin if I wasn't I wouldn't be with you right now. And beside life got hectic when I started doing personal errands for you a few weeks ago" I said laughing. "I love you" "I love you too Austin" We finished eating and headed back to his parents and I was so glad because all I wanted to do was lay in bed and do absolutely nothing since I knew it would be a long day tomorrow. When we arrived at the house I said my goodbyes to Rich and Jodie and headed to bed. I was woken up by Austin kissing me good morning and telling me if we leave soon we could stop for coffee before we boarded the plane and I was just fine with that. I got up quickly and dressed and we headed to get coffee. Before I knew it we were boarding one of Austin's private jets and taking off to New York. Soon I saw the beautiful New York City skyline and I fell in love. I looked over at Austin who was looking at me with a huge smile on his face. "What?" I said grabbing his hand in mine. "I just love seeing you happy" As soon as he said that, I felt the plane land kinda rough and I thought I was gonna have a heart attack and Austin laughed. We got off the plane and went straight to a car that took us to a hotel. We got checked in and went to our room but it wasn't long before Austin had to leave for a soundcheck. He asked me if I wanted to come but really I just wanted to explore New York. "You coming with me?" "I don't think so, I wanna see New York and I know you won't have the time to so I'll make it on my own" "Okay but I am sending a guard with you and I am not taking no as an answer" "Good I wasn't going to say no" New York is big and I did not feel comfortable enough to explore it on my own. "Hey when I get done wanna meet me in Central Park?" Austin asked me. "Yeah that sounds great, I wanted to see it with you anyway." "Sweet I'll text you a time to be there. Now I gotta get going, love you" he said kissing me. "Love you too." I waited about 30 minutes until I heard a knock on the door knowing it was one of Austin's bodyguards and sure enough it was. "Hi miss Rose I'm Pat. I'm one of Austin's guards, he told me to make sure I keep you safe in the city." "Nice to meet you Pat" "Have anywhere in mind you wanna go first?" "Hmm Times Square?" "My favorite, let's go." We headed downstairs to the car Austin also had hired to drive me around NYC all day. We went to Times Square and it was amazing. We spent the day shopping until I got a phone call from Austin. "Hey sweet girl" "Hi" "So I just finished with my set and I'm gonna run to the hotel and shower real quick and then I wanna meet you for dinner and then we can go to Central Park" "Yay okay" "I'll try to hurry. I'm gonna text Pat and give him details to keep you distracted to help time go by. I'll see you at the restaurant. Love you" "Love you too" I said and hung up and walked over to Pat. "Seems like you're in charge now" I said to him and he laughed leading me to the car and we headed to the a book store. Austin knew I could spend hours in one of those and I did that. Pat had to drag me out of there and to the restaurant and we saw Austin and Pat let us be. Austin and I ate dinner and quickly went to Central Park and started walking around hand in hand until we came to the Bethesda Fountain. We stopped and sat in front of the fountain and talked a little and then we got quiet and it happened. Austin got down on one knee and said "Rose I know this is crazy and we haven't known each other that long but everyone I talk to says the same thing. They can see how much we love each other and honestly I knew it from the moment I saw you that I had to make you mine. So Rose, will you marry me?" He asked pulling the box out of his pocket and showing the ring. "Holy shit Austin yes I will!"