Chapter 32: News

I woke up at 10 the next morning. I haven't slept in that late in ages and it felt nice. I sat up in the bed and looked over to see Austin has already gotten up. I decided to take a quick shower before going downstairs to see what he was up to. While I was in the shower I got a few text. One from my mom and a few from my Post fest crew group. 

Aspen: So Rose how's your trip with your new boo going?

Sebastian: yesss we want details

Parker: you better be getting some 

Me: lol it's going good, he grilled steaks for us last night, we watched a movie, we went to Target and we went to a record store and he got a new guitar and just went to bed. nothing too exciting but I'm hoping he has something planned today.

Parker: GOOD I'm excited for you.

Adam: How do you like Utah? I wanna go one day.

Me: Oh I love it! The views here are amazing and I know you'll love it. Maybe one day Austin and I will have you guys over ;)

Adam: I'll keep you to that.

Mom: hey Rose just checking to see what you're up to. Hope Utah is treating you well, we miss you

Me: hey mom, just woke up and took a shower so I'm not up to much and yeah it is! I miss you too!!

Mom: Good I'm glad you're having fun! Make sure you send some pics to us.

I locked my phone and decided ti blow dry my hair and braid it before going downstairs so I did. I finished my hair and got dressed for the day and headed down the stairs to see Austin standing in the kitchen cooking breakfast for us and it was so cute. I stood there leaning against the wall while I watched him cook and sing Santeria by Sublime and I couldn't help but laugh at how cute he was he was. I guess he heard me laughing because he turned around looking at me covered in flour from the pancakes. "Good morning beautiful. I hope you're hungry" "Oh I am starving!" I said walking over to him to give him a kiss and I grabbed a cup of coffee while he finished cooking. "So any big plans today?" I asked him " Well I have to go to the grocery store to but food for Thursday." I completely forgot it was Thanksgiving week and I was curious why he was getting food for us if its just the two of us because we could just order Postmates. "Oooo what are you shopping for" I asked him "well I need a turkey obviously but I also need to get corn, stuff to make dressing, mashed potatoes, stuff to make a sweet potato pie, some more wine, plates, and stuff for green bean casserole." That's a lot of stuff for just the two of us. "Austin as good as all of that sounds, you don't have to cook all that for me! I'd be fine with chicken nuggets from McDonalds if that means I get to spend the day with you." "Uh did I not tell you?" "Tell me what?" "Well my dad, step mom, mom, and a few guys from my crew are coming over." I just sat there in shock with a piece of bacon in my hand. "Oh my god you did not tell me all these people were coming!" "Oh my god I thought I did." He said putting down his plate and coming to me and hugging me because he could see I was upset. I wasn't upset he didn't tell me about this or all the people coming I was more nervous. A million things were going through my head. What if his parents don't like me and want him to leave me but most importantly, what if his crew doesn't like me, I mean I only have to travel with them when tour starts so I'll be with them 24/7. "Oh my gosh I am so sorry to spring this on you. I'll cancel if you want I want you to be comfortable." "Austin don't be silly. I'm not upset I'm just nervous none of them will like me considering I'll be with you and your crew 24/7 when tour starts and if your parents don't like me then what will I do!!" I said feeling the tears coming on. I don't like people not liking me for no reason. It upsets me more than anything"Babygirl listen to me, they are all gonna like you, wanna know why? Because I like you." he told me hugging me and rubbing my back to calm me down. Wait he called me babygirl? My heart just sank. He was actually helping all while making me fall hard for him. "who cares if they don't like you anyway, all that matters that I like you." "I know Austin but they are your friends and family and I'm just the girl you are dating. They are more important in your life than I am." "We both know that is not true. All of you are important to me. I promise you I don't see them all hating you. You're sweet, down to earth, not to mention beautiful, but most importantly you're my girl." He said kissing me and making my anxiety go away. "Now let's hurry up and eat, we have a lot of food to go buy and plus I wanna take you shopping to make you feel better." "Austin I can't take stuff from you like that people are gonna think I'm only with you for the money." "So screw them. All that matters is I know you aren't and I'm not taking no as an answer. I'm buying you whatever you want." He went back to his plate to finish eating as I finished eating. This man is too good to be true for me. I just hope he's right about his friends and family liking me because first impressions are everything.