Chapter 28: Work

Sebastian was still driving when we finally made it back to my home town so we dropped off Adam first and I took over the wheel and drove everybody else home and taking Parker home last since he lives close to me. "So how are you gonna tell your family about your new job?" "God please don't remind me I still have to do that" I pleaded to him making him laugh. "I think they are going to be supportive of it but I don't think they are gonna be too fond of you dating Austin." I knew he was right. We live in the south so my family isn't the most open when it comes to the type of people I date and even though Austin is the sweetest guy ever, I already know the kind of comments I'm gonna get from them when they see what he looks like. We pulled into Parkers drive way causing more dread to take over my body. I might as well just get it out of the way and tell them when I get home, the worst they could do is kick me out and even if they did, I knew I could call my friends or even Austin and they would come let me stay with them. I said my goodbyes to Parker and drove the short 10 minute drive. Pulling into my drive way I saw my parents sitting on out porch on the new cushions my mom had gotten for our poolside chairs even though we did not have a pull. I got out of the car and swallowed the lump in my throat. "Hey Rose! How was your concert?" I heard my dad say as I was pulling my weekend bags out of my trunk. Even though my dad was not my biological dad, I still saw him as my dad since I had an estrange relationship with my real one who I had not spoken since 2014 and it was 2019. "It was amazing!" I told him. "Well I'm glad you had fun" my mom said as I sat down in the 3rd chair. "Oh yeah it was a blast. I twas a much needed weekend getaway with my friends and I'm kinda sad it's over." I was putting off telling them even though I knew it needed to be done. Finally the words "I need to tell you guys something." I explained to them the whole situation and even told them about me and Austin. "Well this sounds likes an amazing opportunity and while we are gonna miss you like crazy, we can't stop you from living your life. You're 23 and it's time you go out and experience the real world and I'd rather you be doing it while still be able to work." I was so taken back at how supportive they were being. "So show me this Austin guy" my mom told me. "Just want to warn you both, he's covered in tattoos. I showed them a picture of Austin and some of his songs and while they weren't fans of his music they were happy I found someone who made me happy especially after the whole Dakota thing. "So when are you leaving?" my dad asked. "I leave for tour in February but I'm being flown out to Utah the week of Thanksgiving to spend time with Austin and then I'll come home and go from there." "I am really happy for you" my dad said causing my to tear up as he pulled me into a hug. After about an hour of talking with my parents about life I told them I was really tired and wanted to go to bed early because I have work tomorrow. Oh crap I still have to tell my work I'm putting in my two weeks and I knew this was gonna be on my mind all night so I texted Austin.

Me: Hi just wanted to tell u I made it home finally and I'm in bed now. I told my parents about me and you and me working for you and they were so supportive of it.

Austin aka Posted Malone: so you're officially coming on tour with me? 

Me: yes sir

Austin aka Posted Malone: good I have a whole list of stuff I need you to do when you come for Thanksgiving and it all involves doing me. 

Me: oh does it now ;)

Austin aka Posted Malone: oh yes you think you're doing anything else while you're here? you are sadly mistaken 

Me: you're crazy. I'm going to bed can we Facetime tomorrow? 

Austin aka Posted Malone: yes ma'am, goodnight   

I can't believe everything so far was working out for me. It was almost too good to be true and made me worry that putting my 2 weeks in at work was going to go bad but I didn't think about it long before I fell asleep. I was woken up at 7AM by my alarm to get ready to work. I was dreading it. I got dressed and headed there because Monday was the day I worked the morning but the rest of the week I worked the afternoon. I walked in the door and was greeted by my boss asking me how the concert was and I told her and then asked her if we could talk in private she got a look of concern on her face. The talk was easier than I thought it would be, she basically told me she understands the pay was more and I needed to do what I could to make it through life and she was so supportive. Telling my other coworkers was gonna be harder because I was closer to them than I was her especially 2 of them. I came out of her office with them looking at me and I knew they could tell something was up so told them I put my 2 weeks in today and they were upset but they understood why I was doing it. Wow all of this was easier than I thought it would be.