Chapter 17: My past from Austin's POV

Rose and I were on our way to get some gelato because we basically got kicked out of OG because they were closing soon and I did not want this night to end so soon so I asked her to get gelato with me. Thankfully she said yes so I offered to drive her since she was not use to the Dallas traffic and she also said yes to that which made me so happy. When we got in my rental car I asked her if she wanted to listen to her favorite son aka one of my favorite songs I've written which is Better Now.  We sang along to the lyrics and I was impressed she knew every word to that song and did not miss a lyric. Most people mess up at some point. She told me that was the song she listened to on repeat after her last relationship which only made me want to know bout that relationship but instead I just said "oh dang you must have gotten pretty hurt to know all the words to all my songs". She just smiled and said yeah and told me a little about that bad time in her life. She thanked me for my music because it saved her and I just told her she was welcome and that people like her were the reason I do what I do and love every second of it. About that time I pulled into the parking lot and asked her if she was ready to got in and she smiled that smile I loved and said "yeah I just don't know what flavor to get they have so many to pick." We got out the car and headed in and I ended up with cookie dough and she got salted caramel telling me that was her favorite. We agreed to eat it outside for me privacy but I couldn't focus on anything else besides the fact that someone hurt her in the past and I needed to know more. I sat eating some of my gelato but I couldn't wait anymore so I juts bluntly asked her if she was okay telling me about her break up. She told me she was okay talking about it and she did just that. About 15 minutes had gone by when she was done telling me about it. I was pissed. How could any guy do that to such a beautiful person because I could never. I just stared at her wanting to hug her especially because she had a few tears falling from her face. Finally I just asked if I could hug her and she said please so I got up and walked over to her and gave her the biggest hug never wanting to let go of her because she fit so perfect in my arms. I felt myself falling hard for this girl I've known for 2 months and I knew I had to make her mine somehow.