Chapter 58: Big change

As much fun as our honeymoon was, the trip home was miserable. I was sick the whole time and I just wanted to get back home and lay in my bed and sleep. Austin and I figured I had gotten food poisoning and that I would be fine when we got home. That was not the case. It had been a week since we had come home and I was still sick but it was only in the morning and a little in the evening. We figured I had caught a stomach bug and it would go away soon and thankfully it did because my friends were coming to in tomorrow and I needed some much needed time with my friends. Oh and not to mention, Aspen would finally tell me who she has been talking to! I picked my friends up at 2PM the next day in my, as they like to call it, rich person car aka my Tesla. "God I'm so glad you guys are here! I have been so sick the past week it kinda made me depressed so I am glad you came." "Dang I'm sorry Rose. What was wrong?" Sebastian asked from the back seat. "Oh it was nothing I think I caught a stomach bug in the Cayman Islands" "What about Austin did he get sick?" Parker asked. "No the little shit was lucky and didn't catch it" "Interesting" was all Parker said like he knew something. The next week was amazing! Aspen finally told me that she was talking to an NHL player for the Boston Bruins and he was coming to Utah to see her because he has a home down here. I was excited for her because this was the first guy she has ever really talked to and she seemed to like him a lot. The rest of my friends had a ball the time they were there. Me on the other hand? Well I had fun don't get me wrong but I stayed sick every morning. I figured my body was getting whatever was left in my body from the stomach bug out of there. After my friends left, I started to get sicker almost to the point to where I fought Austin that I was not going to a doctor over a stomach bug but then one day, I passed out and scared Austin to death that he called me an ambulance and forced me to go to the hospital. " Hi Mrs. Post, I'm Dr. Blake. Your husband here told me you've been feeling sick the past few weeks and that today you passed out?" "Yes" "He also told me you just came back from the Cayman Islands and you think you caught a stomach bug from there?" "Yes" "Okay well I wanna run a few test but first can I ask you a question?" "Yeah sure" "When did you last have your period?" Oh shit I haven't had one since March. "Uh March I believe." "Perfect, so I'm gonna order a pregnancy test to see if that rules out my suspicion and then we can go from there" Suspicion? Oh my god could I be pregnant!! I started to freak out. I thought back to my last period and the last time Austin and I had sex before then but before I could get lost in my thoughts a the nurse came in with the test and I had to take it. About 5 minutes went by before the doctor came back in. "Great news Mrs. Post, I figured out the cause of your sickness and passing out. You have a baby in your stomach! Congratulations!" I just looked at him for a second and then at Austin who looked like he was gonna pass out. "I'm gonna send in a nurse to come so an ultrasound real quick just to confirm and if so, I'll write you a prescription that sound help ease up the vomiting and then refer you to one of my good OBGYN friends who can tell you a little more about your baby" "Sounds good thank you so much doctor" Austin said standing up and coming over to me. "No problem. Do you guys have any questions for me?" "Yes I do actually, we just came back from our honey moon and I was drinking. Is that gonna harm the baby?" "No the baby should be fine. From the looks of it I'd say you might be 12 weeks and the baby hasn't really developed yet. Anything else?" "No I think we are good." "Great, I'll send the nurse in and while she does that I'll go get you ready to go home." The doctor said walking out of the room leaving Austin and I alone for the first time since we got here. "Holy shit Rose, we are gonna be parents!" "You aren't worried?" I asked him. "Worried? Why would I be? This is what married people do Rose, they start families." " I know but this is going to change our life. What about your career?" Rose I am not worried about that right now. Right now my life is you and this little peanut we made" he said grabbing my stomach and kissing me. The nurse walked in and told me what she was going to be doing. "Now this is probably going to be cold" she said putting the gel on my stomach and sending goosebumps down my body. She made little circle motions around my stomach trying to find the baby. Then finally she did. She turned the sound on so we could listen to the heartbeat. "Alright Miss Rose here you go" she said before we sat in silence just listening to this fast beat coming from my stomach. "Wow so there really is a baby in there?" Austin asked. "Yes sir there is and judging from the size I'd say you are about 2 months along meaning you conceived in February also meaning you'll be due in November, but don't take my word for it you OGBYN can tell you more" she said tuning off the machine and handing me the pictures. Wow I'm gonna be a mom. The nurse came back with the papers and we were free to leave. On the way home Austin could not stop talking. "So how are we gonna tell people?" " Well we need to tell our parents first" "Good point we can call them later" he said as we pulled in the garage.