Chapter 50: Christmas Day

Austin and I woke up around 7 on Christmas Day so we could spend Christmas morning with my parents before leaving for Texas. When I woke up Austin had already gone downstairs so I went down there too. I was the last person awake so everyone was sitting in the living room waiting for me. "About time you got up" my dad said as I sat down on the couch beside Austin and my brother. "So who wants to pass presents out?" my mom asked walking over to the tree. "I will" Austin shot up grabbing the gifts from my mom. I still had Austin's gifts in the trunk of my car so he doesn't know I got him gifts even though we agreed we wouldn't get them for each other but I know how much Austin likes to spend money on people he loves so I know he got me something. "When Austin hands you your gift, don't open it until all the gifts are handed out" my mom said as Austin started giving us each our gifts which didn't take too long. "Okay you all have your gifts so I want Bryce to open his first" said my mom as my brother tore into his gifts. We went through everyone pretty quickly and my mom saved me and Austin for last but me for dead last. My parents got Austin a few gift cards to Olive Garden since he loves it so much and a few other things and he got them an all expenses paid trip to anywhere in the world they wanna go and a few other small things. Finally it was my turn. I grabbed the big gift first. "That one is from your mom and I" my dad said as I tore into it. It was a bigger suit case. I can't lie I was excited because I knew I was gonna need bigger one after this tour. I opened a few more before I thought I was done but then Austin said "Rose wait I have something for you" and all I could say was "funny so do I" before I got off the couch to go to my car. I grabbed the gifts out of my trunk and headed back inside with them to see Austin sitting in mu spot with 3 presents in his lap. I instead he opened my gifts first and he didn't put up a fight. He was so excited to see I had gotten him his favorite beer and I laughed and he was thankful for the underwear and he saved the necklace for last. "I really hope you like this last gift, I got it made for you" "Then I'm sure I'll love it" he said opening it. He pulled it out of the box. "Holy shit Rose I love this" Austin said holding the necklace before putting it on. " This is amazing Rose. I'm not taking this off ever! Now enough talk you have to open my gifts for you" he said standing up to get my presents as I sat down. "Open this one first" Austin said handing me a small box. I opened it to find a pair of nice diamond earrings and I just gasped. "Austin oh my god these are beautiful" "Just wait until you see the matching necklace and bracelet that go with it" he said handing me 2 more boxes. I opened a box showing that matching necklace and bracelet and was in love with them. "I have 2 more surprises for you" he said handing me an envelope. I opened it to see a piece of paper telling me that Austin and I were going on a 2 week vacation to Italy and France. "Oh my god are you serious right now?" "I sure am" I jumped off the couch and hugged him. "What's the other gift?" "You'll get it next week. I hate to be a party pooper but we need to get on the road" he said and I nodded in agreement. We packed up the last bit of luggage we had and put it in my car. We decided to just take my car to Dallas and leave it at Rich and Jodie's house while we are gone. We loaded the car and said our final goodbyes to my family and headed to Dallas. Austin drove because I was too tired to do it. We drove 3 hours and decided to stop at Buc-ee's for a bathroom break. "You gonna run from me and go to the bathroom again?" Austin asked laughing putting the car in park. "Oh haha you're so funny" I said punching his arm and getting out of the car. It didn't take long after we walked in for fans to go crazy. I was starting to get use to the fans but I wasn't use to them wanting pictures with me. We finished up with fans and the bathroom then got back on the road and drove the rest of the way and we finally got to Rich and Jodie's and I was so happy because I wanted to lay in a bed and have a nice home cooked meal. When we got to their house Jodie had cooked for us and I was excited. We ate and Rich told us to go take a nap before we did Christmas with Austin's family that night and we did just that. Austin and I took a 2 hour nap and woke up to a house full of Austin's family. He didn't have a very big family but the house felt like it was filled with 100+ people. I didn't have time to be "prepared" for Austin's family like he was with mine but I wasn't worried because they are all nice. Jodie called us all in the living room so we could open gifts. Jodie and Rich got me gift cards to all my favorite restaurants and places to shop and I was excited because I knew touring was gonna be expensive when it comes to food. I spent the rest of the evening getting to know Austin's family before they started to leave and Rich, Jodie, Austin and I all went to bed. It had been a long day.