Chapter 49: Christmas Eve

Once I got home from Aspen's house I walked in to see my dad and Austin playing beer pong, yes you read that right, beer pong. I just stood there and watched. I didn't even know that my dad knew how to play but from the looks of it, he was crushing Austin which was surprising since Austin was the champ on tour. They finished the game and by some miracle, Austin ended up winning. "Hey Rose I didn't even know you came in" my dad said. "How was the doctor" Austin asked. "I went good, I'm all ready for tour now" I said smiling. "Good because it'll be here before you know it" Just then my mom came in the room telling us dinner was ready. We ate dinner and talked about the plans for tomorrow. My mom told me we are supposed to go to nana's tomorrow night to just hang out with my family and have finger foods and pop fireworks and I was glad it was going to be a quiet night but that also means Austin has to meet the rest of my judgemental family and I was immediately annoyed. After we ate I went to my room without saying much to my family or Austin. Soon right behind me Austin came in my room like I figured he would. "Rose what was that?" "Austin you know i love you but thinking about having to expose you to my family who loves to speak their mind" "Rose we have been through this, I'm not worried about what they have to say, as long as I have YOU that's all that matters." "I know but I don't think you understand how bad they can be." "Rose I think you forget I grew up in the south, I know how people can be. "Austin. What would I do without you?" Was all I could say hugging him. "It's okay babygirl. I'm not going anywhere." was the last thing I remember before falling asleep. I woke up the next morning and it was Christmas Eve and I was excited because Christmas was my favorite holiday.  I was excited to make the Reese's cake I loved to make for my family especially because Austin gets to try it. I also still had to pack for tour because I won't be coming back home until at least April so I had a lot of stuff I needed to pack and very little time because Austin and I will be leaving for Dallas in the morning to spend Christmas Day and the rest of the week until the 30th when we leave for New York with his family. I woke Austin up so he could help me pack considering I was basically packing my whole closet. It kinda made me sad knowing I wasn't going to be coming back here and if he really is proposing in New York well then that means this will be my last in my bed and in the house I grew up in. But I was also excited for a change and for my life to finally have a meaning to it. Austin went to take a shower when my mom came in my room to help me pack. "Wow so you're really leaving huh?" my mom asked trying not to cry "Mom don't cry I'll be back in April and when we have time off I'll come home to visit. I promise I'll be back before you know it" I don't think she knows about Austin's New York plan but the look on her face says she knows. " I'm just so proud of you Rose. You have grown so much in the past year and especially the past 3 months. I didn't think I would see you ever be happy again after Dakota but I see how much you love Austin and how much he loves you and it's all a mother could want" That was all she said before we both started crying. "Mom I love you" "I love you too Rose" she said hugging me "now we better start packing because you have a lot" we both laughed and soon Austin was helping us. It took us about 2 hours to pack it all but we also took breaks in between so I could make my cake and my mom could make her famous spinach dip. We had about an hour before we had to be at my nana's and my mom and dad agreed I should probably drive my car over there so Austin and I can leave if things get too crazy for him and so we can come home early since we have to leave early. We spent the rest of the time finishing what needed to be packed and then went to my nana's. When we pulled in the drive way my cousin, her husband, and their 2 kids were there already so I introduced them and my cousin seemed cool with Austin and her husband and him talked about guns because they both love them. Typical guy stuff. Soon my cousin's brother and my aunt and uncle got there and my cousin was excited because he loved Austin's music so I knew he would be excited, it was his dad, my mom's brother, and my 2 other uncles I was worried about. Soon the house got bigger and my whole family was there. Everything was going smooth, they asked Austin questions about his music and his life but then my uncle I was worried about brought up the face tattoos and I was kinda worried but he didn't say anything bad about them, he better not have because he has a few tattoos as well. We all went through the night just eating and talking and it was all fine and I was so happy. We opened the gifts nana got all of us and soon we did the fireworks. They were so beautiful and I was glad I could watch them in the comfort of Austin's arm but it was getting late so we decided to head back to my house. We said bye to my family and they seemed kinda sad we were leaving and that we wouldn't be there tomorrow but they understood. Austin meeting my family went to well and I was so happy about it!