Chapter 29: Traveling

The next two weeks flew by and me and Austin talked everyday about 3-5 times a day. My coworkers had a going away party for me on my last day which made me so sad but I promised them I would keep in touch and come visit when I was in town because I made life long friends with them. I was walking out of work for the last time and my phone started going off and I saw Austin was calling me. "Hi" "Hi. So today was it huh?" "Yep, now i have to work for my boyfriend" "oh thats gonna be fun getting paid to do personal errands for him? I bet he's gonna enjoy having you around." I just laughed as I got in my car and drove home. When I got home I started to pack because I had an 8AM flight to Utah tomorrow to spend an amazing and much needed week with Austin. I missed him so much but he was right the past 2 weeks flew by. I texted my friends asking if they wanted to meet up and eat before I left for a week and we all agreed on Waffle House. " I can't believe you are leaving tomorrow." Aspen said as we sat down. "I'm only gonna be gone a week! I'll be back next Sunday and then I can pretty much do what I want until Austin decides he needs me back in Utah for whatever reason but I'm pretty sure he's gonna be coming here in a few weeks so he can officially meet my parents." "how do you feel about that?" Adam asked me. "Well they seemed okay with me dating him and I showed them pictures but in person is different so idk how they are gonna react which makes me nervous." We finished eating and said our goodbyes and they told me to have a safe flight tomorrow. I called Austin on my way home and we talked about how excited we were to see each other because we can actually go on a real date as a couple when I get to Utah " and the best part is I can kiss you and hold you hand when I want" he said over the phone. " among other things too I hope" I said to him and he laughed and said whatever I want. I pulled in my driveway telling Austin bye and making sure he's gonna pick me up at 11 tomorrow and we said our goodbyes. I walked into my house seeing if my mom was still okay driving me to the airport at 6 in the morning and she said yes so I headed up stairs and finished packing and went to bed since I had to get up early. My 5AM alarm went off but I didn't mind because I did not sleep much because I was excited and nervous at the same time for the day ahead of me. I was nervous to see Austin and to fly alone, but I was also excited because I got to see Austin and because I've never flown before. I texted Austin telling him I was leaving for the airport. I was getting ready when my mom knocked on my door making sure I was up and ready. We got in her car and headed to the airport and when she dropped my off she got out and hugged me and told me to be safe and that she'd pick me up next Sunday and to keep her updated on my flight status and I said okay and walked into the airport to check in. I went through the process and Facetimed Austin and he picked up with one ring. He told me he didn't sleep because he was ready to see me. "just think you'll have me to cuddle with for a week" I told him. "thank god! I've missed that and you. I'm gonna take you to my favorite lunch place" he got through saying and as soon as he did my boarding zone was called to board so I had to let him go. As I waited on the gangway I took a selfie and sent to Austin and said I was almost on the plane and he replied with how he can't wait to kiss my face. Finally I was in my seat and soon after we took off. I had a 40 minute layover in Dallas and then an hour ride to Utah. I slept the whole flight to Dallas and when we landed I ran to my next terminal so I could charge my phone and let my mom and Austin know I made it to Dallas. When I go to the terminal I heard some kid yell "aren't you the girl Post Malone was with at Posty Fest?" I stood there frozen not knowing what to say. "uh yeah.." "yo tell him that shit rocked" "Will do" and luckily he ran off. I knew dating Austin was going to put me in situations like this but it was worth it. The 40 minute layover went by fast and soon enough I was on my next gangway and sent Austin another selfie and said "on my way to you" and he replied "thank god" with a blue heart emoji. The plane ride was quick and we were starting to land and my nerves were making me feel sick. I was so ready to hug, hold, and kiss my boyfriend. It didn't take long to get off the plane and soon enough I found myself on the escalator to baggage claim and when I was coming down, I saw a curly headed tattooed man and knew he was my curly headed tattoo man and my face lit up as soon as I saw him and his did the same when he saw me. When I reached the bottom I ran to him and he picked me up hugging and spinning me and kissing my cheeks before putting me down and kissing my lips. " Let's get your bags and get out of here, I have so much to show you" he said lacing my fingers into his as we got my bags and headed to his truck. We got in and headed to get some food. "I'm so glad you're here." He said smiling at me still holding my hand. "Me too" I said.