Chapter 46: Cold shoulder

I took Austin around my hometown to show him what all, well what least, my town had to offer. "Well I see what you mean about small town living." "I told you, there is nothing to do here." I laughed. We had already gone to the mall to Christmas shop and as I expected we were stopped every 5 minutes so people could take pictures with Austin. It didn't really bother me when he took pictures it bothered me more that we didn't have privacy. I tried not to let it seem like I was bothered by it but all this was new to me and I didn't know if I could or would ever get use to it. After he finished with his fans he came over to me. "What wrong?" He asked looking at me. "It's all this is so new to me" "I understand. It's still kinda new to me too" "I don't know how you deal with it. I don't think I ever could" Austin didn't say anything after that. We went to just about every store in the mall and I was tired and hungry. After we finished with the mall I took Austin to my favorite Mexican place because I was starving. Shopping always makes me tired and hungry so I was ready to also go home and take a nap. While we were eating I got a text from my nana.

Nana: Hey Rose, I heard you were back in town. I hope you had a good time. I'd really like to meet this boyfriend of yours so would you two like to come over for dinner tonight?

Me: Hey nana! I had a blast and we would love to come over! What time should we be there?

Nana: How about 6?

Me: Sounds great see you then!

"So babe I have something to tell you" "Yeah what is it" "My nana wants us to come over and eat tonight and she wants to meet you" "Sounds fun! Which nana is it your moms mom or dads mom" "Moms mom. I'm not really close to my grandma on my dad's side." " Nice okay." Austin seemed kinda weird after I told him but I brushed it off my shoulder. We finished eating and headed back to my house. The car ride was awkward with very little words said between us. When we got to my house we both got out of the car and I smiled at him and he smiled back and went inside and went straight to his room. I was starting to worry that I made him mad somehow but I couldn't figure out what I could have done. A few hours went by and I just gave Austin some space, I didn't go check on him or text him and he didn't check on me or text me which is really weird. It was driving me crazy not knowing what is wrong with him so I built up the courage to figure out why so I texted him.

Me: I think we need to talk. Can I come up there?
Austin aka Posted Malone: yeah I think we do. Come on..

My heart sank reading that message and a million and one things went racing through my mind about what he wanted to talk about. I sat downstairs trying to put myself together before I went to his room and soon enough I was at Austin's door and I knocked. "Come on" I walked in and Austin sat up on the bed as I closed the door behind me. "Hi" I said "hi" "so what's up with you, you've been very distant today and I'm worried." "Rose I love you and all but earlier today you said something that kinda stuck with me and I can't stop thinking about it." "Which was" " when I was taking pictures with my fans you said you don't think you could ever get use to it. It made me start wondering how if we ever asked you to marry me that you're gonna say no because you can't deal with my lifestyle" I just sat there on the bed trying to hold back the tears. I'm such an idiot. I don't think before I speak. "Austin that was all talk. Do you think I would have agreed to date you if I wasn't able to deal with the life you live? As much as I'm not use to it, I'm willing and wanting to deal with your lifestyle. If I wasn't we wouldn't be together right now. I love you Austin, famous or not I want a life with you." "Really?" "Yes" I said kissing him and he immediately kissed me back. "So this is why you haven't spoke to me a lot today?" "Yeah I was just scared you couldn't handle my life and you were going to run away" "I'm not going anywhere. You're Stuck with me" I laughed "good I wouldn't want it any other way" he said kissing my forehead. "Now can we please go back to our normal life. I've missed you all day today" I asked " please" I looked at the time and saw it was 5:30. "Oh crap we need to get ready for dinner at my nana's" I said jumping off the bed and running to my room to get ready. I was glad Austin and I had that talk but it got me wondering. If we didn't walk about it was he still going to propose to me in New York thinking I wasn't ready for his hectic lifestyle? Oh well I don't have to worry about that. What I do have to worry about is Austin meeting my nana because well she's a little crazy. She's an 89 year old lady who loves to drink beer and tell wild stories and I don't think he is prepared for her. We got in my car and headed to her house and I gave him a fair warning about how crazy she is. When we got to her house she was standing outside smoking her cigarette and waving at us. "Well there's my beautiful granddaughter with her hot boyfriend" I heard nana yell as we got out of the car feeling my face get red and Austin laugh. This was gonna be an interesting evening to say the least.