Preface

Asslaamu alaikum.

So Zain's choice is going a little deeper as well as a little shallower.

Yes. We are gonna sink and then float upon that dazzling clear water.

Cox Mira is revamped. And she has alot more to say.

I am saying no to the sad depression thingy.

Of course Zain has alot of explaining to do.

Why don't we get to know them just a little bit better?

Let's connect with their hearts and dissect it into palatable sections shall we?

The Gaddos are going low key Cox I am about to bankrupt them.

Yes. There is only one King and the Gaddos took too much energy resulting in the diminishing glory of our one and only monarch without the throne if you get what I mean.

So as I take you deep into this adventure tale of eternal love, just remember that-

It's all about what Zain wants.

Nope, don't dispute it.

Mira has you covered there. Yeah.

Cox she is about to whip up the perfect solution to the biggest problem.

Don't be surprised when Sparks fly and none whatsoever is afraid in the pursuit of what sets their souls afire.

Lessons learned are the spice of life.

Go on. Read the prologue and tell me what you think.

Awaiting anxiously for your feedback.

All I ask, is a vote and comment.

Thank you all.

I value comments even more than votes. Yet I love votes so damn much.

..................

3rd of August, 2019.

Osborne road, Ikoyi Lagos.

When she opens her eyes, the first thing she sees is the reflection of her own face on the white framed standing mirror that happens to be gaping back at her.

Some of the make up is smudged. It's been a wild night so far...

She grins, wiggling her brows that are a little bushy right now. Like they are her real brows ma sha Allah.

She pulls her lips forward in a pout and saw the deep pitch color of them showing beneath smudged red lipstick.

So her grin widens as she considered the messed up contour her nightly activities seems to have produced. She looks like a ghost!

The kind that lived underground for millenniums and is just being woken up by Michael jackson!

A laugh escapes her lips. All of the mapping that had changed her facial lines seem to have mixed together to give her a horror feel.

If Zain will wake up and see her like this...hahah...

He might just forget he is a man alright when he screams like a little baby!.

Or..

He may think a spirit has taken the place of her lovely perfect self, bless his delusional heart!

Oh Zain...

What is he up to in his sleep?

She turns her body completely to face him and she saw that he is still sleeping soundly amidst scattered lush duvet.

And then the words they have spoken last before they had fallen asleep in each other's arms came back to her, unbidden.

'You don't love me. You love how I make you feel" she had told him.

''No Jas. I do. I love you I love you I love you. And I swear to Allah almighty who made me, I would do anything for you. You are everything I will ever need nor want in a woman. Trust me' he had replied as if it's the only truth.

Yet this rascal didn't consider marrying her. Nope! Not that he could even if he wanted to...haha.

In a way, his words only reflected the singular way he will always love her. Simply put, just passionate.

Yet what is love without trust? And what is trust without respect?

In his mind, he is the higher being.

And she will always be the dirt beneath the soles of his feet.

She had begun this relationship to win his heart, hold it and raise it high with relish so she can smash it into undesirable tiny pieces. Oh the sound of his dying heart...

Somehow the last thought feels saddening. It shouldn't have been like this. But he has forced her hand. Sometimes, when things refuse to get better, one only needs to step up.

Because in the midst of her chaos in life, there is always him.

So she had been to him the flower that emits its fragrance even in the hands that crushed it!

And yes, he was able to crush her because he was the only man who walks into her heart as if he owns it, tearing down her walls of steel and then building them back with dark ugly colors.

She had been classy, a little bit sassy and just a bit bad assy. And the manifestation of reality with fiction has created the necessary intrigue to ensnare him to her clutches.

And she realizes that finally, she has managed to make him love her enough to be able to hurt him.

Her eyes narrows when she looks at him again. Constantly, he has warned her never to leave him. He always expects her to stay by him and as of yet, she has never gone against his dictate.

He already thinks he owns her.

She purses her lips and shook them as she scrunched up her face at his sleeping form.

Fine, you win, alright? Just as you want.

"I will obey you by refusing to obey you. Is that alright? Of course it is" she rolls her eyes at the one sided dialogue.

"And when I am gone, try not to maim other people. For I will leave only to remain by your side forever!" She grins.

Not even Zain could argue that. If only he knew...

.....

Do not be stingy.

For my effort, I only need feedback.

Thank you for choosing to read Zain's choice. I hope we walk this red carpet together until the finish line.

❤️❤️❤️

Zee's pen is already dipped in ink.

If you wish it, it's gonna roll into action.

You know what to do 😊