↠ 18

You felt your body froze. No. Someone so young? Jungkook showed the screen of his phone so that you could read the heading. "Seventeen-year old girl from West Thorn High found dead"

As soon as you finished reading the heading, you could feel your blood boil. Quickly, you looked it up on your phone and scrolled the article. Down further in a paragraph, there were a few sentences that made you want to punch a hole in the wall.

"Crazed town serial killer? Police at the scene found another red tree picture with a small message at the bottom saying 'love u with all my heart' and at the end with a single 'x' and a smile to accompany it. What could this mean?"

The fucking bitch. Killed someone at the young age? The coincidental same age you decided to separate from that crazed lunatic? Playing games with your mind at this point? You were ready to kill.

"Poor girl." Seokjin frowned. Jungkook and Yoongi nodded somberly. At last the guys came to the table. Before Jungkook could say anything, Hoseok beat him to it. "Did you hear about the... y'know? Down the street?"

The trio of guys at the table nodded. "Yeah. We should probably not walk alone anywhere without someone else." Namjoon mumbled and the rest of the guys took their seats.

"Y/N, make sure you walk with someone." Taehyung spoke up with a serious tone.

Unfortunately, you were too wrapped up in some dark thoughts of how you could try to infiltrate their hideout and kill every single one. You were fuming.

"Um, Y/N?" Yoongi harshly poked your head that snapped you out of your thoughts. You blinked back into reality. "Did you hear what Taehyung said?"

"Oh sorry. I was just-" You were interrupted by your ringtone. You glanced at the caller ID to see that it was Aika. "Excuse me." You politely excused yourself and walked out of the cafeteria. The boys watched as you did so. You continued walking away from the path so that your conversation could not be heard.

You answered the phone and brought it up to your ear. "Hello?"

"Did you hear?" Aika immediately said in Japanese. You could faintly hear the customers being rowdy. She must have gone upstairs to avoid crowds.

"Yes." You switched to Japanese.

"Do you think...?"

You growled into the phone. "I know it was that fucking bitch. Thinks that I wouldn't figure out the clues?"

Aika stayed quiet as you let out another rant of how you were going to track her and make sure that she should have never left Japan. The female on the other end of the call let out a sigh. "I like that enthusiasm but keep it down."

"I know." You tried to think of happy things. "I just don't like innocent people getting killed. It feels like this was my fault."

"I know." Aika repeated your earlier words. "We'll take them down. I just called to see how you were feeling."

You let out a laugh for dry humor. "Obviously well."

You could practically hear her roll her eyes. "Just be safe and I don't want to hear about some crazed girl wandering the streets, okay?"

"No promises." You replied to which Aika let out a laugh. Then you could barely hear Rei telling her to get back down and help with the customers.

"Alright!" She shouted and hung up on you. You pulled your phone away, looking at Aika's name and phone number flashing away. You let out a sigh and locked your phone. This was turning into a bigger mess than you thought. You returned back to the table.