↠ 37

You felt as if time froze. No. They didn't... They wouldn't... "I'm coming over." You firmly stated. And then hastily put on the shirt you were crumpling moments ago.

"What?" Seokjin asked. "You can't when-"

"Where are you?" You cut him off. "I want to help you guys." Scratch that. I need to. It's my fault.

A moment of silence passed by. "We're near the university. This is where we saw him last."

"I'll be there in a couple of minutes." You hung up the call and glanced towards your mask. You shouldn't need it? But if you were to fight a ghoul and Doves appeared? Shit. You cursed and threw on a tight hoodie. Using the shirt as a pocket, you placed your mask between the shirt and hoodie and folded so it fit snug. It was the best you could do.

You rushed out into the living room where everyone gave you confused looks. "My friend disappeared." You started climbing out the window.

"If you're not back within thirty minutes," Rei started. "We're going to look for you." You nodded although you weren't sure if they caught it since you took off in a flash, hopping from building to building trying to reach the campus in the fastest time you've ever done soon.

You just hope Taehyung was okay.

Meanwhile your family sat in silence, watching the TV for any more news and keeping an eye on the clock. "What are we to do now?" The headline ran across the bottom of the screen. Outside, there was a loud siren and Michael perked up. He went over to the only front window and peeked outside.

Sirens sounded throughout the area and lights were flashing. "The mayor has ordered for everyone to evacuate the area." A news reporter said. "It is necessary and the CGG will handle it."

Michael turned around when Rei asked for the girls to go take a lookout. Homura was already healed and was itching to get back out there. He turned to his phone and seemed to be calling someone. But he wasn't sure who Rei was trying to contact. Up on the roof, the girls were being careful and hopped over a few buildings to see the commotion down the street.

"They're evacuating everyone now..." Homura whispered. She and Aika were watching down below from a high building. Down below, people were rushing into their cars or running by quickly. People in uniforms went from building to building telling everyone to get out of this area. They could see a few Doves assisting them.

Aika sighed, little wisps of the cold slipped under her mask. The sky was turning dark with gray clouds and it looked like it was going to snow. Wasn't it supposed to be warm? Curse the strange weather. "Looks like we have to prepare, won't we?" She was slightly afraid. The Akai Ki was one of the biggest groups of ghouls put together.

Homura frowned even though Aika couldn't tell. "Yeah. Promise me, we're getting out of this alive?"

A bit surprised, Aika turned to the younger female. Sure, Homura was a great fighter and all that, but after the last time where Aika lost her eye to the Akai Ki, Homura became ever so worried. Partly blaming herself for the accident. "Of course." She hooked an arm around her neck. "We're going to at least destroy half of their group, ain't that right?"

"Sure." Homura replied although she didn't want anyone to get hurt after her last mistake. Suddenly, she felt a presence behind them and she turned around quickly, laying eyes on a certain female.

Yuki was the first one to make a reaction. She let a taunting smile form on her face. "Didn't expect to see you here."