↠ 52

You were now excited as you grabbed the controller from Hoseok. He was slightly amused by your actions. Taehyung happily handed Jungkook the other one. "Now our Jungkook here is the best at video games!"

A smile played at your lips. "We'll see."

You took a seat by Jungkook and Seokjin took the other side of you. Lucky for you, Jin had already finished his snacks and that meant you weren't going to be bothered by that. It was only Jimin who was still eating. Thankfully, he was sitting away from you.

Jungkook took control as he selected the multiplayer. You chose your favorite Mario Kart character and he chose his. And he did the unimaginable. He chose Rainbow Road. With a smirk on his face, he now turned to you. "Are you ready?"

"Of course!" And just like that, the race started.

"Yes!" Seokjin cheered and brought you into a bone crushing hug. "That's my girl!"

You won against Jungkook. Apparently, that was a big thing around here and since they all cheered. Meanwhile Jungkook was in shock. "You just got lucky with the green shell!"

You smiled. "I know how to aim perfectly." You saw him sulk a bit. "Are you mad?" You tapped his arm.

"Of course not!" Jungkook's mood picked up again.

"Simp." Yoongi muttered underneath his breath.

Namjoon just gave him a look. "I wouldn't be talking." To which, Yoongi gave him a glare.

"Can I ask you something?" Jimin nervously fidgeted in his seat.

"Sure." You replied. There was nothing to hide from anymore.

"Why did you go back to Japan?" Jimin clutched the bag of food in his hands. "Are there bad ghouls out there?"

Your mouth set into a firm line, trying to figure out how to say it. "To take care of things. And yes, ones who will try to people while they're alive or other ghouls."

Namjoon's eyes widened and his lips parted. "Ghouls eat other ghouls?"

You nodded. "Yeah. Just for selfish purposes." You lightly scoffed.

"I never heard of that!" He exclaimed.

"I'm surprised." You admitted. "Thought you figure it out with all that research."

Namjoon immediately looked guilty. Awkwardly, Taehyung patted his back in hopes of comfort. "So," Jungkook spoke up. "Your entire family are ghouls, right?"

"Yes."

"What types are your family then?" Yoongi now joined in, slightly interested.

"You're a rinkaku, right?!" Namjoon returned to himself. His eyes shone bright, hoping that was the correct answer.

You nodded, slightly impressed. "Yes. Michael is bikaku along with Rei. Homura an ukaku..." You trailed off.

"Let me guess!" Jungkook knew the remaining family member from when he met her long ago. "Kokaku?"

"Yeah she was." You softly smiled, reflecting back onto the happy memories of her.

The only one to notice anything was Namjoon who furrowed his eyebrows. "Was?"

"Hm?" You snapped out of it. "Y-Yeah." You hoped that was the end of the questions. So, you changed the subject. "So, um, did you have your dance recital, Hoseok?"

Hoseok shook his head. "No. It was supposed to be a few days ago, but you know with everything going on..."

Oh. "Sorry." You instantly felt bad.

"It's not your fault!" Seokjin frowned. "You're the nicest ghoul we met, so don't think anything is your fault."

"Well, I hope that I'm the only ghoul you met." You responded, automatically thinking of the worst things.

Taehyung came over to pinch your cheek. "Aw, would you be jealous? Hm." He tilted his head, making a bit of hair fall into his eyes. "I would like to see a jealous Y/N."

You glared at him, feeling attacked by that look. "Stop that." Jungkook smacked Taehyung's hand away. Meanwhile, Seokjin pulled you away from him.

As he did, you let out a yawn. You realized that you haven't gotten much sleep. "You tired?" Seokjin softly combed his fingers through your hair and you were ready to take a nap right then and there.

"Yeah." You said. "Got off the plane this morning." The jetlag must be catching up to you.

"You can sleep in my bed." Yoongi immediately offered which earned him a few looks.

You declined it. "No I better get home." You stood up to be released from Jin's comforting touch. "I'll see you guys later."

"Want us to walk with you?" Jimin asked.

You laughed a bit. "Nope. I can take care of myself. Besides, I actually walked all of you home." Then you left the apartment.

"Huh?" Hoseok said and the others were in agreement.

You arrived at the apartment within a reasonable time. On the way there, you unblocked the rest of the guys. A smile was on your face when you did that. You were allowing them back into your life now.

On the way home, you thought about a lot of things. Like how there are different humans with different mindsets. How there is life and death. And how you were going to move on in the future.

You reflected back on the past memories. It was time for you to finally rebuild yourself.

You took a peak in Homura's room and found her passed out. Stiffling a snort, you went over to place the blanket back on her as it had fallen off. You did so and paused seeing something besides her pillow. You picked it up and realized it was a photo.

It contained the family. Rei stood in the back, Michael next to him, you in front of Michael, then Homura on your right side and at last Aika who stood by Homura's side.

You gazed at it for a while longer. Smiles on your faces and you remembered that day. When Rei first opened the cafe back in Tokyo. Carefully, you placed it back in its spot and left the room. Your eyes went to Aika's room. After a moment of staring, you went to your own room. Closing the door, you went to your bed.

The boys had changed your life for sure. Friendship first and you were really grateful for that. They were your first real friends (besides your family) and you appreciated that. And there may be something more. For now, you weren't going to pursue anything. Maybe later in the future as you felt your cheeks blush at the possibility.

And that outlook on humans changed. And you think that you may have even changed yourself.

You knew what you were now. You were just a ghoul with human feelings. You were a friend, part of a family, a sister, a friend and most importantly, a ghoul.