↠ 27

"You okay, Y/N?" Hoseok worriedly asked as he noticed that your attention wasn't on the game anymore.

"Hm?" You acknowledged and took your focus away to look at him. "Sorry, it looks like I have to go help the cafe out. They're a bit busy."

Hoseok nodded in understanding while Yoongi took off the shirt. He held it out and you took it. You did the same trick again but in reverse this time and gave Yoongi back his shirt. "Thanks for the party you guys."

"No problem!" Taehyung took the credit as Seokjin glared at him. "We'll do this again this week!" With a nod and smile, you said your goodbyes and left the apartment. Taking another look at your phone, there were no messages. You rushed on home, your heart pounding and negative thoughts entered your mind. When you got to the cafe, it was deadly quiet. There were no customers inside.

The cafe is usually open around this time...

You rushed inside, finding the cafe door unlocked. Straining out your hearing, there was nothing. No voices or footsteps. You hurriedly went upstairs, almost missing a step or two and found no one up here either. You searched through every room but found no one or anything. Quickly, you tossed your bag aside and switched into a hoodie and grabbed your mask. Another look at your phone and there were still no messages.

Where were they?

You slipped out of the window and headed to the rooftops. Your eyes searched wildly for any sign but there was nothing. There were no sounds that indicate anything. Only from the city. A small gust of wind blew and you took a whiff of it. Blood. Your head snapped in that direction. You then started running in that direction, hopping from building to building. Then you reached your destination. Below, there was a large area but strangely there happened to be no citizens in sight. The only living creatures was your family fighting off some Doves.

At once your eyes shifted to those of a ghoul and you scanned the fight. Homura was speedily slashing at Doves but she was running out of steam. Her small red wings threw out spikes every once in a while. Akira was defending off a Dove, using her single but large half shaped orange colored looking shield. It didn't show any signs of breaking down anytime soon. Defense was a strong skill of hers.

Rei used his two fish looking tails to get a couple of Doves away from Michael. That's when you realized Michael was standing in a pool of blood and was defending himself from a Dove that charged at him. Panic rose in your throat.

You jumped down the building, kicking off towards the end so that you wouldn't injure yourself too badly. Your kagune sprouted out the moment your feet touched the ground as one of the Dove's quinque clashed with yours. "Ah." The Dove said. "Looks like Scorpion finally joined the party. Are you ready to be killed?"

You simply glared and forced the Dove back. "Don't rile up Scorpion. I thought you read the files." Taking a quick glance, you saw that it was the older Dove who said that. One that was a familiar face you fought many times before but he always managed to slip away without getting gravely injured. Soma was it? Eh, you don't care at the moment. All you could see was an opportunity. The younger Dove took his eyes off you for a moment. Amateur. You rushed forward and did a forward kick, sending the young Dove flying. "Told you."

Then you felt a presence near you as Rei came close to you after he forced the Dove he was fighting off. "Take care of them." He whispered. "I'm taking him and follow after five minutes." He ran back to Michael and easily picked him up. Then Rei scaled the wall and took off. Looks like it was up to you girls. You just have to kill at least one Dove and then they'll focus their attention on their fallen coworker.

Aika clashed against another Dove and Homura took a small break as she tried to catch her breath. How long has she been fighting? You got in the way as a different enemy charged at her. You wrapped two of your tentacles one either side and used all the strength to break the weak quinque they had and the enemy took a step back as it did. This was your target. The same young Dove from before blocked your attack. He narrowed his eyes at you and you immediately knew he was going to be a pest.

Rei slipped himself in and Michael through the window. He carefully laid him on the floor. Quickly, he grabbed a towel and lifted up the injured male to place it underneath him. That damn quinque managed to leave a gaping hole in his stomach. It was only about the size of a volleyball. He continued to drip blood. Rei cursed under his breath and rushed to the fridge in the back. As he opened it, he was greeted by the days old flesh.

They would need some fresh ones soon. He'll have to do it later.

He grabbed a package and headed back to Michael who was gritting his teeth in agony. The injured male could feel his body trying to heal itself but the process was taking a long time due to the quinque of Doves. Rei went and grabbed a knife and began to cut up small pieces for him. "Here." He took a couple of small pieces of flesh and held it out.

Michael reached over and popped them into his mouth and winced. "These are a bit old."

"I know." Rei sighed. "I'll go out tomorrow and find some fresh ones. For now, these will have to do." He said and handed over another piece. He could already see that he was feeling a bit better and that the healing process was going faster. The gaping hole was now at the size of a baseball.

Rei sighed in relief. His family member would feel better soon. He knew that you girls would be fine as well. After all, he sharpened all your fighting skills. As he calmed down, the door down at the cafe had a doorbell, one for the apartment, just went off. He could feel himself jump and he looked towards the door.

Who was that? He got up and told Michael to stay there. He was going to find out who was there and quickly grabbed the keys to lock it after he didn't earlier. Rei went down the staircase and slowly opened the door that opened up to the cafe. At the glass door, he could see two figures but couldn't recognize them at all. Who were they? His eyes roamed the figures and he didn't spot any suitcases with them. So no Doves.

Ghouls, perhaps? He slowly went over to them and opened it, making the bell chime. The sound of the bell made the two figures jump and take a step back. He opened the door and was greeted by two young males. Almost your age, he realized. He was super grateful that he wasn't the messiest killer of the family (that would be Homura) and that not a single drop of blood landed on his clothes. Well maybe where his kagune ripped the back of his shirt but it was okay.

"May I help you?" He raised an eyebrow and was prepared for some sort of speech of selling something. He did however notice a bag with them.

"O-Oh!" The younger of the two (well he guessed) jumped with surprise. "Hello, sir!" Rei noted that he was taller than the other one. "My name is Kim Namjoon and this is," He gestured to his friend who quickly greeted him. "Jung Hoseok. We're friends with Y/N!" He smiled making his most charming smile, he noticed.

He wanted to let out a sigh as he had an injured family member upstairs he wanted to take care of. Oh, why were your friends here?