↠ 24

You stood there in silence. What was going to be your lie this time? "I've been feeling off lately. Sorry for worrying you." It slipped out naturally. It was the best one you could come up with at the moment.

Yoongi's eyes narrowed at you. "You could have just told us. We started getting worried about you. You haven't replied to any texts or going to class! What's really going on?"

What? You looked at him. But your lie was so natural to you that it even scared you. "What do you mean?"

"I know that you've been feeling off lately but why?" He took a seat on the edge of your bed. "It's worrying everyone. Do you want to talk about it?"

You bit the inside of your cheek. No. You can't. Instead, you just shook your head. "Not really, I just haven't been feeling like myself lately." Your eyes averted his gaze. You now hoped that he would take this lie. If he doesn't then, you're not sure what else to say.

You could feel Yoongi staring at you. "Are we bothering you?" You were startled as you looked at him. "I mean I know that sometimes we can get overly excited and that earns us some unwanted attention. You don't like that?"

How could they even say that? They easily welcomed you with open arms and treated you as if you were their friend from back in the day. "No! It's just me." You sort of admitted. "I feel that I don't belong with you guys. I just haven't been myself lately. There's some problems back home that've been getting my attention." Twisting the lie here wasn't that bad. He wouldn't have to know the real reason.

"But we like you Y/N. We usually don't like many people except for Taehyung who seems to like almost everyone. Are you homesick?" You can tell Yoongi was choosing his words carefully.

"Somewhat. It's just family trouble." You got too caught up in talking that you gritted your teeth once the words slipped out.

"I understand that you don't want to talk about it." The male said and you instantly relaxed. He stood up and walked over to you. You just watched him as he placed his hands on your shoulders. "Can you promise me something?"

You raised an eyebrow at his odd request. "Depends?"

"When things get tough, you can always talk to me. You don't have to give me all the details but as long as you are feeling happy again, okay?" He smiled, showing off the gummy smile from the first day of class. "We all like you so please be our friend again. You are considered to be one of our best friends now."

You could hear the sincerity in his voice. The fast beating of his heart that had sped up when he said those things to you. The slight scent of some nature you realized. You could instantly tell he meant those words. They just hit you in the face and you realized you still wanted to be around them. You could stare at him, feeling your eyes water and then he panicked. "D-Did I say something wrong?"

"No." You sent him a smile and wiped away at your eyes. "Thanks. I needed that." Something clicked in your brain. It wasn't entirely your fault. Yes, you'll admit that you may have caused some emotional damage to Jimin and possibly the others, but with time and with you caring for them, they'll heal. You'll make sure to protect them.

You can't believe that there wasn't going to be any more bad things happening but you'll do your best and cover most of it. It was going to be fine and you counted that no one was ever going to hurt them at all.

"Well I didn't mean to make you cry..." He averted his gaze and you could barely see his cheeks flush with pink. In happiness, you gave him a hug. The male was startled but eventually returned it.

"It's okay. I'm just being emotional." You said and slightly patted his back where your hands were resting.

You could feel his body vibrate with the slight laughter that came from him. "Okay. Will you promise to come to class tomorrow? Or do I have to break in again?" He joked.

You pulled away to look him in the eye. "Hey, I let you in."

He simply shrugged his shoulders. You completely pulled away from him. "Don't worry, I'll be back in class."

Yoongi nodded. "Nice. You're going to be our friend forever so you're not going anywhere, okay?"

"You're looking like a stalker." Those were the words that popped into your head. Were you really wrong though?

"At the moment yes, but I'm not." The male now walked to your window and slipped out.

"Seems suspicious." You commented.

Yoongi gave you a gummy smile. "I know. Well, I'll see you tomorrow." You waved as he climbed down the firescape and he began walking away. Oh these people. You let out a sigh and grabbed your mask and dashed out of the window to scale up onto the building. The air was chilly and you were glad you were wearing a warm sweatshirt but it could not be the same for your bare feet.

The concrete was cold and you feel the bits of dirt and gravel imprinting on your feet. You winced from the feeling and you hated it. But still, you'll go through pain to make sure that he gets home safely. Hopping from building to building, watching the male walk. Soon after, Yoongi finally entered the apartment building.

You stood there for a moment staring at the door of the door where Yoongi had entered earlier. Your eyes glanced at the top area of where their apartment would be. It was okay. You realize the errors of your ways. You'll help Jimin to forget the scary moments. Then you glanced around and saw a shadowy figure standing a little aways. Now you were on high alert.

It couldn't be one of the boys... You could only wish that it was.

Curiously, you took one step closer. It had to be part of Moeru Ki. Your suspicions were confirmed when the figure ran away at a fast speed. Your promise is in effect now. You started chasing after the figure. Your intention?

To get some answers. And then you'll leave your own message to them.

Were you petty? Yes. Did you want revenge? Yes, you wanted to bask in it and finally destroy everything that has been tormenting you for so long.