↠ 23

As you walked along the sidewalk, your eyes managed to catch Homura and Aika walking towards you. The girls were confused as you started to pick up the pace. Once you reached them, you immediately went to Aika with a hug. The female was confused but nonetheless accepted your hug.

You could hear Aika whisper something to Homura but you chose not to hear it. All your thoughts were consumed on how you planned to remove yourself from their group. Next thing you know, Aika pulled away and took your hand. She led you to a bench with Homura taking the other side of you. "Care to tell me why you're almost crying?"

You blinked, feeling a few tears slip. "Aika..." She hummed in acknowledgement, to urge you to go on. "I don't deserve friends do I?"

"What do you mean?" Aika asked, confused. Out of everyone in the family, you were the one who wanted to make more friends, so you understood why she looked at you weirdly.

"I don't deserve any! Not if I traumatize them like this!" You cried out and looked down at your hands in your lap.

Homura spoke up and you could tell she was being careful with her words. "Everyone needs a friend. But what do you mean traumatize them?"

Did Rei not tell them?

"Y-You know how Michael and I killed those ghouls?" You hesitantly asked.

"Yes. There was also a human with you right?" said Aika.

"That human was my friend!" You clenched your hands together and saw them slowly turn white. "He hasn't slept at all and now has nightmares. How could I do this to him?!"

Homura shared a glance with Aika and pleaded with her eyes to let Aika tell the comforting words. That was not in her department. Aika nodded and slowly began to speak. "It was just a coincidence. I'm sure with time, he'll be over it. Though that does not mean you can stop being his friend. Why would he think?"

What would Jimin think? You kept quiet as you thought about it.

"C'mon, let's head home and you can think it over there. I promise with whatever happens, we're still here for you." Aika stood up and held out her hand. You looked up and slowly took it. With a soft smile, Aika and Homura walked you back home.

For the next couple of days, you locked yourself in your room. You haven't gone to class (just been asking for work done in class) or haven't even been down to work at the cafe. The only time was out on patrol. Even then, you weren't normally yourself.

You have been thinking it over and this was your thinking time basically. For these past days, your phone has been blowing up with messages and calls. Of course all of them were from the boys, asking where you were and if you were okay. You didn't reply to any.

Of course, your family went in your room and talked to you and not once did they pry with the whole friendship issue you were having. Although it might come sooner rather than later, seeing the irritated look in Michael's eyes. How ironic compared to when you said you were making friends in this brand new place.

Sighing, you slowly sat up. You were already back from patrol, it was a quick one for tonight. Rei probably didn't think you were up for an all nighter. Although, you were pretty sure you heard him earlier sneaking out. It wasn't your business anyways. You looked at the laptop that sat on your desk. You were slightly falling behind your classes. You couldn't just waste that money.

You trudged over to the desk and opened the laptop up. It was quick to boot as you entered the password and you clicked on the little browser graphic. Typing in the login and password for your class section, you saw the few assignments you needed to do. And so you got to work. It wasn't that bad. Two hours later, you were done with half of them and you winced at the worksheets in math.

Letting out a groan, you flicked on the desk lamp and got out your notebook and pencil. Flipping to a clean sheet, you began working. It was going fine until you reached the fifth question. It became fuzzy to you and you shook your head as you thought of asking Namjoon. No, you couldn't do that. You tried it again and that's when your phone started buzzing. You glanced at the caller ID to see that it was Yoongi. You ignored it until there were messages. Taking another glance at the preview messages, you raised an eyebrow. Even though it was text on a screen, you could feel the anger.

From: Yoongi
To: Y/N

Please answer. We're worried about you, well mostly me...

From: Yoongi
To: Y/N

Did we do something wrong? Can we at least...

From: Yoongi
To: Y/N

That's it. I'm coming over and you better...

Curiosity got the better of you of the last message. You unlocked your phone and looked at the message Yoongi sent you.

That's it. I'm coming over and you better still be up so we can talk. I WILL break in if you don't answer the door.

Would he really do that? Yeah, right. You rolled your eyes. Yoongi would never do something like that.You just returned back to your work. A knock on your window startled you out of thought and you spun towards the window. There on the other firescape stood a figure. A somewhat angry figure as his dark eyes stared at you.

Yoongi was actually going to break in!

He actually did it. The mad lad. Recovering from your initial shock, you gulped in realization. What do you talk about? What lie could you come up with this time? Or why were you debating on this? You should cut them off! Still, you felt guilty. Maybe just talk it out and say you can't be friends anymore?

Gathering up courage, you slowly stood up and walked over to the window. Yoongi's eyes were on you the whole time. Damn, you should have gone to bed so that there would be no light! Hesitantly, you unlocked and opened the window. You took a few steps back and watched as Yoongi scrambled through.

"I'm so glad that I thought this was the right room thanks to your light." Yoongi said and dusted off his clothes. "I would have ran off if I got your brother's room."

A soft smile came onto your face as you thought of the situation in your mind. Yeah, Michael would definitely run him off then chew you out. It disappeared entirely as Yoongi placed his full attention on you. "Now care to tell me why you're not replying to any of us?"