↠ 38

Taehyung warily watched the strange person in front of him. He had sort of lost consciousness when he went after you. All he could remember that he was running then felt a force hit his side. After that, there was darkness. Next thing he knew, he was in some under construction building.

"Finally awake?" A voice asked in Korean.

His head throbbed in pain and looked around for the source. He finally spotted a figure sitting on the ground. They were leaning against a concrete pillar. A mask was staring straight at him. It was a face but it looked like tree branches around it that were painted with red. Why did it look somewhat familiar? Had he seen something like that before?

The masked figure slowly sat up, propping their elbow on their knee and resting their head in their hand. "Hm." They hummed. "You sort of smell good. But I need to ask you some things."

Taehyung winced at the pain from his head when he tried sitting up. He didn't realize it before but was leaning against a pillar. "For what? I don't even know what's going on."

"You do." The unknown figure replied. "Don't act stupid with me."

"Huh?" Taehyung was terribly confused. Then in a flash, the masked person stood up and began walking over to him. He was tense as the figure kneeled in front of him. The tree branches in red were startling up close. He could see the messy marks more clearly.

"I said to not act stupid with me." The figure replied. They tilted their head. "Do you know Scorpion well?"

Scorpion? Did they mean... the arachnida? "I don't know about scorpions." Taehyung said with a confused expression.

"Don't play with me." The figure growled and Taehyung was sure that he was frowning underneath the mask. "I said, do you know Scorpion? We need to know more."

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Taehyung snapped, frustrated with them. "Just let me go!" He started to move but screamed when he felt something pierce into his thigh. He glanced down to see a shiny new nail embedded into his thigh. He could feel the pain shoot through his leg and he bit his lip. The wind gently blew and he was grateful for the breath of fresh air to bring him back to the figure in front of him.

"You're not leaving." The masked figure growled. A sigh came from the masked person as they stood up. "Yuki better be right so Scorpion could come. I could be out there helping out." They turned their back to the door and stared at him. "Why won't you tell me, human? Or do you prefer that I take a bite of you? I am quite hungry and a bit weak right now."

B-Bite? Taehyung's eyes grew wide. He didn't say anything else. He didn't hear the footsteps rushing to his aid. It wasn't until the figure turned around and tilted their head. "Joining the party for my meal?" He teared up seeing all his friends here. Although he wasn't sure how they were going to get out of this.

The figure fully turned around and you knew that their eyes were glancing at everyone. "Which one of you is Scorpion?" You fucking knew it. You narrowed your eyes, hearing the second language you knew. Probably one of the few ghouls in the group who knew the language.

"Scorpion?" Namjoon questioned with confusion lacing his voice.

The masked ghoul sighed. "Don't play stupid with me! Who is Scorpion?" They pointed towards Taehyung. "Or else I will inflict more pain."

You crumpled your hands into fists. This was it. There was no other ghoul or Dove to save your identity. No. This was going to be all you. And you knew for a fact that you were going to hate the aftermath. You took a step forward when you were pulled back by Seokjin. "What are you doing?" He hissed.