↠ 48

There was something that completely slipped your mind during the fight. Where was Hayate? You slowly got up and, without thought, used your injured hand. Which was a bad mistake. Your wrist gave out and shot up a flare of pain. You fell back to the floor. This time, you used your hand to sit up. Then it happened.

Hayate jumped from the ceiling and his kagune went right through Aika. She hissed and swung her kagune around to make her own injury. Alas, his other tentacle pierced itself into the side of her face. "Glad I could finally join."

Homura started to move when he noticed her. "I wouldn't do that." He said. "Want her to die?" Instantly, she froze in fear. He grinned when she stopped. "Thanks for killing him. Takes a load off of me without him trying to boss me around."

He had you guys. "Now." Hayate said and his eyes glanced at you. He took a few steps closer, holding Aika in the air like some prize. "To make sure that you don't follow me..." In a fast reaction, his foot crushed your hand.

You gritted your teeth in pain and you were about to make a move when his other foot kicked the side of your head. Fuck. Your vision basically went dizzy for a second. "After him." You heard Rei say.

"I'll do it!" Homura screamed.

"You won't!" Rei snapped. "You're limping! What do you expect?!"

Finally, you blinked and realized what was going on. Michael was gone along with Hayate and Aika. "Which way?" You glanced at Rei and Homura. She now sat on the floor and you didn't notice before but her ankle was crooked.

"That way." Rei pointed in the direction with his good arm. You nodded and took off. Your determination pushed you faster. Hopping from building to building and you paused for a second. You strained out all your senses. Hearing and smelling the most. Finally you smelt it. Aika's blood. You went in that direction and a loud piercing scream led you to where they were.

Hayate still held up Aika in the air. And he was in the damn fucking streets. Citizens ran away from the scene and Michael was there, trying to find an opening. Luck must have been feeling bad for you. Hayate's back was towards you.

You slowly crept down and landed softly on your feet. Your kagune was still out and all the points faced towards him. You did the best you could ever do and froze when Aika screamed in pain. "Don't come closer Y/N."

Shit. Shit. Shit. You cursed in your head.

Hayate turned around to face you with a sadistic smile. "I'm way better at sensing others than all of you." He took a step away from you and Michael. "Looks like I might have to kill her. You two don't listen to directions."

"Fuck you." Aika growled.

He looked at her in surprise. "A lot of fight left in you, huh?"

Aika didn't say anything else for a moment. "Y/N. Michael." You stared at Aika with a confused look. "Make sure to kill this sadistic bastard or I'll be coming for you as a ghost."

"What are you talk-" Michael was cut off as Aika pushed herself more onto Hayate's kagune. Hayate took a surprised step back.

Your eyes widened seeing the kagune finally pierce itself through. What? No! No! You trembled seeing your sister do this. "Kill him!" Aika screamed the words. The words pushed you into motion. You rushed forward, a tentacle coming right for him.

He barely blocked it in time but your scorpion one came down in a flash. It went right through his back. He froze up and you knew you hit the right spot. His spine. Wisps appeared and his kagune disappeared into thin air. Quickly, you brought a tentacle through his skull. Hayate's body slipped from your hold.

You spun around, kagune disappearing at once. Aika.

Michael was already at her side. He started picking her up but she refused. You went over there and knelt besides her. "C'mon. Let's go-"

"No." Aika said sternly.

"What?" Michael asked dumbfounded. "Here just take a bite of my arm." 

"Won't work." Aika replied and your heart might as well have been ripped out. Where Hayate had his kagune pierced through the side of her head. You could clearly see her brain. Your stomach turned. Your eyes glanced to another wound. A hole of where you could barely see her ribcage.

Sure you were used to killing and all that. But on your own family? Never.

Michael followed your line of sight and recoiled. "N-No. You can heal!"

Aika smiled weakly at him. There were a few footsteps all of a sudden and the rest appeared. Homura being carried by Momoi. Her expression went blank once she was Aika on the floor. "What's wrong?"

You looked at her. What do you do? Momoi carried over and within a few feet, Homura broke out of her grasp. Rei followed in close proximity.

"Aika!" Homura dropped to her knees. "Here. Just take a big bite." She started to rip off her sleeve but the female shot her a look.

"I know we can heal but I don't think we can heal organs." Aika softly muttered.

Rei trembled as he knelt besides Homura. "B-But you're supposed to stay with us."

Aika softly smiled. "Not forever. I love you guys." Her eyes weakly glanced at everyone.

Your eyes were already watering. "Please..." You whispered.

Aika's eyes finally stared at nothing. The last breath she took faded away and all life seemed to disappear.

No. It wasn't supposed to be like this.

Homura sobbed and tears started streaming down her face. "Aika!" Her hands frantically grabbed Aika's hand. "Please stay with me!" She started shaking badly.

You didn't care as tears made their way down your cheeks. Your nose started running and you wiped it away but still was useless. Your hand blindly reached out to Michael and squeezed his hand roughly. He did the same as he continously wiped his tears. Rei stayed silent, eyes staring at her. He didn't even bother to wipe anything away.

Momoi and Usui stayed silent. Momoi tried keeping in her tears but it was useless.

Is this what happens to you? Life treats you like this?

You didn't care as the asphalt dug into your knees. Nothing mattered at this moment. Everything felt numb. Like all your senses had disappeared.

No said anything for the next few minutes. That is until there were vans coming down the street. "We need to go." Rei stated.

"No." Homura snapped. "We're not leaving her here. I'm not going to let them use her kagune." She growled.

"Michael?" Rei asked and he did so without hesitation. Michael carefully grabbed Aika and Momoi picked up Homura easily.

Rei started running and the rest of you followed. The leader started the familiar way home but he was going further than that. To the outskirts of the city. He descended down the building and started walking in a random direction.

"Over there." Usui said. "Humans won't go near there." He was pointing to an old cemetery.

Rei took his advice and came towards the edge of it. It was painful to say the least. You did as what he did, using your good hand, to dig. At last, Michael gently placed Aika down and it was when Homura lost it.

"Stop!" She was trying to get out of Momoi's hold. "She's going to be confused when she wakes up!"

"Homura!" Momoi held onto her tighter.

You whispered out your goodbyes and went to help Momoi. "Homura, please." You started crying again. Homura's arms wrapped around you and you held onto her just as tightly. You buried your face against her neck, ignoring the sounds of dirt being moved into their original place again.

This hurt me way more than it should have and I started to almost cry again when editing :'))))))))