↠ 39

You gritted your teeth in anger, seeing the familiar face. "And I've told you countless times that I won't join your organization, Hayate." He was the one who had convinced your sister to join the organization.

He grinned. "You're always stubborn." Then his eyes glanced behind you. "Oh, humans? They look tasty... Can I have a bite?

You moved to block his vision from them. "Get away. They're mine." Perhaps if you tricked him into thinking they were your meal...

Hayate laughed. "Silly. I know you want to make friends with humans. So, one bite and no fight?"

"Fuck off." You growled out.

"What a shame." Suddenly wisps of smoke came from his lower back. "Maybe this will be the day I'll kill you." There were now two tentacles - both of them basically had claws at the end of them - that appeared and he suddenly jumped in the air. His kagune launched one of them towards you and you dodged to the side.

You've always hated his kagune. Despite being only two, the "claws" of them were surprisingly sturdy. You sprouted your own kagune. You heard the boys softly gasp and more footsteps back away from you. Now was not the time to think about them although it hurt. They were seeing you as a monster.

Hayate launched his kagune again while you took cover with the tentacles. Though one of them managed to create a scrape against your kagune. You leapt in the air and shot out one tentacle to distract him. He dodged but quickly you shot out the other one and managed to puncture his leg. A sickly sound was heard as you tried holding him there with it. He tried using his own kagune to pull yours out. You then ran towards him but then you were thrown to the side. You collided with the concrete floor. Smearing a little bit of blood against the floor from the ghoul corpse.

"Idiot." You stopped breathing momentarily. You looked up with wide eyes to see the new figure. "I told you I wanted to fight my sister."

She grinned and took off her mask of the big 'X' in the middle. It still kept the same theme as the 'X' was made of dead tree branches drawn in red. Her kakgan eyes focused on you. "So, sis, is it the day where I'll kill you?"

At the moment, you were a tiny bit grateful that she spoke in Japanese. You didn't want any information of your secrets being released. You couldn't deal with it. You got up from the floor, your gaze on her. "What are you all doing here?"

She smiled. "Oh." She flipped her brown hair back to get it out of her face. It was messy and suspicion rose inside you. "Nothing much, you know? The boss said to kill you out of the country. Should be easier without so many Doves around here."

You narrowed your eyes. "Kill us? Please, it's been two years already and throughout all our encounters, you haven't killed us." You were becoming more agitated since the conversation the other day.

She immediately dropped the smile. "That's because I like seeing you being weakened. Throughout all our encounters, I've been learning about you. And I think today's the day, Y/N."

You straightened up, reading her posture. "Fine, Yuki. We'll see about that."

"That's more like it." A fire lit up in her eyes and she charged forward. Wisps of smoke appeared from underneath her shoulder blades and then her kagune came out. They were large black wings though they lacked the feathers - almost like a bat.

You sent out a tentacle and the two kagunes made contact. There was a loud bang against the two. Then she covered herself with her wings and you could see that she was thinking. You saw an opening, there was a small gap underneath. Quickly, you shot out your other tentacle to the opening and thrusted it towards her face. There was a loud choking sound as she uncovered herself. Your kagune managed to puncture her stomach.