↠ 49

It's been four days since Aika's death. No one really talked to each other that much and pretty much, everyone stayed in their rooms. It was hard to face reality. But Homura has been taking it the worst. Even through these walls, you can hear her cry at night and in turn, you joined her.

Throughout these days, you've been hovering your thumb over the 'unblock' button on their contacts. But you couldn't. Not yet. Your eyes looked at their contacts and you frowned once more. Would it be so wrong to contact them? Even after you told them to forget about them?

Of course it was.

Everything hurt. It hurt to know that you glance at Aika's room, she won't be there. Homura wasn't going to have her partner to fight with. Nothing. Once, you went outside to take a walk but even walking by the small shops and places relieved painful memories. You didn't like it.

As you scrolled through the contacts you had, your eyes zoned in on your first friend back in Korea. Yoongi. What if you went back? As you stared at the phone in your hand, you jumped and fumbled with the phone as a knock came from the door.

Unknowingly, your finger hit the unblock button for your first friend as you ungracefully caught the phone. "Y-Yes?" You asked.

"It's me." Michael's voice floated from the door.

"Come in." You said and exited out of the app and put your phone down. Michael opened the door and walked right in. He closed the door and even from here, you could see how red his eyes were. Well, probably you too.

Michael shifted from foot to foot. "C-Can we talk?" You nodded and patted the space besides you. He went over and sat down besides you. You two sat in silence for a while before he finally spoke. "It hurts. I just can't believe it."

"I know. Me too." You rubbed your hand on his back. Although he was taller than you, right now he felt small as he leaned his head against your shoulder. Right now, he wasn't the lecturer that you came to know. No, he was your little brother.

"I don't want to believe it." He confessed. "Everything's going to be different." His tears were now soaking your shirt but it was okay.

"It will be." You admitted. "But we'll all go through this, okay?" You hugged him tight. He did the same thing. "I'm sure that Aika will want us to go on." Within those few seconds, your phone started lighting up with messages.

Yoongi frowned as his most recent message bounced back. He let out a sigh. He asked the other guys about their texts and they got the same thing. Their messages weren't being delivered as well. The male turned on his side, the phone never leaving his face.

He looked at all the messages he had sent. All of them showing that they weren't delivered. Out of frustration, he typed 'ily' with a heart emoji, knowing that it wouldn't even be delivered. Sadly, his luck ran out. It actually went through.

With wide eyes, he sprang upright, staring at the message in wonder. It actually sent! Then realization dawned on him. He sent a 'I love you' text. Panic rose and he didn't know what to do. It was already sent but then a brilliant idea popped in his head. Send more texts and you'll get bored of them and you won't scroll all the way! He hoped.

He started off with literally smashing the keyboard which resulted in lots of different letters together. After a good few seconds, he think he was in the clear. Hopefully.

His heart was beating so fast that he thought it was going to burst out. He let out a sigh of relief. Then he actually took his time to send a thoughtful message.

To: Y/N
From: Yoongi

Hey. I know that you may say to forget you but I can't. Please I still want to be your friend and I don't care that you're a ghoul. You'll protect me anyways, right?

Yoongi stared as the message went through. He hoped that you would answer. You just had to. Why else would you unblock him? Finally his dark phone screen lit up. He quickly unlocked it, only he growled in frustration to see that it was a game notification. As he swiped away the stupid notification, a message popped in.

His heart beat furiously and he took a deep breath. He opened up the text.

From: Y/N
To: Yoongi

Why are you still wanting to be my friend? I don't understand.

Yoongi frowned at the sentence. Is that how you felt? How could he not want to be your friend? You were too adorable! He blushed as he deleted that sentence. Hold your horses, Yoongi.

From: Y/N
To: Yoongi

Because I do. I don't care you're a ghoul. You could have used me as bait for all I know but you haven't. You have a good heart :)

Without thinking, his finger hit send. He blankly stared at the screen, watching as it was delivered. He hoped he wasn't too overwhelming. It took a while before you even replied.

From: Y/N
To: Yoongi

Thanks? I'm just sorry that I caused all this. I need to go and oh. Saw the message and spamming won't work.

Yoongi raised an eyebrow and his entire face flushed read. You read his 'I love you' message! Even with the heart emoji! The male buried his head in his hands, completely mortified.

You stared at Yoongi's text. Did he really mean it? Still, it was a tough decision but you knew that it was going to be the best for you. Even for your mental health. And you decided way before he even texted you.

You walked out of your room, noticing that no one was out. Your eyes glanced at Aika's room and you almost started to shut down. You ripped your eyes away and went to Rei's room. Knocking softly on the door, you heard him say "come in."

You did so and noticed that his room was messy. You locked eyes with Rei. His glasses were off, his eyes still red and it looked like he had some bags under his eyes. He waited for you to say something.

"Rei..." You started off. "I can't live here anymore. It hurts to see everything in Tokyo and it reminds me of her." You paused, eyes carefully watching Rei. There was just a slight furrow of his eyebrows.

"I think I need a fresh start." You stated. "I think I want to go back to Korea."

just a couple more chapters before the end :'))) i ain't ready