↠ 47

"What do you mean you're in Japan?" Seokjin almost screeched. It was just that his voice got higher that you had to hold your phone away from your ear. You held it away as the boys talked over each other and you couldn't make any sense of what they were talking about.

"Are you still there?" Hoseok asked.

"Yeah." You replied. "There was too much noise."

A sigh came from the phone. "Sorry. But why are you even in Japan? Weren't you going to stay here?" Namjoon had now questioned.

You frowned at that. Of course you enjoyed the time you spent with them. But this issue came first. You put their lives in danger. "Just some things I need to take care of." You didn't bother answering the second question.

"Was it because of me?" You heard Taehyung's voice and it took you by surprise. He sounded vulnerable.

"No." Your eyes glanced to your other hand that was unconsciously gripping onto the blanket. "It was my fault that happened."

Silence entered the atmosphere.

"It wasn't your fault!" Taehyung desperately pleaded. "It was mine!"

You scowled. Why was he making excuses? It was true. It's all your fault. "Stop making excuses. It was all my fault. If I wasn't a ghoul-"

"So what!" Jimin snapped. It reminded you of back when you were bleeding everywhere. "Was it your fault that those ghouls followed me? No it wasn't!"

Your hand tightened onto the blanket. What was he talking about? Of course it was all you. If you weren't here, then Akai Ki would not have followed you. "It's all my fault!" You exploded. "They were following me! My family! We should have just stayed here."

They grew quiet. There was a faint knock at your door. It was time to discuss the plan.

"I-I have to go." You said quickly and interrupted whatever the guys were going to tell you. "Just please forget about me. I caused too much pain." You hung up quickly and for extra measures, blocked them. At the moment, you wanted to break down and cry but there were more important matters.

You took a deep breath to release all that negative feelings. Once you felt you were stable enough, you headed out to the living room. There you found the rest of your family and two newcomers. Momoi and Usui. You took a seat next to Michael.

"So now that we're all here, I'm going to start." Rei began. "Michael and Y/N will be team B. Momoi and Usui are team A. And finally, Homura and I are team C."

"Wait." Aika growled. "I'm always partnered with Homura."

"You're still hurting, aren't you?" Rei said. "Hayate's kagune gained a lot of strength, didn't it? They're all binge eating. Sometimes I see you wince from pressure. I would like for you to sit this fight out."

Aika's eyes grew wide. "B-But I can help!" She defended.

Rei frowned. "Please listen to me. I don't want you to be hurt anymore than you are."

She stayed quiet, soaking in the statement. You watched her as she squeezed her hands into fists. You could tell that she wanted to fight back. Instead of doing that, she got up and went back into her room. Homura looked after in worry.

A sigh came from Usui. "So! What's the plan, o' great leader?" Now you were reminded on why you weren't so fond of him. Rei kept his cool and dove into the plan that is supposed to take down Akai Ki.

After the plan was explained, you were somewhat eager. This would be the final time to take them down. Momoi left first to go greet Penny when she came home from school. You got up to retreat back into your room when Usui stopped you. "How was Korea?"

"Good." You replied curtly. 

He raised an eyebrow. "Couldn't make any human friends? I still don't understand why you would."

You kept your cool. "Don't know and I don't understand why you're interested in that."

"Hm." He mused and tucked a lock of his blonde hair behind his ear. "I heard that you finally killed Yuki. I can say that's one thing we agree on. Glad you finally did."

"Yeah." You didn't know what else to say. "See you, I guess." You broke away before he could say anything else. This time, Usui took Michael as his next victim. Lucky for everyone, Michael could not care about Usui's feelings. He was way too blunt with the blonde. Even when you closed your door, you could hear Michael's accent come through. 

Now that you were alone, you wanted to break down. You went over to your bed and crawled into it. Once you curled up on it, you finally let your emotions spill over. That night, your pillow took most of the damage being wet from tears.

You quietly entered the building where Riku resided. It was simple. Team A and B would handle the ghouls on the first floor and Team C would be heading to where Riku was.

Wearing your mask, you crept quietly along the wall. You noticed that their numbers were reduced significantly. You got this. Wisps of smoke appeared behind you and your kagune manifested itself. Raising high above three unsuspecting ghouls, thry pierced through them. Sadly with the killing going on, the rest woke up.

Michael was going to cover your back and you would do the same. Your kagune pierced one as it went for him. You blocked another attack incoming. A few feet away, Momoi was doing well along with Usui. You took your attention away from them and your kagune collided with another one.

Slowly, the numbers diminished until there was none left. You panted and stood there, catching your breath. Small cuts littered your body and only a gash on your leg was the biggest damage. The other three only came out with small wounds as well.

"Shit." Usui cursed as a couple of more ghouls entered the building. Momoi and Usui took them on.

Then you flinched hearing something being knocked into the wall. "Homura!" You heard Rei shout loudly. Worried filled you as you looked to Michael. He nodded and the two of you rushed upstairs. There, Rei was in front of Riku. Both of them with blood streaming from their wounds, but Rei was off worst. His arm covered in red. Homura was knocked unconscious. She hit the wall pretty hard, leaving a dent.

Riku grinned. "Glad you brought the family here." His eyes flicked to you and Michael. "Haven't fought you two in a while."

His kagune flaired behind him. Two large moth like wings that sprouted underneath his shoulder blades which meant they were difficult to crack. Then one tentacle joined it. A force to be reckoned with.

Michael made the first move. A wing collided with his and you went after him. Using your kagune, you struck the wing with all your strength. It didn't make a dent in it.

Riku sent you a sadistic smile. "Weak." You barely missed the tentacle that was sent your way. It barely sliced your leg. Rei joined in and was blocked by the other wing. Then as Michael tried to get to the the back, that wing wrapped around him. It started to squeeze him and Michael let out a whimper of pain.

Momentarily distracted by him, you were disappointed in yourself as the tentacle wrapped around your own kagune. It was only for two of your tentacles but he lifted you up. Your last one tried to pierce him but he brought you down hard onto the floor.

Your breath left you as you hit the ground. You think that you may have twisted a wrist.

"Let them go." Rei growled and attacked again. But the stupid large wing blocked his every move.

"You know that I'm stronger than any of you." Riku sneered. "Unlike you weak things, I know how to use my kagune to its full potential."

Your eyes caught sight of Homura getting up. She angrily glared at him as Riku smiled. Then it vanished when something struck him on the head. The kagune released both you and Michael and then at last a familiar kagune struck the head of Riku once more which ended him.

"Missed me?" Aika smiled proudly.