Black Ice

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n had just finished her prep work for the dinner rush by two o'clock in the afternoon. The lunch rush was so busy that Edwin had her to continue helping getting the orders out in a timely manner. She was sitting down in the break room taking a break to catch her breath when Sasha comes into the break room. "What's up?"

"The new menu was a big hit and the tables where the businessmen were sitting at left some good tips. Speaking of which, this is for you," said Sasha as she hands Y/n an envelope. "Vlad was very specific on getting this to you."

Y/n hesitantly takes the envelope from Vlad. "This has multiple red flags going off in my head." She opens the envelope and inside it was a couple hundred dollar bills. "Why? I don't normally work up front."

"Dont look a gift horse in the mouth, Y/n," said Sahsa before she leaves the break room.

Y/n looks back down at the envelope on her hands and sees a note peeking out of it. She takes the note out and unfolds it. It reads:

Takes a lot of effort to keep up with the mad rush of this restaurant. You did a job well done my dear. I expect great things to happen in your future. Here's your tip for the day. You've earned it.

Vlad Masters

Y/n shoves the note into her pocket and pulls out her phone to check her schedule for Milo's. The schedule showed she had the day off, which was good. "Guess I get to take dad some food." Right as she was about to put her phone away, Milo's Pizza appears on the caller ID. Y/n answers her phone. "Hello?"

"Y/n?"

Y/n immediately recognized the voice. It belonged to the manager at Milo's Pizza. His name was Ethan. "Hi Ethan. Did something come up?"

"Andrew didn't show up for his shift. You need to come in and make pizzas and make deliveries for tonight," said Ethan.

"Its my day off, Ethan. Can't you call someone else and ask them to fill in for Andrew's shift?"

"I already called them. No dice. I'll see you in at five," said Ethan before he hangs up on his end of the phone call.

Y/n stares at her phone in disbelief before she dials up her father's phone number. When she calls all she got was the voice mail. She decided to leave a message. "Hi dad, it's me. Cancel plans for today. Milo's Pizza is making me cover Andrew's shift tonight so I won't be able to bring by shrimp gratin for dinner tonight. I'll try to finish up as quick as I am able to for tonight. I'll see you later. Love you." Y/n hangs up her phone before putting it in her pocket. She calmly walks out of the break room and heads into the managers office. "Hey, Edwin?"

Edwin looks up from the computer and by just one look he could tell that Y/n was very upset. "Milo's?"

"Yeah. Could I have you make a dish of shrimp gratin and deliver it to my dad? I'll pay for it," said Y/n.

Edwin looks Y/n dead in the eye. "I'll have the evening chef make it but tonight you are putting your two weeks notice in at Milo's and working full-time here at Lunar Oasis. I'll let you be our prep cook or even better yet I'll get you trained to be one of our servers so you can get a better feel of the restaurant," said Edwin.

"Tonight I'll put my two weeks in at Milo's."

"Also if they make you make any deliveries past Wickers Bend, refuse. I hear that road is still haunted."

"Will do." Y/n leaves the managers office and heads home to get ready for a long night ahead.

Much later that night, around eleven-thirty, Y/n was making her last delivery for the night. The downside: it was past Wickers Bend. She had tried to refuse the order but Ethan threatened to take her car keys from her and make her work overnight. She turns her focus back on the road ahead of her, trying to keep an eye out of icy patches on the snow covered road. "Can't avoid it now," said Y/n. Her grip tightens on the steering wheel. Everyone in the state of Wisconsin tried to avoid Wickers Bend whenever they can. During the day it wasn't so bad but once night fell, it was a whole another story. Y/n keeps her focus on the road. The windshield wipers working double time to keep the snow cleared off of the windshield. The road was hard to see amidst the snow flurries. Right as Y/n was coming towards the turn, she hears something. It was barely heard at first but then it became audible.

"Let's have some fun," said a voice from no where. A pair of hands appears on the steering wheel and drives towards a patch of black ice, causing the car to careen out of control, towards the baracade on the side of the road.

Y/n looks down at the steering wheel in horror as a second pair of hands appear, paler than her own, wench the steering wheel to the right right into the barricade. She tries to fight back for control when she feels her care speed up. "What the hell?!" Y/n cries out in fright as he feels her car impact the barricade. She feels her car pick up speed as it speeds past a tree and down the hill towards the edge of a cliff. She once again tries to fight for control of her car, death pretty much was staring her in the face at this point as her life flashes before her eyes. She closes her eyes and prays for a quick and painless demise. Right as her car jumps the edge of the cliff she hears another voice.

"Time out," said another voice from no where, different from the first.

Everything starts to slow down, then to a crawl, and then to a full stop. Everything was motionless at this point as time slowed to a standstill