The Necklace

*Y/n's POV*
*a few days later*
*Christmas Day*

It was now Christmas day and Y/n was busy in the kitchen making breakfast. Vlad was still asleep which would give Y/n a few minutes to herself before he came down for breakfast. She was now walking around without the aid of a cane or with a leg brace on her hurt leg. She still had to take pain meds but now she only had to take them when needed.

"Have to remember to call dad later today to check in on him." Y/n was busy making pancakes and scrambled eggs. A simple breakfast that didn't require much effort to make. She sets the table and leaves the kitchen. Y/n heads over to the stairs.  "Breafast is ready!" Y/n calls up the stairs. She heads back into the kitchen.

Vlad was upstairs in his room. He was already up. In fact he was up since dawn. He had just finished wrapping up the necklace, the one he has been searching for. He leaves his room. "Now we just need the right emotional trigger. If this doesn't work there is always plan B." Vlad heads downstairs and puts the gift underneath the tree among the rest of the gifts. Most of the gifts were from Y/n's friends and family. But there were a few underneath the tree for Vlad. He smirks a bit. He has almost everything he could ask for and yet Y/n had gotten him a few gifts. She didn't have to but she had chosen to do so.

Vlad heads into the kirchen. "Morning," said Vlad. "How are you feeling today?"

"Better now. I don't need the cane or my leg brace anymore. Next week I have one more doctor's appointment to go to." Y/n sits down st the table. "I hope you don't mind pancakes and scrambled eggs for breakfast."

*Vlad's POV*

Vlad sits down across from Y/n. "For lunch I want you to try to make a dish a bit more difficult. One that wasn't served at Lunar Oasis."

"I'll think of something." Y/n takea a bit of her pancakes. "What about something with salmon?"

"Do we even have any salmon?" Vlad asks before he takes a bite of his pancakes. He was surprised at how they tasted.

"We might have some in the deep freeze."

"Then be sure to put it out to thaw for later."

The rest of the breakfast was spent in silence. After the table was cleared and the plates were cleaned off, washed, and put away, Y/n heads into the living room. She sits down in front of the Christmas tree and sorts through the gifts that were for her and Vlad. Y/n hands Vlads gifts to them. "Open yours first and then I'll open mine."

Vlad sits down on tbe couch, still in his pajamas. He opened the first gift from Y/n. The gift was wrapped up in silver and blue paper, as were the rest of his gifts. Inside the first gift was a new tie. He takes it out of the box and feels it. He could tell that it was made of silk.

"I know someone like you may already have a few ties. But I thought if the tie came from someone, it would be more meaningful."

Vlad looks down at the tie in his hands. It was red and gold with a flour de lis pattern on it. He neatly folds the tie up and puts it back in tbe box. "Thank you," said Vlad. He opens up the next gift, in the same wrapping paper as before. Inside the second gift box, which was slightly smaller than the first one, was a tie clip. It was sliver with a couple rubies on it. The last gift was a bit heavy. "What is in here?" Vlad shakes the box, trying to figure out what was in it.

"Its something from my collection I found a few days ago when we ended up getting stranded from tbe blizzard at my father's house. Found it in a box that was in the closet. I hope you like it."

Vlad opens then last gift for him and was genuinely surprised at was inside the box. It was a rather decent sized, about the size of an Emu egg, was an Oregon fire opal. "Where did you get this?"

"When I was younger, back before my mom left my dad, we all went on a trip to Oregon. There was this open dig site. You know the kind the public can go to, pay a bit of money, and keep whatever they dig up. Long story short, that was what I found. It was a pretty awesome find," said Y/n with a big smile on her face.

Vlad could hear the pride in her voice at the find she found as a kid. "Its rather impressive. I have a good spot to put it. Now open your gifts."

Y/n proceeded to open her gifts. She got a couple of video games from her brother, Alaster and sister, Marie. She got a few new clothes from her uncle Blake and his wife, Gwen. Y/n was finally on the last gift was from Vlad. It was wrapped in blue paper with a silver ribbon. Y/n opens the gift and inside it was a gold necklace with a green gemstone. A look of confusion appears on her face. "No offense but this kind of gift I didn't expect from you." Y/n takes the necklace out of the box.

"What kind of gift were you expecting?"

"Keys to a new car but this is fine. I didn't get the chance to own a lot of jewelry in my life. You mind helping me put this on?" Y/n gets up off of the floor and walks over to Vlad. She hands him the necklace and turns her back to him, moving her long hair out of the way.

Vlad gets up from the couch and helps put the necklace around Y/n's neck. His fingers brushed up against her skin, making her shiver at his touch. "There. You'll be the envy of every guy you meet but I doubt you'll have the eyes for them in return."

"Depends on how I am treated. Dated only once back in high school. Had to break up with they guy before the relationship started to get serious because he started spreading rumors about me and called me a few names that I wished I punched his teeth in for." Y/n turns to face Vlad. "Thank you for the gifts." She picks up the gifts her family has given to her.

"Same to you as well. Plus I hope the next guy you do start to date treats you decent. If he doesn't, he'll have me to answer too."

Y/n blushes a bit. "Thanks Vlad." She starts to head back towards her room when Vlad stops her. "Yes?"

"It's tradition," said Vlad as he points up to the mistletoe that was hanging above Y/n.

"Fine." Y/n gives Vlad a quick kiss on the cheek before running of to her room.

Vlad watches her leave.  "Now we wait to see what emotion will trigger the necklace." He puts his hand up to his cheek where Y/n had kissed him. "I find it kinda adorable she has a slight crush on me now. Be interesting to see if anything changes between us after what happens with the necklace." He heads back into the living room to gather up the gifts that Y/n had given him and heads upstairs to his room.