Telling him What Happened

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n wakes up with a start in the middle of the night from a nightmare. She was covered in sweat. Y/n gets out of bed and leaves her room. She was a bit confused as to where she was at. It doesn't take long to remember. Her and Vlad were busy cleaning out her dad's old house. "And here I thought I made myself forget that night..." Y/n makes her way upstairs to the attic. She didn't care if it was late, about three in the morning, she wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep after the nightmare she just had.

"Don't plan on sleeping anytime soon." Y/n picks up a chair and sets it down next to a box, which was marked childhood toys. She sits down in the chair and opens the box. Inside the box is a bunch of stuffed animals. There was one in particular she was looking for, one for comfort. One which she, as a kid, used to chase the nightmares away. It takes Y/n a few minutes to find it. It was a tiger plush. Faded in color with a few seems torn open, with some stuffing sticking out. The plush was missing an eye and was a bit squished considering how often as a kid Y/n hugged the plush when she had a nightmare. "Let see if we can fix you up, Tor."

Y/n looks around the attic. "Hey, Benny! I need you to find something for me," said Y/n.

The Box Ghost appears out of nowhere. "What do you need me to find, Y/n?"

"I need you to find me a sewing kit so I can fix Tor," said Y/n holding up the old plush for the Box Ghost to see.

"I'm glad you found him again. Give me a few minutes to an hour in case I need to go back to the Ghost Zone. I'll try to be back as quick as I can," said the Box Ghost befoee disappearing again.

Y/n leaves the attic and goes downstairs to the living room.

*Vlad's POV*

Vlad wakes up to the stairs squeaking. He glances over at the clock on the nightstand and sees it was nearly three-thirty in the morning. "Three in the morning on a..." Vlad yawns. "On a Saturday no less. Guess I'll go see what woke her up this time." Vlad gets out of bed and pulls on a pair of sweat pants. Ignoring the fact about putting a shirt on considering how tired he was. Vlad heads downstairs and into the living room. He sees Y/n watching TV. She was busy watching Adventure Time. "Aren't you supposed to be asleep?"

"The nightmare which I had does not let me go back to sleep easily," said Y/n.

Vlad sits down next to Y/n. "What are you watching?"

"Adventure Time. As childish the show is, it makes it so I know there is a lighter side of things." Y/n glances over at Vlad, a slight blush creeping across your cheek. "You forgot a shirt...."

"You never had a problem with it before."

"You weren't this close to me."

Vlad laughs a bit. "You look so cute when you're embarrassed. I know you have a crush on me. So when will you have the guts to admit it?"

Y/n mumbles incoherently under her breath before hugging the old plush that was in her hands.

"What was that?" Vlad asks, leaning closer to Y/n. "I couldn't hear you."

"I said it not ready to love someone. There I said it. Happy?!"

"Why?"

"You're still considered my employer. It won't seem right to start dating you or anything. If I wasn't employed as your chef, things would be different."

"If I didn't hire as my chef, you'd be moving place to place until you saved up enough money! Because of me you actually got a chance to heal from your accident! If it wasn't for me, you'd be dead!!" Vlad snaps, his eyes glowing red.

Y/n gets up from the couch and goes to sit on the floor closer to the TV. "Just no, Vlad. No..."

Vlad could see a tear fall down Y/n's cheek. Just when he'd thought he'd gotten Y/n closer to him, he pushed her away again. "I'm sorry Y/n. I didn't mean to act so rash."

Y/n hugs the plush closer to her and stays silent for the rest of the time that Adventure Time was on.

"So what's the deal with that old tiger plush?"

"Tor chases away the nightmares."

"You're twenty-eight years old. What in the hell scares you to the point of needing a plush to chase nightmares away?"

*Y/n's POV*

After another hour of leaving Vlad in silence, she gets the courage to sit next to him on the couch. "I know you will still keep asking questions about the plush. Dad only told you only half the story about what happened when I was seventeen."

"Yeah he kinda did."

"Back when I was seventeen years old, about a year after mom divorce. It was after Thanksgiving. Little did my dad know, Brandon hid in the house after Beth left. Since the divorce was still being processed, Beth was a still a part of the family. It was around ten at night and I was about to get in the shower since I had to work the next day. As I was getting undressed, I come to find out Brandon was hiding in the towel closet. Dad was asleep because of the turkey we had. I ended up waking him up from my screaming. Brandon tried to cover my mouth but I bit his hand. Brandon didn't get very far with what he wanted from me. Dad, despite still being tired, thrown Brandon into his office and called the police."

"Did he...'

"No he didn't. Been scared of getting close to anyone since then."

"Not all men are like Brandon. There is still good people left in this world."

"Are you one of those people? One who wouldn't try to take advantage of a woman?"

"Rather odd question to ask. I was taught by my parents to respect women, so no I am not one of those men. If I wanted too I could easily over power you in my Ghost form. Have I done that? No I haven't. Besides in the time you've been in my service, have I made any unwanted advances to you? No I haven't. Now get that notion out of your head, Y/n."

"You do have a point."

"If you want I can make it so you are no longer working for me. I'll let you stay with me. You can still cook but instead of making meals for me, you can just cook for the joy of cooking. That way if you want...."

Y/n reaches over to Vlad and grabs a hold of his hand. "To give us a better chance to get to know each other insead of being my general manager of a business."

"Now come here. We still have a few episodes of Adventure Time to watch before we need to go back to sleep," said Vlad. He lifts his arm and puts it on the back of the couch encouraging Y/n to sit closer to him.

Y/n scoots closer to Vlad, letting herself relax and be closer to him.

Vlad feels the tension leave Y/n as she makes herself comfortable against his side. At least he can have a moments rest and share a bit of happiness with her.