Dealing with Greif

*Vlad's POV*

It's been a week since Y/n's father has passed. Will's funeral was going to be at the end odnthe month. Vlad has been Y/n get his funeral arrangements made. As well as the headstone and coffin picked out as well. Vlad was in the kitchen fixing something for him and Y/n to eat. He, even though he had preferred the taste of her cooking over his, has decided to do some of the cooking for a bit and give Y/n a break. Mostly because her heart just wasn't in it anymore. The other day when Y/n had fixed the butternut squash soup again, Vlad had notice it didn't taste the same as the last time. So he decided to take it upon himself to cook. He laughs a bit. Just because he was rich, doesn't mean he can cook for himself.

Vlad was making pancakes. He decided to make something simple would cheer Y/n up. But there was still one thing that was bugging him. With all of the emotional turmoil going on, Y/n has yet to change into a ghost dragon. Vlad had seen her angry. He'd seen her upset as well since she was going through the seven stages of grief. As of right now she was still on anger and it showed.

Y/n's clothes caught fire a couple times, from spectral fire. Vlad thought it was funny the first time when he has seen her socks catch fire. It was a different story when he had seen her shirt catch fire. He didn't find it the least bit funny at all. He found it rather...let's just say some things are better left unsaid and Vlad would rather not think of Y/n in any way other than his friend, well for the time being that is. It had happened rather unexpectedly, Y/n's shirt catching fire that is. Her emotions needed an outlet to be released and her shirt was the first to go. Vlad almost choked on his coffee that morning.

After finishing the pancakes, Vlad heads upstairs to Y/n's room. He finds her talking on the phone with one of her family members, one of the one's who still respected her that is. He catches her attention as he sets the plate of panic down on the table next to the door.

"Can you give me a second, Alaster," said Y/n before putting her brother on hold during the phone call. "Yes, Vlad?"

"I made pancakes. Also if you want to talk...."

"I'll think about it. I'm still upset over the fact that when I needed someone to talk to he wasn't there for me." Y/n returns to her call with her brother.

I was just trying to trigger the necklace, Vlad thinks to himself. Still waiting for the right time to put Plan B into effect. Not going to like it though. Vlad leaves Y/n's room. It was four hours later before Y/n hadnleft her room again. Vlad was in his study when he hears a knock at then door. "Come in," said Vlad.

*Y/n's POV*

"I got a hold of all my family and friends, telling them when my father's funeral is and where it is at. All the arrangements have been made for burial as well as the other expenses needed to cover the cost of the funeral home and everything else." Y/n looks Vlad in the eye. "It's going to cost a bit but at least it's not an arm and a leg expensive," said Y/n.

"What's the damage so far?"

"The coffin, burial plot, headstone, the funeral home, and catering. The catering will be done by Lunar Oasis. They agreed to cut the cost by half so there is some money saved there. Dying is just as expensive as living." Y/n laughs weakly at the slight joke.

She does have a point, Vlad thinks to himself as he remebers the day of the accident with the prototype ghost portal back during his college days. "Well whatever the cost it, I'll pay for it."

"You don't have too, Vlad. I'll only end up owing you more money in the long run."

"Just think of as this. As of right now, family is more important than your job. There is people who will argue that but last thing I need to have happen is you ending up breaking down and crying during one of your meal preps and cutting your finger off. Until you're emotionally sound and stable, I'm not letting you cook for a while."

"Plus we don't need to have one of the knives catch fire somehow. Still trying to figure out how that happened a week and a half ago. I wasn't even using a source of flame."

*Vlad's POV*

"Go get some fresh air to clear your head. We will talk later, Y/n," said Vlad. He watches Y/n leave his study and groans in frustration. "Like I needed to be reminded of that. Can't have my head clouded by lust. Not even going to consider Y/n as something more than an acquaintance or a close friend anytime soon. Going to have to end up having her vent out her emotions or risk more than just her shirt catch spectral fire. Rather not risk losing my head." Vlad leaves his study and heads down into the basement and into his lab. He walks upnto one of the tables where an odd looking rifle sits.

"Now I just need the last piece of the puzzle and when the time comes I can put Plan B into effect." Vlad turns his attention to the Ghost Zone portal towards the back of his lab. "Speaking of the final piece, Skulker should be on his way by now." He changes into his ghost form and activates the Ghost Zone portal. After a few minutes, Skulker steps through the portal. "Were you able to get the part?" Vlad asks.

"Yea I was. You have no idea how hard it was to this away fron Technus," said Skulker.

"Not very hard. Am I right?"

Skulker laughs. "Not even a little." He hands the part to Vlad. "So how's the little human been doing?" Skulker asks.

"Her father died due to the ghost over on Wickers Bend."

"You mean that ghost? That guy is nothing but problems. Even I tried to catch him and he ended up getting away."

"Y/n mentioned that there is two on Wickers Bend." Vlad connects the wires of the part he had gotten to Skulker to the odd looking rifle.

"Two of them? Thats just all sorts of problems. Sounds like we are all going to have our hands full when the time comes."

Vlad hands Skulker the rifle. "I'll let you know what to do when the time comes. When it does, make it look like an accident."

Skulker smirks and then laughs. "Is this human really that important to you?"

"More important than you'll ever know. Now leave. I still have a funerals to plan for."

"I'll be keeping an ear out when Plan B will be put into effect. In her case, you better hope she doesn't die." Skulker disappears back into the Ghost Zone portal.

Vlad shuts the portal off and turns back into his human form. "It won't kill her because I won't allow it." He leaves the basement, shutting the lights off behind him.