Aftershocks (Part 2)

*Y/n's POV*

It was still raining by the time Y/n and Vlad get to the cemetery. Once again everyone stands outside in the rain and gives the their final eulogy for Will. Y/n's family, the ones who were able to come, included Y/n's brother, Alaster, and her sister, Marie. Will's brother, Blake, and his wife, Gwen. As for Y/n's mother and boyfriend, they haven't shown up yet.

Y/n once again numbs herself to the outside world, well more so to Vlad then the rest of the guests. She goes to stand by Danny, Tucker, and Sam.

"How you holding up?" Sam asks.

"Not really sure now. Just want to get this day over with," said Y/n.

"We are here for you if you need to talk to someone," said Tucker.

"That is if you need your friends to talk to," said Danny.

"Thanks guys." It was at this point Y/n starts to get an idea. "Hey, Danny, before you head home I need to talk to you. It's about what happened to my father."

"Fine by me," said Danny.

Y/n steps up to her father's casket, giving her final goodbyes, fighting back tears in the process. She didn't want to break down in front of all these people. She wipes her eyes to make a show that she is crying. She stays by the casket, watching everyone leave, except for Danny and her father's lawyer, Edward. Y/n tells Vlad she will meet him back at the car.

"Don't forget to stop by my office for the reading of your father's will, Y/n," said Edward.

"I'll be at your office as soon as I can, Edward," said Y/n. After a few minutes, it was just her and Danny standing in the rain.

"So what did you want to talk about?" Danny asks.

"I want to go kill those ghosts who haunt Wickers Bend," said Y/n.

"Kinda had a feeling you were going to say something like that." Danny nervously scratches the back of his head. "Clockwork wanted me to take care of them. But I guess you could help out with necklace if yours. I know its not yours to begin with."

"How long did you know about the necklace?" Y/n asks as she pulls the necklace out from her shirt.

"Back when you stopped Sam, Tucker, and I from driving down Wickers Bend. I noticed it hanging around your neck that day."

"Vlad gave it to me as a gift last Christmas."

"I'm surprised you still haven't transformed into a ghost dragon yet."

"I've been bottling up my emotions."

"I can kinda tell. Go deal with the lawyer and then we will go deal with those ghosts," said Danny before he heads back to his car. "Give me a call when you get done with the lawyer."

*Vlad's POV*

Vlad waits in his car for Y/n. He was tired of her attitude and in one way or another, he will take care of it. A few minutes later, the passenger car door opens and Y/n gets into the car. "Taken you long enough," said Vlad.

"We need to go to Edward's office for the reading of my father's will. Be prepared to deal with my mom and her boyfriend."

"Do we have to deal with them?"

"Yes. Most likely this will be the last time I will see them."

It was an hour drive to Edward's office and the silence was unsettling. Vlad, out of the corner of his eye, could still see that Y/n was fighting the necklace still. Every now and then he sees her hands twitch. "If your tired, take a nap. I'll wake you up when we get there."

"I'm fine."

"You've been up since six this morning. Taking a nap isn't going to hurt you."

"Fine...dad." Y/n tries to get herself as comfortable as she could in the passenger seat in her wet clothes, wished she had brought the umbrella with her today. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep.

"How can someone like her keep her emotions bottled up like she has? That dragon she'll turn into is going to be very angry." Vlad takes a quick look at Y/n before returning his attention to the road. He noticed that Y/n had a somewhat pale glow around her body. "She's had that necklace for months. So it has had somewhat has been affecting her. Might have to tell Skulker to forego Plan B." After an hour of driving, Vlad finally pulls up at Edward's office. There was already another car parked by the door. "Guess Beth and Brandon are here..."

Vlad reaches over and shakes Y/n's shoulder, causing her to wake up startled. A look of confusion in her eyes. "We're here. Plus we will have to deal with Beth and Brandon."

"Okay then." Y/n unbuckles her seat belt, shivering from the cold. "I should have brought a change of clothes."

"And you should have brought an umbrella like I told you too."

Y/n gets out of the car and wrings the water from her clothes. She checks the trunk just in case she may have stashed a change of clothes in there. She was in luck. Turns out her old duffle bag was in there. "Vlad why is this in the trunk?" Y/n asks as Vlad gets out of his car.

"I forgot to give that to you. It's your stuff from your old car, from the night of your car accident," said Vlad.

"Not creepy at all," mumbles Y/n as she heads into the law office to find a bathroom to change out of her wet clothes.

"This is going to be a long day still. Longer yet because we'll have to deal wirh Beth and Brandon. I did promise Y/n I'll be on my best behavior but if Brandon tries to touch Y/n, I'm going to break his arm," said Vlad bwfore he heads inside the law office.