Emotional Rollercoaster (Part 1)

*Y/n's POV*

It was past noon when Y/n finally wakes up. She still felt exhausted. Y/n gets out of bed and gets dressed. It takes her a few seconds to realize she had forgotten to change into pajamas once she got home. "I kinda don't feel like cooking today." She leaves her room and heads downstairs to the kitchen. There was still no sign that Vlad was up and about. "Looks like I get some time to myself today. Usually he's not gone this long. The only time he is if he's away on business."

Y/n opens the fridge. She wasn't very hungry so she decided to fix herself something light to eat. She was worried about her dad and it was messing with her appetite. "Wished Vlad would have left a note or something saying he left. The most he's been gone is three days. So maybe he will be back by then." Y/n opted to make a salad. It was made with feta cheese, baby leaf lettuce, grape tomatoes, and cucumbers with a raspberry vinegrette dressing. Sadly Y/n was only able to eat half the salad before throwing the rest of the way. She just couldn't eat it. It was silly. It was a salad, something she made to be enjoyed and eaten, yet she couldn't eat it. Worrying was making her sick.

Once Y/n cleaned up the kitchen, she heads back upstairs, deciding to look around. She heads to the study, which had a small library. "Maybe he's in here. Vlad did hole himself up in here at least once or twice." She heads into the study. Y/n looks over to where Vlad usually sits by the chair. There was a crystal decanter half-full of brandy. The glass next to it has long been empty. It just felt strange not having him around. Even though it was barely a day, Y/n kinda missed Vlad.

Later that night Y/n tries to fix herself something to eat again. But this time a bowl of cereal. When she was about to take the first bite, a green colored mist-like vapor escapes from her mouth. From her experience, she knew it was trouble. She hoped it was Plasmius so she could throw her cereal at him. She needed to vent her emotions. There were other ways but she rather not go there. After a few minutes the maid, Amber, walked into the kitchen. This is odd, Y/n thinks to herself. "Amber I thought you went home for the day."

"Mr. Master's asked me to come check in on you," said Amber as she straightens her dress out.

Something is off. Amber hasn't been here in a few weeks. This isn't right. "Oh really? Then where is Vlad then? I need to talk to him about the plans I have for tomorrow's dinner since I need to know whether he wants something simple or more elaborate."

"There is no need, miss. Mr. Masters is..." Amber takes a step back when Y/n gets up from her chair.

"Where is Vlad, Amber?! Do not give me a bullsheit answer!" Y/n raises her voice, adding a bit of verbal venom to it. "Do not tell me he is still in this mansion. I know he isn't. Tell me where he is or this will get ugly."

"Oh fine then. This facade was getting boring anyways." Amber's appearance starts to change to a woman who appeared in her early thirties. She's wearing a red colored office-type dress, the kind a school guidance counselor would wear, but the slutty looking kind of dress. She had her red hair in a pointed up hair style.

"I was originally here to feed off your happiness over the fact you are out of your toxic work environment. But now that you are all depressed from dealing with your dying father and the fact that Vlad upped and abandoned you, I need to figure out a way to get you happy again." She pulls out a compare mirror and holds it in front of her face. "You are already giving me wrinkles."

"Just who the hell are you?" Y/n was starting to get mad, her eyes slowly started to change to red.

"I'm Penelope Spectra and you are going to be my one way ticket to everlasting beauty!"

Y/n laughs. "That's funny. There's no such thing as everlasting beauty. Things wither away. But as for you," Y/n cracks her knucklesz her eyes were fully red. "You gave me a good way to vent my emotions, you home invader!"

*Vlad's POV*

Vlad, as Plasmius, was a couple miles away from his mansion. Skulker was standing besides him with a pair of binoculars to his eyes. "Anything yet?" Vlad asks.

"Nothing yet...wait a minute. Spectra is making her way to the front door and...." Skulker sees the front doors fly open of the mansion and sees Spectra fly out, follwed by a flying grandfather clock which missed Spectra by a few feet. Skulker laughs. "Kid's got a good aim," said Skulker laughing. "Yet she destroyed a clock in the process."

Vlad pinches the bridge of his nose. "Did she at least chase out Spectra. I'd rather not have her nosing in my plans."

"Yeah. Spectra is fleeing for the hills. Would be funny if Y/n chases after her," said Skulker. He puts his binoculars away. "You know that necklace is going to cause problems eventually if you don't give it back."

"As of now, I don't care. I want someone else who is like me, to share my pain, to have something in common with. Young Daniel is out of the question. Y/n is closer to my age, even with the age gap."

"That would be interesting. That would give me something else to hunt."

Vlad turns to face Skulker. "You will not. Y/n is not going to be some kind of trophy to hang on your wall!"

"Fine by me. I still think you should go talk to her. Last thing you need to have is destroy more of your stuff or turn into a dragon inside your mansion." Skulker leaves Vlad to his thoughts. He knew it was a matter of time before he Vlad found himself in high water.

Vlad returns his attention back to his mansion. He could see Y/n, who was now out in the cold, looking over then damaged grandfather clock. "I'll let that slide this time," said Vlad before he flies away.