A Visit (Part 1)

*Y/n's POV*

It was another week before the house was almost cleared of things either to give to a donation center or throw away. Y/n couldn't believe how much was still needed to be done. She was now working on giving one of the room a fresh coat of paint. Y/n had on an old t-shirt and a pair of jeans which had holes in them. She was planning on giving the whole house a renovation before claiming the house as her own officially. Y/n planned on giving the bedrooms and her dad's office a fresh coat of paint and new furniture. Then the rooms downstairs, a complete overhaul. New appliances in both the kitchen and living room. Now that she had enough money to turn her dad's old house into her dream house.

"Quite the busy worker," said Vlad before he came into the room.

"Still getting used to a smaller home?"

"Yeah. Not easy. Its going to feel weird once we get back to the mansion." Vlad stares at Y/n.

Y/n could tell something was bothering Vlad. "Okay. Something is wrong. At this point I can almost read you like a book."

"Nothing is wrong, my dear."

Y/n mentally shivers. The way he said 'My dear' didn't feel...right. "Well I am almost done here. I'll need your help once I get outside since I don't have ghost powers anymore."

"Skulker may think you might."

"I don't care what he thinks. Just meeting that dude just once was enough to make my skin crawl." Y/n met Skulker once. It was around the time she threw the grandfather clock out the front door of Vlad's mansion at Spectra, about a day later. It was around midnight. She ended up sleep walking that night. She had somehow made it down to Vlad's lab when Skulker showed up to wait for Plasmius. Just the chills alone from him being as the same room as her was enough to wake her back up. It wasn't until a few days later that Vlad told her what happened.

"Well I am still regretting that mistake of giving you that necklace. Skulker thinks the necklace may have a residual effect in you."

"Even if it did, being that emotionally unstable was bad."

"You would just need training to master your powers."

"For all I know, I don't have any powers. End of discussion!" Y/n sets her paint brush down, reseals the paint can, and leaves the room. She heads back to her room and grabs the clock-shapped gear medallion from her dresser. "Going to need to clear my head on this. Not going to risk making Vlad go Ghost on me." She puts the medallion around her neck. Time stops around her and she feels weirded out. "This is weird..."

"You'll get used to it," said Clockwork as he appears out of a portal. "I was beginning to wonder when you would put the medallion on. Ready to go?" Clockwork work as his form shifts from a young adult to an old man.

"Go where?"

"Back to the Ghost Zone. I did tell you back during your father's funeral, I did have a gift to give you." Clockwork looks behind Y/n and sees Vlad was about to enter the room. "Seems his infatuation for you has gotten the best of him. I think it would be best to tell what will happen to him in the coming months." Clockwork steps aside from the portal so Y/n could step though.

*Clockwork's POV*

Clockwork waits for Y/n to step through the portal before closing it behind him. He laughs seeing Y/n's face when she sees his castle for the first time. "Welcome to my domain. My own place outside of time. Now if you'll follow me, I'll take you where you need to go." Clockwork's form changes from the old man to the baby.

"Can you...maybe stay to one form? It's kinda weird to me," said Y/n.

"I change as so does the flow of time. My change is constant and never ceases. The day I stay in one form will be the day of my choosing. The day when all time stops for one being."

Y/n gives Clockwork a confused look. "Is that a riddle?"

"To a sense it is. Care to guess?" Clockwork leads Y/n through his castle, past many doors before stopping at one of them.

Y/n thinks for a bit as to what the riddle might be as she follows Clockwork.

Clockwork opens the door. "Its not too often I give gifts to people. I don't usually play favorites." He quickly floats across the room to a giant mirror, which stood about eight feet tall. He reaches into his robes and pulls out what appeared to be a TV remote. Clockwork hands it to Y/n. "You do know how to work a TV remote, right?"

Y/n gives Clockwork a "Really?" look. "Yes I do. Please explain what the buttons do on this thing."

"The up and down arrow keys allow you to go forward and back. The left and right keys allowed you to scroll though the events."

*Y/n's POV*

"What do you mean events?"

Clockwork steps in front of the mirror and images soon flicker to life.

"Smile for daddy, Y/n...."

Y/n hears an all too familiar voice as the image becomes clearer. The image comes clear, showing Y/n's father outside in the garden. A younger version of Y/n, about one year old, sat in her father's lap. Will was making funny faces at Y/n, trying to make her laugh. After a few seconds, the younger version of Y/n goes into a giggle fit. Y/n wipes the tears from her eyes as she watches an event from her past. "The answer to the riddle is love. A man will see all unfold around him. But to him time stops around the one or ones he loves most," sais Y/n.

"Clever girl. I'll bring you a chair so you can sit down and watch so you can see what events you need to see, missed, or need to remember."

"Why?" Tears were now falling freely from Y/n's eyes.

"Because I know better than anyone else that time heals all wounds. Your heart still needs to heal."

"No what I mean is why are you doing this for me? You are the keeper of time, known as Chronos to the to the Greeks. You said so yourself. You cannot interfere with the timeline!"

"Yes I may be the keeper of time but I choose to interfere when needed. I bend the rules how I see fit when I need to. You needed this little push to help yourself heal over the death of your father. Yes you will still miss him years to come but it's the greif that will hurt you later if I don't help you now!" Clockwork calms down before speaking again. "What happened to your father cannot be undone but your greif of him would have drove you mad."

"What do you mean?"

"Like I said, I cannot interfere with rhe timeline too much. You're a clever girl. Figure it out yourself," said Clockwork before he leaves the room so Y/n could watch the events on the mirror.