Primal (Part 1)

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n knew she was staring down a part of Vlad that she knew she'd have to deal with eventually. And she wasn't going to like it. "Vlad?"

"You've changed, Y/n. You've matured a bit more as well," said Vlad, his voice almost a purr. He takes a step towards Y/n. "I've missed you."

Y/n tenses up. She quickly swallows her fear of getting backed into a corner. "It's good to see you again too, Vlad. Are you hungry? I learned a few new recipes with Clockwork's help."

"Yes I would like something to eat."

It was taking all of Y/n's will power not to run in fear. "Alright then. I'll go fix something for us right away." She heads downstairs and she knew Vlad was following her. It was past the puppy dog crush phase now. It was now to a primal fixation. To claim what is yours. Y/n checks all the cupboards and the fridge for any expired goods. She finds none has expired which was good. Lucky for her she had what she needed to make French Chestnut soup.

As Y/n starts the meal prep, she becomes increasingly aware of Vlad watching. "You mind waiting in the living room? You are making me nervous."

"Me making you nervous?" Vlad quickly closes the short distance between him and Y/n. "I've never made you nervous before." His voice sounded like silver on velvet.

Y/n turns to face Vlad, pointing a chef's knife at him. "Back the hell off, Vlad! Go take a cold shower!"

*Vlad's POV*

Vlad puts the tip of his finger on the point of the blade. "You don't scare me with your little temper tantrums anymore, Y/n." He pulls the knife from Y/n's hand and tosses it into the sink. Vlad leans closer to Y/n, licking his lips with a serpent-like tongue.

"Vlad you are scaring me," said Y/n.

"Vlad isn't here right now. Until you come to terms on what you desire, you'll be doing with me."

"So I'm talking to Plasmius..."

"To a sense, yes. So until you admit what you want you'll be dealing with me. I seen how you look at Vlad. You love him. You just don't want to admit it yet and you are too scared to admit how you feel to him. I could help you confess those feelings..." Like honey dipped in silver. That's how his voice sounded.

"Either you back the hell off or I will make you pay!"

Vlad laughs. "Empty threats, my dear."

"Who said it was an empty threat?" Y/n picks up another knife, ecto-energy flames ignite on the blade. "I learned a few new tricks during my stay with Clockwork. Either you let me talk to Vlad or I'm sticking this knife where the sun don't shine!"

"Fine by me. It was fun talking to you." A shudder passed through Vlad's body, his eyes regaining focus and losing the red glint to them. "Sorry about that, Y/n."

"Keep Plasmius on a tight leash." The flames on the knife disappear, leaving the blade unharmed.

"I try. It gets kinda hard the closer it gets to Halloween."

*Y/n's POV*

"Yeah well if things went south with him in the kitchen, I'd need a good stiff drink to forget what had happened. So while the soup is cooking, me and you are going to have a long talk. You are keeping secrets about yourself that I need to know."

"I should have told you about this a long time ago."

"Yes you should have. You should have been honest with me since day one." Y/n heads into the living room, sits down on the couch,and waits for Vlad.

Vlad sits down next to Y/n. "Now where to start."

"From the beginning."

"It all started back in college. Jack, Maddie, and I were working a prototype Ghost Zone portal. Maddie was warning me about the equations not being right and then Jack turned the portal on. I got blasted with ecto-energy. I ended up being hospitalized with a severe case of ecto-acne. It had taken a long time before it went away. Spent a good few years in the hospital before it went away. Over the next twenty years I spend honing my powers, using them to amass the great wealth I have. I stole, made rich tycoons hand over their companies to me, invisible insider stock market trading, and started my own company called VladCo, which I still own."

"So to make sure to understand what you had just told me, you stole, lied, and cheated to get your wealth all the while staying bitter at your former best friend all the while honing your ghost powers just because you were bitter at him and decided to hold a grudge?"

"Pretty much."

"And here I though I was angry and held a grudge." Y/n gets up from the couch. "Let go of that hate and anger and move on. But that still doesn't explain why your ghost half eats ghosts."

"Been trying to figure that out myself as well. It was about five years into being half ghost when things started being strange. I end up having blackout periods and then wake up with a weird taste in my mouth. It would get worse the closer it would get to Halloween. But since you've been my life, I haven't had a blackout yet this month."

"I think its because Plasmius is trying to focus that hunger elsewhere and I don't like that. He needs to realize that scaring someone half to death isn't a good way to get someone to love you. Especially now since I can probably go toe to toe with him since I'm, to a sense, half ghost now." Y/n heads back into the kitchen to check on the French Chestnut soup. She knew she was playing with fire and any day now, she will get burned. Thirty more days until Halloween and all hell breaks loose with Vlad...