The Party

*one month later*
*New Year's Eve*
*Vlad's POV*

Y/n trying to hurry and finish dinner prep. Vlad was hosting a party for New Year's and was inviting some business partners as well as the Fentons, as long as Jack Fenton was on his best behavior. Also he invited Y/n's father as welk.Against his better judgment, Vlad had sent the invites out to the Fentons. "This better not get out of hand," Vlad tells himself as he heads downstairs, straightening his tie. He was wearing the tie that Y/n had got him for Christmas. Since she has been living with him, she has proven her worth. She was a hard worker and takes pride in what she does.

Plus, even though he wouldn't admit it, Vlad did enjoy Y/n's cooking. Vlad makes his way to the kitchen but was stopped at the door, by Y/n, who was pointing a pairing knife at him. "So I am not allowed in my own kitchen?" Vlad asks. He looks to her neck, seeing she was wearing the necklace he had procured for her.

"You are not snacking. That's why you are nor going to come into the kitchen!" Y/n snaps at Vlad.

Vlad laughs. "I'm not going to snack. I'm just going get something to drink."

"You are not going to drink either. My dad is going to bring a few bottles of wine for the party. You can wait then."

"Then what can I have to drink then, besides water, of course."

"Give me a second." Y/n heads back into the kitchen and heads over to the stove. She grabs a mug and using a ladle, pours some hot cider into a mug. She goes to give the mug to Vlad. "Drink up."

"What is this?" Vlad asks as he takes the mug from Y/n.

"Apple cider with cinnamon and orange. I've made plenty so you can have as much as you like. Now unless you are going to help me cook, I suggest you leave the kitchen."

"Fine by me," said Vlad before he leaves the kitchen. He smirks for hw decided to mess with her. Vlad heads back up to his room and sets the mug of hot cider on his deck, next to the Oregon fire opal. He stares at the opal for a few minutes. Vlad had set it on his desk so it could catch the sunlight during the day, scattering light around the room. "She's too kind of a person. She had given me one of her prized possessions. Y/n is starting to make me have second thoughts about my plans for her." He turns invisible. "But that doesn't mean I'll stop messing with her." He phases through the floor and heads to the kitchen. Despite the fact that she won't let him grab a snack, Vlad still had his own ways to get what he wanted.

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n was busy cutting up pieces of salmon to make garlic butter creamed spinach salmon. She was planning on making the dish since Vlad liked it so she figured why not have the party guests try it. "I'll need to get more salmon. Have to remind Vlad to let me buy more food tomorrow..." She puts the knife she was using down. As she was turning around, she sees the fridge was open slightly.

"Wait a minute..." Y/n walks over to the fridge. "Did Vlad sneak into here while my back was turned? I would have heard him come in here." She stares at ths fridge for a few seconds before she closes it. "There better not be a ghost in here. More so that ghost from Wickers Bend better not have followed me here." Y/n walks back over to the counter and grabs the bigger knife she has just in case the ghost did follow her.

Later that night the guests had finished arrived for the party. Y/n stays in the kitchen until the last of the guests had arrived. The Fentons had arrived right as Y/n was heading out of the kitchen with the last batch of hot apple cider. She smiles when she sees Danny as hs walks in. "Hey, Danny," said Y/n.

"Hey, Y/n." A look of confusion appears on hus face. "Why are you here?"

"Long story. I'll tell you if I get time to tell you tonight," said Y/n. She goes ove to the table where the drinks were being served at and sets the pot of cider down on a rather large stone plate so the heat won't warp the table. She walks over to his family. "So I am guessing this is your family?"

"Yep. This is my dad, Jack," said Danny as he points to a man in an orsnge jumpsuit. "My mother, Maddie," pointing to a woman in a blue jumpsuit. "And my sister, Jazmine," said Danny as he gestured to a teenage girl standing behind him.

"So this is the girl you went to see in the hospital," said Maddie. She turns to look back at Danny. "She is beautiful. I can see why you went to visit her."

Both Y/n and Danny blush. "I'm sorry ma'am. I'm twenty-eight. Danny is a bit out of my age range."

"You look like you are eighteen?! How can you look that young?" Jazmine asks.

"The woman in my side of the family don't look their age until later on in life," said Y/n.

"Enough talk. Where's Vladdie?" Jack asks.

"Vladdie? Oh you mean Vlad. He's talking to some of the guests." Y/n watched Jack and Maddie walk away. "Should I be worried?"

"Maybe," said Jazmine. "Danny and I know what happened to you. Our parents just think you've been in a bad accident."

"Oh yeah. Danny told me your parents are ghost hunters. Have they ever caught a ghost."

Both Danny and Jazmine shake their heads. "No not really," said Danny.

"Have they ever heard of the Wickers Bend Ghost?"

"No they haven't. We don't plan on telling them about it," said Jazmine.

"If you guys want to go hang out a bit we can before the food is served. We can catch up and I can tell you guys why I am here."

"Okay then," sais Jazmine. "Kinda want to know why you are here as well."

Y/n leads Danny and Jazmine to the kitchen where it will be a little quieter and to give Vlad a chance to socialize with his other guests.