Waking Up

*Y/n's POV*

Y/n felt weightlessness. It felt like she was floating air. "Where am I?" She looks around and sees doors floating around, in green swirling clouds. "Floating doors? I must be dead."

"Quite the opposite actually," said Clockwork as he comes out of a portal next to Y/n. "You are alive. Just a bit of interference on my part since I have some questions to ask you."

"Ask away then." Y/n didn't seem at all fazed at what was going on.

"What did you warrant to have that ghost attack you?" Clockwork asks as he shifts to his old man self then to his child self.

"I don't know. All I know is that Wickers Bend is haunted by an evil spirit. It makes people drive off of the side of the road. For I know, I didn't upset it."

"How long has the hauntings of Wickers Bend been going on?" Clockwork already knew the answer. He just wanted to see if anyone else knew about it.

"I've been told to avoid that damn road ever since I was a kid." Y/n floats past Clockwork. "Hey I recognize you now. I heard 'Time Out' right before my car drove off the side of the cliff.

"I'm surprised you remembered. Normally people don't recall 'slips' or as you humans call it a glitch in the matrix."

"Yeah it was weird...one minute I was about to go over the cliff and the next I'm crashing into a tree. Which makes it your fault I'm in this situation!"

"The ghost that interfered wasn't a part of your timeline. So your death, that would have happened if I didn't fix it, wasn't intended at this time. The Observers didn't like what I did but it had to be done."

"That's kinda comforting knowing that it's not my time." Y/n laughs weakly.

"Your time will come."

"So why am I here?" Y/n floats back towards Clockword as he shifts to his adult self. "This place is kinda strange."

"Your ghost self is here in the Ghozt Zone. Well technically your astralform. I'm just keeping you here so my questions are ask as well as keeping you in a stable condition. You body was under a lot of stress."

"No kidding. I almost died! But why are you interfering with my life?!"

"I have my reasons. It's best if you leave now. Good-bye, Y/n," said Clockwork.
Y/n was slowly becoming aware of a beeping sound. She slowly opens her eyes and finds herself in a bright white room. She looks around, since it hurt for her to move her head, even the slightest.

"Ah good to see you are awake," said the doctor as he walks into the room. "You had a lot of us worried. Not many people survive Wickers Bend. Guess that makes you one of the lucky ones." The doctor looks down at the clipboard in his hands.

"How long...have I been out?"

"About two days. In case you are wondering, its going to take you even longer to heal." He sets the clipboard. "Oh sorry I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Dr. Simmons."

"Can I get some help to sit up, please?" Y/n asks.

Dr. Simmons helps Y/n sit up in the hospital bed and props her up with a couple of pillows. "Hopefully that helps."

"A little. At least my head doesn't feel like its spinning. So what happened to me?"

Dr. Simmons picks up Y/n's chart. "Let's see here...you have a two broken ribs as well as two bruises ribs. One of your broken ribs ended up puncturing one of your lungs. But we got that all fixed up. You also have a broken femur in your right leg, a displaced fracture . And your radius bone in your right arm is broken as well another displaced fracture as well. Other than all that, like I said, we are glad you pulled through. We almost couldn't stop the internal bleeding."

Now I see what Clockwork meant, Y/n thinks to herself. She begins to feel drowsy but also hungry. "Is there any chance I get something to eat or even drink?"

"You are not cleared to eat yet but you can have something to drink. It just has to be thickened for you to safely drink it. I'll be right back," said Dr. Simmons before she leaves the room.

*Vlad's POV*

Vlad had just pulled into the garage of the hospital. He gets out of his car and locks it. "Wonder how Y/n's doing today?" He makes his way to the elevator and takes it to the main floor. "The question is how long it will take her to heal from her injuries." Vlad walks up to the front desk. "I'm here to see one of the patients. Her name is Y/n."

"Are you family?" The nurse sitting behind the desk asks.

"Yes I am to a sense. I'm a friend to her family." Vlad lies to the nurse, hoping she wouldn't catch on.

"She's in room 232. Second floor, down the left hallway, the third door on the right," said the nurse before she returns to her work.

Vlad leaves the nurse's desk and follows the directions to Y/n's room. Before he could get into the room he could hear arguing. When he gets to the room he could see, besides Y/n, three other people in the room. One was standing at Y/n's bedside and the other two were in a heated argument. Vlad decides to wait outside the door to see how things go.

Y/n wasn't happy about the situation. Her managers from both Milo's Pizza and Lunar Oasis were arguing over her. It was to the point that she had enough. "I'm going to ask you both to leave. Argue on your own time. Not when I'm here trying to recover from a horrible accident." She watches as both managers leave the room, continuing their argument elsewhere.

Vlad comes into the room. "What was that about?"

"Edwin was arguing with Ethan on how it was a poor decision on having me take Wickers Bend to deliver to a customer. Who are you again?"

"Vlad Masters. I'm the one who found you a few nights ago after you crashed."

"Thank you."

"And who's this?" Vlad asks gesturing to the man standing next to Y/n's hospital bed.

"My dad. He's mainly here to make sure Ethan doesn't make me sign for anything. He's already not happy about the fact I can't come back to work in a few months."

Vlad sits down in the chair across from the bed. "I'm mainly here to check in on you but as well as tell you personally that you did an excellent job handling the chaos back at Lunar Oasis."

"She does work hard to earn her keep," said Zach, Y/n's father.

"Despite the fact that she won't be able to work for quite a while at least she can get some rest." Vlad looks at Y/n, making sure that both her and her dad didn't see him looking at her. She'll do just fine, Vlad thinks to himself.